What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PPR 12 team 4th pick. Help with draft strategy please (1 Viewer)

CanaBuc

Footballguy
So I was lucky enough to get the 4th Spot in our PPR draft tonight. I will likely have either David Johnson or Zeke at the 4th pick.

I am trying to make a decision on who to pick at the late 2nd and early 3rd round range. It seems like in most of the mark that I take the most premium receivers are gone by that time with the best remaining ones being Diggs Hill Baldwin and Hilton. There are some reasonable running backs off in there including Freeman Mixon Howard. another player who commonly falls to the late second is Gronkowski.

I am kind of leaning either Howard or Gronkowski at that point as I think both of them can finish as top 15 overall players in fantasy. They both have very good floors and high ceilings this year. My only concern is that if I go with Gronkowski I then we'll have to take whoever is left from Tyreek Hill Fitzgerald Doug Baldwin or Ty Hilton as my wide receiver one and now I'm left taking the second player at receiver or running back in the fifth round having decided to them take the best available running back or receiver at the end of Round 4. I am worried it is going to leave me a little bit weak at my second running back and first receiver if I go that strategy.

If I were to go Jordan Howard in the second round then I would likely go for Tyreek Hill and whichever stable PPR receiver is left in the fourth round like Landry or Tate for example.

The final option would be to go for Hilton or Evans in the second with kill in the 3rd and then take best running back and round for which often is one of Drake Collins or Lamar Miller. One of those three usually falls to the late fourth. If I do that I would then look for an upside tight end in the 8th or later rounds such as Burton Doyle or Delanie Walker if he falls.

of note this league also has bonuses for touchdowns of 45 yards or longer either receiving or running.

I eagerly look forward to your opinions on strategy going running back tight end running back running back or running back receiver from the 4 spot.

I was in a similar situation at #5, my strategy was to get the best 2 RBs I could. I caught an extremely lucky break with  AJ Green somehow dropping to me at 3.5 but I think the WR pool of quality players is much deeper than RB, especially in PPR.  I even took another RB in the 4th.  I ended up with 5 quality starting RBs and some teams in the league are  STARTING the likes of Tevin Colemean, James White, Bilal Powell, LeGarrette Blount.  

I would go RB, RB, WR, RB, then best available the rest of the way. QBs are deep, unless you want Rodgers or Brady...WAIT.

However, if you don't have a Flex spot go RB, RB, WR, WR or Gronk/Kelce if there

I would avoid Evans, if T.Y or Green is there that's an option as well. Take the best available player be it RB or wr or te.

I was in a similar situation at #5, my strategy was to get the best 2 RBs I could. I caught an extremely lucky break with  AJ Green somehow dropping to me at 3.5 but I think the WR pool of quality players is much deeper than RB, especially in PPR.  I even took another RB in the 4th.  I ended up with 5 quality starting RBs and some teams in the league are  STARTING the likes of Tevin Colemean, James White, Bilal Powell, LeGarrette Blount.  

I would go RB, RB, WR, RB, then best available the rest of the way. QBs are deep, unless you want Rodgers or Brady...WAIT.

However, if you don't have a Flex spot go RB, RB, WR, WR or Gronk/Kelce if there
What he said

Users who are viewing this thread