What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Possible Mahomes Trade - WHIR (1 Viewer)

themeistersinger

Footballguy
PPR - Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex (WR or RB), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST

I get - A.J. Green, Andrew Luck
I give - Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Jones

My Team
QB - Patrick Mahomes
QB - Matthew Stafford
RB - Alvin Kamara
RB - Leonard Fournette
RB - Alex Collins
RB - Austin Ekeler
RB - Aaron Jones
WR - Stefon Diggs
WR - JuJu Smith-Schuster
WR - Corey Davis
WR - Michael Crabtree
TE - George Kittle

His Team
QB - Andrew Luck
QB - Alex Smith
RB - Dion Lewis
RB - James White
RB - Mtt Breida
WR - Mike Evans
WR - Odell Beckham
WR - Adam Thielen
WR - A.J. Green
WR - Kenny Golladay
TE - Trey Burton
TE - Ben Watson

His first 4 picks were all WR.  One thing I don't like about the trade is A.J. Green is basically a bench player for him, since he can never start 4 receivers.  So I feel like he is upgrading his QB position with no downgrade to his starters, while I downgrade my QB.  I tried asking for 2 of the big 4 he has but he said no.  I could certainly ask for any of the others instead of Green.  I do like Green's schedule a lot, but I worry a little about the groin (although he was FP both Thursday and Friday).

What do you think?  I'd like more than what he offered.  Maybe I add Crabtree on my side for Golladay on his side.

Keep in mind that in this 12 team league, by the time I drafted Stafford in the 8th round, he was the 14th QB picked (so 2 teams already had 2 QBs).  People here LOVE their QB, so the value is higher here than it really should be.  If the draft was held today I think Mahomes would be a guaranteed first rounder, maybe even top 5.

Rest of Schedule for the QBs
Mahomes - at Denver, Jacksonville, at New England, Cincinnati, Denver, at Cleveland, Arizona, at LA Rams, BYE, at Oakland, Baltimore, LA Chargers, at Seattle
Stafford - at Dallas, Green Bay, BYE, at Miami, Seattle, at Minnesota, at Chicago, Carolina, Chicago, LA Rams, at Arizona, at Buffalo, Minnesota
Luck - Houston, at New England, at NY Jets, Buffalo, at Oakland, BYE, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Miami, at Jacksonville, at Houston, Dallas, NY Giants
Smith - BYE, at New Orleans, Carolina, Dallas, at NY Giants, Atlanta, at Tampa Bay, Houston, at Dallas, at Philadelphia, NY Giants, at Jacksonville, at Tennessee

Also, Ryan Tannehill and Joe Flacco are on the waiver wire at the moment

One other trade I have thought of:
Give Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Jones, Michael Crabtree
Get Andy Dalton, Joe Mixon, Jarvis Landry (I know Mixon is out this week)

Leave a link - thanks!

I would not do that trade if I were you.  If I were to force this deal I would not want AJ Green.  I would take any of his other WR's over Green - yes even Golladay.  I also don't like giving up Jones as I think he will be very good as he takes over that backfield in the next few weeks. 

With his WR depth I would offer up Collins for Golladay and see if he would do that.  Golladay immediately upgrades your flex spot and you should be fine. 

I don't like the trade.....I would want to keep Mahommes at all costs. You have 2 solid RBs and 2 solid WRs. They only 2 spots you have to worry about (barring injury) is your flex spot and a bye week replacement....you have that (Collins, Crabtree, Davis). 

FYI, my intial offer was Mahomes, Corey Davis and Crabtree for Mike Evans, AJ Green and Andrew Luck, which he turned down.

I think if I give up Mahomes I need to upgrade two positions to compensate for the downgrade at QB.  I knew I was asking for a lot, but his team is very unbalanced so I am trying to take advantage of that.

I would not do that trade if I were you.  If I were to force this deal I would not want AJ Green.  I would take any of his other WR's over Green - yes even Golladay.  I also don't like giving up Jones as I think he will be very good as he takes over that backfield in the next few weeks. 

