What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Rookie Draft Ranking (1 Viewer)

KellysHeroes

Footballguy
Just Offense, 16 Teamer, QB/ 3 WR / 1 RB / 1 TE / 2 W/R/T.  4 pt TD for QBs, .5/1/1.25 PPR for R/W/T

QB: Matthew Stafford, Deshaun Watson, Mike Glennon, Paxton Lynch
RB: Todd Gurley, Carlos Hyde, Joe Mixon, Shane Vereen, DeAngelo Williams
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Dez Bryant, DeVante Parker, Randall Cobb, Terrance Williams, Marquise Goodwin, Tyler Boyd, ArDarius Stewart, Dwayne Harris, Charles Johnson
TE: Greg Olsen, Tyler Eifert, Vance McDonald
PK: Steve Hauschka

Was able to get 1.03 and took Mixon (had 1.01 at one point but moved back to 1.03 for a 2018 2nd, the team is in rebuild so it'll be low; I fell that the top 4 are pretty interchangable this yr)

Traded Julio for a package of Dem Thomas / Parker and 2.07 which I turned into Watson.  A little low I know but I expect Parker to take the next step and I'm sick of banging my head on Jones injury history... great player I know but these injuries will catch up soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope I'm wrong for your sake, but I can't help but think you made your team worse so far. I think you basically gave Julio away, he's no less durable than either Thomas or Parker, and obviously is a lot more talented and in a better offense. you should have gotten at least a 1st and 3rd rounder in addition to what you got. 

Looking at a lot of rankings, I'm apparently among the minority who thinks Mixon is pretty risky, so I think the difference between him and Fournette is bigger than a 2018 2nd rounder. 

I wish you the best of luck, but I think you should have gotten a lot more in both of those deals.

I agree with travdogg here.   You traded away premium dynasty assets (Julio and 1.01) and didn't get much value in return.  DT is a solid player but his dynasty value is very low, Parker is far from a sure thing, and the 2.07 pick is a total crapshoot.  In larger leagues (16 teamer) having players that can win you a week by themselves is critical and Julio is one of those players.  You way undersold him here.

I agree that the difference between pick 1.01 and 1.03 isn't huge when there isn't a specific player you want.  However, the perceived value of 1.01 is much higher than what you got in return.  I think you undersold here as well. 

Bottom line is I do  think the deals will end up being ok in terms of actual fantasy returns but you should have gotten a much better return for those premium assets so you left a lot on the table by taking these low value offers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread