What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Preseason Games Thread - Observations and commentary from the FBG Shark Pool (2 Viewers)

You should stay far far away from that offense then. 
I’ve been beginning to fade them. Everyone thinks they’re smart because of the big talk of trying to run an impossible number of plays this season. I think Murray can be good and, like I said, what they’re trying to accomplish with their offense is good. Let’s not forget Adam Gase wanted Miami to be tops in offensive plays prior to last season and Chip Kelly was going to reset the league with his pace. It doesn’t happen if your OLine is dog #### and Dameire Byrd is one of your outside WR’s.

Did Minnesota blitz at all today? I've been casually watching but they are clearly not bringing the house like the Raiders did. That being said, Kyler looked real good throwing the ball. 

How does DJ look? 2016 or 2018?
He doesn't seem very explosive to me. He'll be better than last year with increased volume alone. I'm still concerned about the line but they looked ok from what I saw today. I still think it could be a slow start for the Cards given all the new parts.

Did Minnesota blitz at all today? I've been casually watching but they are clearly not bringing the house like the Raiders did. That being said, Kyler looked real good throwing the ball. 
Blitzing a QB with 4.3 wheels all the time wouldn't be smart. He's not trying to get hurt in the preseason but week 1 he'll break a couple runs that will make teams think twice about blitzing. 

He doesn't seem very explosive to me. He'll be better than last year with increased volume alone. I'm still concerned about the line but they looked ok from what I saw today. I still think it could be a slow start for the Cards given all the new parts.
Yeah. Love DJ as a player but he's going ~RB5 and there's too much uncertainty IMO for that spot.

Agreed. DJ doesn't look as dynamic as he was earlier in his career. I was pretty sure of it last year, but it was hard to accurately gauge him in that mess.

I don't know the reason(s), but it's apparent, IMO. Maybe he'll ratchet it up & get going in the regular season. The offense should be better (theoritically).

Last edited by a moderator:
Blitzing a QB with 4.3 wheels all the time wouldn't be smart. He's not trying to get hurt in the preseason but week 1 he'll break a couple runs that will make teams think twice about blitzing. 
He'll be breaking long runs this year for sure. This feels very similar to how I felt about Mahomes last year. I didn't know what or when to expect it from Mahomes. Then week one showed up and new exactly what and when. Murray is a bit different in that there could still be a never baked in here but I feel pretty confident in his talent.

Agreed. DJ doesn't look as dynamic as he was earlier in his career. I was pretty sure of it last year, but it was hard to accurately gauge him in that mess.

I'm not sure of the reason(s), but it's apparent, IMO. Maybe he'll ratchet it up & get going in the regular season. The offense should be better (theoritically).
You have to wonder if at some point playing behind a bad line you feel you are going to get hit sooner than you really do sometimes. I know this happens to QB's. He looks more patient this year, almost Lev Bellish. I don't think that's gonna work behind this line. 

You have to wonder if at some point playing behind a bad line you feel you are going to get hit sooner than you really do sometimes. I know this happens to QB's. He looks more patient this year, almost Lev Bellish. I don't think that's gonna work behind this line. 
That's possible. DJ just doesn't look like the player he was in 2016.

Of course, the offense did him no favors last season & it remains to be seen how things will shake out with Air Raid. He certainly could use a better OL.

One preseason carry, and carted off.

FWIW, I thought I very briefly saw his lower leg bend a bit awkwardly, and noteworthy or not, they did NOT  show it again. (But I stepped away from the TV)

In other news, DeShaun Watson is getting brutalized, apparently the Texans won't be happy unless they lose him too.

TZM

What's the deal with Ajayi?  Seems like the type of guy they would want to look at if he's healthy enough to pass a physical.

Love Crockett... Higdon got first carries with Miller down. I’m hoping Crockett doesn’t touch the ball tonight, would be huge sign that they didn’t want him hurt.
Because they totally are going to keep Crockett out to protect him, precious commodity he is. But screw Watson, leave him in. Dude is replaceable...

Because they totally are going to keep Crockett out to protect him, precious commodity he is. But screw Watson, leave him in. Dude is replaceable...
Webb was in when I started watching. All I caught was Miller carted off a few plays before that. Thank you for your input though. You’re probably very fun as a coworker, friend, colleague and husband.

If the Texans were smart, they would make a trade for AP (bring him back home) and Trent Williams for Clowney and some picks for the Redskins. 

Coleman just danced and ran straight into a pile. 

Garapolo just put some nice zip on that pass for 18, but it was thrown a little behind. 

JimmyG moving well. 

JimmyG stood tall against the blitz, finds Goodwin on an out route for.a 1st on 3rd and long. 

Seems y’all were putting a fork in JimmyG a little early there. He looks sharp. 

Niners can’t run the ball. Not sure yet if that’s a great KC run D or a bad SF line. 

Well that’s gonna cool down the Thompson talk a bit. Woof. Damian Williams just jumped back into the 2nd round in my local league who are all watching this. :doh:  

Garapolo looks fantastic - first a touch pass floater over the defense to Pettis for a first down then a pass to deebo across the middle, followed by a deep ball to James on a line, and now a Breida TD on a gorgeous pass. Wow. 

Lol NP . Michael Thomas was discussed right before your post so wanted to make sure...draft tomorrow morning.
Same - local IDP. I’m super excited. :excited:

DWill moving up my draft board rapidly. 

Sammy Watkins running / looking better than he’s looked in years. He might have a monster season for his ADP. 

Users who are viewing this thread