What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Preliminary Nominees for Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2019 (1 Viewer)

Yogibear

Footballguy
Well, the list of 102 names for the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2019 was announced earlier today:

QUARTERBACKS

(5) – Randall Cunningham, Dave Krieg, Jeff Garcia, Donovan McNabb, Steve McNair

RUNNING BACKS

(14) — Shaun Alexander, Tiki Barber, Earnest Byner, Larry Centers, Corey Dillon, Eddie George, *Edgerrin James, Darryl Johnston, Eric Metcalf (WR/KR/PR), Clinton Portis, Fred Taylor, Herschel Walker (also KR), Chris Warren, Ricky Watters

WIDE RECEIVERS

(9) — *Isaac Bruce, Gary Clark, Henry Ellard (also PR), Torry Holt, Chad Johnson, Derrick Mason, Sterling Sharpe, Rod Smith, Hines Ward

TIGHT ENDS

(4) — Mark Bavaro, Tony Gonzalez, Brent Jones, Jay Novacek

OFFENSIVE LINEMEN

(15) — Willie Anderson (T), *Tony Boselli (T), Lomas Brown (T), Ray Donaldson (C), *Alan Faneca (G), Chris Hinton (G/T), Kent Hull (C), *Steve Hutchinson (G), Mike Kenn (T), Olin Kreutz (C), *Kevin Mawae (C/G), Tom Nalen (C), Chris Samuels (T), Richmond Webb (T), Steve Wisniewski (G)

DEFENSIVE LINEMEN

(7) — La’Roi Glover (DT/NT), Russell Maryland (DT), Leslie O’Neal (DE), Simeon Rice (DE), Richard Seymour (DT), Neil Smith (DE), Bryant Young (DT)

LINEBACKERS

(14) — Carl Banks, Cornelius Bennett, Tedy Bruschi, London Fletcher, Seth Joyner, Wilber Marshall, Clay Matthews, Willie McGinest (also DE), Karl Mecklenburg, Sam Mills, Chris Spielman, Takeo Spikes, Darryl Talley, Zach Thomas

DEFENSIVE BACKS

(18) — Eric Allen (CB), Steve Atwater (S), Champ Bailey (CB), Ronde Barber (CB/S), Bill Bates (S), LeRoy Butler (S), Nick Collins (S), Thomas Everett (S), Rodney Harrison (S), *Ty Law (CB), Albert Lewis (CB), *John Lynch (S), Tim McDonald (S), Ed Reed (FS), Dennis Smith (S), Troy Vincent (CB), Adrian Wilson (S), Darren Woodson (S)

PUNTERS/KICKER

(3) — Jason Elam (K), Jeff Feagles (P), Sean Landeta (P)

SPECIAL TEAMS

(2) — Brian Mitchell (KR/PR also RB), Steve Tasker (ST also WR)

COACHES

(11) — Don Coryell, Bill Cowher, Tom Flores, Jim Hanifan, Mike Holmgren, Jimmy Johnson, Richie Petitbon, Dan Reeves, Marty Schottenheimer, Clark Shaughnessy, **** Vermeil

The only names that stick out to me on this list are Tony Gonzalez and Ed Reed.  Now, keep in mind that Johnny Robinson is the Senior Nominee and Pat Bowlen and Gil Brandt are the Contribitor Nominees.  Who do you think will make it to Canton in 2019?

Ronde...1 of 2 40/20 guys with Woodson...a ton of tackles...member of a legendary unit...most starts ever for a CB...

Gonzalez, Boselli, and Coryell should be slam dunk no-brainers.  Which means because sportswriters run this thing that none of them will get in.

Gonzalez, Boselli, Reed and Faneca would definitely get my vote.  I guess I could be convinced on a few others...

Some of these nominees are laughable, like slightly above average players. 

Since only 7-8 guys make it every year, I'd rank as follows:

1. Tony Gonzalez

2. Alan Faneca

3. Johnny Robinson

4. Ed Reed

5. Zach Thomas

6. Steve Hutchinson

7. LeRoy Butler

8. Champ Bailey

Last edited by a moderator:
It is pretty impressive Chris Warren made this list after 1 preseason...
It was funny as I believe one of the photos the NFL included in the reportage/PR was a picture of Warren III in his Raider clothes, instead of his dad in a Seahawks jersey.

FWIW, watching III run in the preseason, the apple clearly did not fall far from that tree.

Users who are viewing this thread