What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Possible Draft Position Trade...please advise (1 Viewer)

bkterps

Footballguy
In a 10-team PPR keeper league where you start QB/RB/WR/FLX/FLX/TE/DEF/K.  You lose the round you drafted your keeper the previous year.  My options are Zeke (2nd round), Hunt (10th), or Kamara (18th).  I'm obviously keeping Kamara in the 18th (unless someone tells me Zeke is just too good to let go).

HERE'S MY QUESTION:  SHOULD I TRADE HUNT TO THE GUY PICKING 2ND FOR HIS SLOT AND HE TAKES MY 5TH?

I have the 5th pick.  The top 5 non-keepers available will be: Gurley, Elliott (since I will release him), Hunt (ditto), Barkley, and Julio. I'm guessing Barkley will be the one to fall to me, possibly Hunt.  The guy that has the second pick will most likely declare Hopkins as his keeper in the 3rd round.  I am thinking of trading him Hunt for his #2 slot.  That means he would keep Hunt in the 10th instead of Hopkins in the 3rd.  It also means I can draft Elliott...giving me Zeke and Kamara as my 2 RBs!!

Do you think I should offer up the trade, or just see if Hunt falls back to me at 5 with my original spot??  Being in the middle of each round has subsequent advantages.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

My initial thought was NO. That is wasn't a good trade but after thinking about it I would since it would mean you'll end up with either Gurley/Elliott and Kamara which is way better than Kamara and Barkley/Hunt. (I wonder who the Gurley guy has that he keeping someone else over him though-that seems strange).

1 keeper, right? So Hunt is useless to you otherwise if you keep Kamara (clearly the right keeper)? If yes to both, why not? It's no skin off your nose and you get to move up 3 spots. The only downside is you also strengthen an opponent significantly as he will now have Hunt and #5 and get his 3rd rounder back. You think he'd trade pick for Hunt and a pick lower than 5 (2nd or 3rd rounder?) 

How early did you draft last year to get Hunt in the 19th round? :lol:

My initial thought was NO. That is wasn't a good trade but after thinking about it I would since it would mean you'll end up with either Gurley/Elliott and Kamara which is way better than Kamara and Barkley/Hunt. (I wonder who the Gurley guy has that he keeping someone else over him though-that seems strange).
The guy who has Gurley drafted David Johnson in the 15th round last year AND has the first pick this year.  It is a no-brainer for him, keep DJ, redraft Gurley.  That is why I am trying so hard to find a way to match that.  He will be incredibly difficult to beat with that 1-2 punch every week!  Thank you for replying.

1 keeper, right? So Hunt is useless to you otherwise if you keep Kamara (clearly the right keeper)? If yes to both, why not? It's no skin off your nose and you get to move up 3 spots. The only downside is you also strengthen an opponent significantly as he will now have Hunt and #5 and get his 3rd rounder back. You think he'd trade pick for Hunt and a pick lower than 5 (2nd or 3rd rounder?) 

How early did you draft last year to get Hunt in the 19th round? :lol:
Yes, just 1 keeper, so you are correct about being useless to my team.  Your thought was exactly what I was wondering, is it boosting his team too much as well??  He may not even do it because he's one to always think he's on the losing end.  I didn't draft Hunt in the 19th, I got him in the 10th.  It was before Ware got injured and everyone thought he'd be the guy that year.  I didn't :)   Thanks for replying!

Yes, just 1 keeper, so you are correct about being useless to my team.  Your thought was exactly what I was wondering, is it boosting his team too much as well??  He may not even do it because he's one to always think he's on the losing end.  I didn't draft Hunt in the 19th, I got him in the 10th.  It was before Ware got injured and everyone thought he'd be the guy that year.  I didn't :)   Thanks for replying!
That was a typo, I meant to write 10th.  Large fingers typing on a phone - sometimes you get that. :lol:

It really doesn't matter if you think it helps the other team.  Does it help you?  In a one keeper league where you haven't even drafted yet it is wasted energy to dwell in how much a trade helps someone else.  There are too many variables at this point to worry about it.  

Float the offer out there and see what happens.

thanks for the help with mine. 

I agree with Evilgrin; you really have nothing to lose. If you get the 2nd pick, you're getting Zeke, who (IMO) is better than Hunt. So, why not give it a shot. Who cares if it makes the other team better. This trade makes you better.

Users who are viewing this thread