With his WR depth I would offer up Collins for Golladay and see if he would do that.  Golladay immediately upgrades your flex spot and you should be fine. 
Why are you so down on AJ Green?  I think Golladay is very solid but I'd strongly prefer Green myself.

Why are you so down on AJ Green?  I think Golladay is very solid but I'd strongly prefer Green myself.
I have never really been a Green guy.  I have had him a couple times and he doesn't seem to live up to the name.  Some really good games, some injuries, and some blah.  He is good but I am not a fan.

I have watched quite a few Lions games this year and Golladay is the real deal.  Stafford looks for him and I thi k he is the best WR they have.  I think he only get better as the year goes on and will outperform Green.  I also think you can get him cheaper than Green.  Like I said offer up Collins for Golladay.  I thi k you will be happy with that exchange

I don't like the trade.....I would want to keep Mahommes at all costs. You have 2 solid RBs and 2 solid WRs. They only 2 spots you have to worry about (barring injury) is your flex spot and a bye week replacement....you have that (Collins, Crabtree, Davis). 
I kind of agree and kind of don't.  I do think Mahomes could definitely be the QB1 for the rest of the season (even ignoring the first 3 weeks), but I expect him to be closer to the pack than he and Fitzmagic are now.  So that would place his value at an early 3rd round pick in my book, maybe late 2nd round pick.

After 3 weeks, Mahomes is eighth in yards (896) but first in TDs (13).  If his TDs regress back to a level commensurate with his yards, then he's not going to be QB1.  His schedule also isn't that great:

at Denver, Jacksonville, at New England, Cincinnati, Denver, at Cleveland, Arizona, at LA Rams, BYE, at Oakland, Baltimore, LA Chargers, at Seattle

I kind of agree and kind of don't.  I do think Mahomes could definitely be the QB1 for the rest of the season (even ignoring the first 3 weeks), but I expect him to be closer to the pack than he and Fitzmagic are now.  So that would place his value at an early 3rd round pick in my book, maybe late 2nd round pick.

After 3 weeks, Mahomes is eighth in yards (896) but first in TDs (13).  If his TDs regress back to a level commensurate with his yards, then he's not going to be QB1.  His schedule also isn't that great:

at Denver, Jacksonville, at New England, Cincinnati, Denver, at Cleveland, Arizona, at LA Rams, BYE, at Oakland, Baltimore, LA Chargers, at Seattle
I understand the points that can be made for hard times ahead for Mahomes, but I believe the things he's surrounded with will keep him on pace to finish the year as a top-3 QB (his coach, his skill position players). I may have exaggerated with "AT ALL COSTS", but ultimately what I'm conveying is that you already have your QB for the season....2 RBs for the season, 2 WRs for the season. I'd start working on the tail end of your roster and packaging up some of them for perhaps a better Flex or Bye Week guy. You're in a much better predicament than most, so GL either way  :thumbup:  

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand the points that can be made for hard times ahead for Mahomes, but I believe the things he's surrounded with will keep him on pace to finish the year as a top-3 QB (his coach, his skill position players). I may have exaggerated with "AT ALL COSTS", but ultimately what I'm conveying is that you already have your QB for the season....2 RBs for the season, 2 WRs for the season. I'd start working on the tail end of your roster and packaging up some of them for perhaps a better Flex or Bye Week guy. You're in a much better predicament than most, so GL either way  :thumbup:  
Thanks - I completely agree that I think he will be very valuable ROS, including top 3, jut not as valuable as he has been the first 3 games.  So trying to find a way to maximize the potential value. 

I think you and I are in agreement here.  I do think I have the best team overall at the moment, but I want to dominate.  GL to you also.

I think I would decline this trade.  While I do see SOME regression for Mahomes I do think he'll maintain a high level of play throughout the year.  Him tied with Andy Reid is a good combo.  Also I read somewhere that Rodgers was chirping for Jones to get some more playing time so he could take over that backfield sooner than most think, his value will increase going forward I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread