What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Presidential Debate Thread - Obama vs. Romney (3 Viewers)

Since tonight's debate deals with the economy, I am hoping that the 16 trillion dollar debt is addressed, since it is, IMO, the one issue which overwhelms all the others. If I were asking the questions, I would ask:

Obama: How does repealing the Bush tax cuts only on the top 5-10% make any dent whatsoever in the debt? You stated last summer that you would agree to spending cuts to entitlements in exchange for tax increases- what specific spending cuts to entitlements would you approve of? Why did you reject Bowles-Simpson, and what is your proposed alternative?
"Well, timschochet, I'm glad you asked me that question about THING X the debt. THING X The debt is one of the biggest questions facing our country today. In the plans I've outlined for THING X the debt, I think we need to buckle down and focus on eliminating the spending in our budget that doesn't work, and strengthening the things that do. We need to review everything about THING X the debt and really determine where we can make it better."
Romney: How will cutting taxes and increasing defense spending reduce the debt? You and Ryan have stated that the tax cuts will be offset by removing loopholes. What specific loopholes do you intend to remove?
"Well, timschochet, I'm glad you asked me that question about THING X the debt. THING X The debt is one of the biggest problems created by the Obama administration. In the plans I've outlined for THING X the debt, my administration would buckle down and focus on eliminating the spending in our budget that doesn't work, and strengthening the things that do. We need to review everything about THING X the debt and really determine where we can make it better."
I would also ask both candidates if they believe in man-made global warming, and what they propose to do about it.

I would also ask both candidates what specific plans they have to wean this nation off of petroleum, and how long that will take.

I hope all these questions get asked tonight.
"Well, timschochet, I'm glad you asked me that question about THING X energy independence. THING X Energy independence is one of the biggest questions facing our country today. In the plans I've outlined for THING X energy independence, I think we need to buckle down and focus on making THING X energy independence a priority for our great nation."
Nicely done. I hope you are wrong, but fear you are right.

So what words and phrases should be in the debate drinking game?

"Apologize for America"

"Balanced Approach"

"Free Enterprise"

Some combination of "built that"

they still doing this?

I'm a republican supporter, but I'm not wasting my time even bothering to vote in this... i'll show up to the poll for other stuff, but i'll skip the presidential part..

it's over.

4 more years.

Romney should save his money and time

So what words and phrases should be in the debate drinking game? "Apologize for America""Balanced Approach""Free Enterprise"Some combination of "built that"
"Fair Share" .. So abused already that the guy on the right never gets back up :suds:

This debate needs Gary Johnson to spice things up with some pot decriminalization discussion. But you nerds would rather endlessly hash over these two suits' eye contact and body language.

This debate needs Gary Johnson to spice things up with some pot decriminalization discussion. But you nerds would rather endlessly hash over these two suits' eye contact and body language.
This nerd is all for some GJ to spice things up. I might actually watch.

If Romney just throws zingers all night I think that plays into the stiff old white guy thing. My grandfather uses "zingers" and does that little weird thing with his arms. He's a Romney voter.

I hear these are the first 2 questions:

Governor Romney, why are you a racist?

Mr. President, what is your favorite color?

this is going to be big boy politics tonight fellas. Does Obama have the stones to stand & fight because Mitt's going to be bringing it. If so this could be Hagler/Hearns. Not for the faint of heart or sissies. Should be a lot of fun!
Please shoot me if I ever get like this.
you've been hassling , bordering on istalking me for about a year now. Enough is enough.
I've been hassling all the ridiculous partisans. You're nobody special.
listen up , I'll talk with the "powers that be" about your perverse fixation with me if your behavior doesn't change
No one likes a narc. What are you a fourth grader?

So what words and phrases should be in the debate drinking game? "Apologize for America""Balanced Approach""Free Enterprise"Some combination of "built that"
"manufacturing jobs""availability of capital"and the winner..."job creator" or "Job creation"

this is going to be big boy politics tonight fellas. Does Obama have the stones to stand & fight because Mitt's going to be bringing it. If so this could be Hagler/Hearns. Not for the faint of heart or sissies. Should be a lot of fun!
you've been hassling , bordering on istalking me for about a year now. Enough is enough.
listen up , I'll talk with the "powers that be" about your perverse fixation with me if your behavior doesn't change
watch it goggins

Not sure if I'll watch. We already know Mitt has some prepared "zingers" IMO these will make the base happy but turn off everyone else. Especially now that it's known he has been practicing them for two months. In fact if he does use one I am leaning toward it biting him in the butt over the long haul. We also know Romney's handlers have been trying to teach him empathy. So again being revealed before the debate deflates it's effectiveness.

Obama is truly not that good in debate settings. I expect him to have a very safe debate. He is leading, he is the incumbent, no reason to take chances or get off script. We won't see Obama get into it until the Town Hall where he does really well and Mitt not so much. Still even that will be sanitized of as many possible unscripted moments as they can squeeze out.

So I am tepid on the whole thing. I am looking forward to Biden and Ryan though. There might actually be some fun to be had there. Between Joe's gaffes and Ryan's thin skin there could certainly be some moments.
Teaching "empathy" to Mitt is like teaching Obama how to spend money. Mitt's empathy isn't up for debate and shouldn't even be in the conversation. Mitt is a deeply religious man who went on a years long service to Europe and donates many hours of his own time each year to church & congregation, without being paid. There are many people who have come forward to tell their story about Mitt's empathy. It's just the "unbiased" MSM refuses to air them and rather attack Mitt on bogus claims and supposed gaffes, designed to distract people from the economy & portray Mitt as out of touch.There were two stories told at the RNC. There were stories uncovered by Glenn Beck (utube Glenn Beck & "Who is Mitt Romney"). How about the story about Mitt shutting down Bain Capital and paying to have everyone go to New York to locate and find a coworker's missing daughter. How about when he paid for the Boston VA hospital's milk money for two years, anonymously. Like Ann mentioned in her RNC speech, Mitt goes out of his way to keep them quiet Because he considers his time for service & his donations a privilege. These are only some of the stories.

He also donated his father's entire inheritance to BYU, and his entire Olympics salary/severance. As Mass Governor he donated his entire salary and his own money to start & fund the Abigail Adams Scholarship. It gives free state school tuition to top 25% of students in each Mass school. He's on record for saying he will donate his entire Presidential salary if elected. He voluntarily turned down enrolling in Medicare when he turned 65 on March 12, 2012, and chose NOT to receive any Social Security payments. He knows he can take care of himself and therefore shouldn't rely on our tax dollars to help fund his daily living. He's dedicated his life to his family, this country and it's people. It's part of his belief system & principles.

In fact, Mitt can be too nice of a guy and needs to start putting on the gloves. In fact, I would like to see LESS empathy from Mitt. If anyone needs empathy lessons...it's Obama. The fact that Dinesh D'Souza (2016 movie) had to give $1k to Obama's nephew for surgery is proof of that. Perhaps his estranged aunt & uncle living on the streets of America might agree with me. However, I'm sure that Ayers, Rev. Wright, & the Muslim Brotherhood are just fine with Obama's lack of empathy. Like the polls in this country, many on the left don't know the Real Mitt or the real fake Obama.

Not sure if I'll watch. We already know Mitt has some prepared "zingers" IMO these will make the base happy but turn off everyone else. Especially now that it's known he has been practicing them for two months. In fact if he does use one I am leaning toward it biting him in the butt over the long haul. We also know Romney's handlers have been trying to teach him empathy. So again being revealed before the debate deflates it's effectiveness.

Obama is truly not that good in debate settings. I expect him to have a very safe debate. He is leading, he is the incumbent, no reason to take chances or get off script. We won't see Obama get into it until the Town Hall where he does really well and Mitt not so much. Still even that will be sanitized of as many possible unscripted moments as they can squeeze out.

So I am tepid on the whole thing. I am looking forward to Biden and Ryan though. There might actually be some fun to be had there. Between Joe's gaffes and Ryan's thin skin there could certainly be some moments.
Teaching "empathy" to Mitt is like teaching Obama how to spend money. Mitt's empathy isn't up for debate and shouldn't even be in the conversation. Mitt is a deeply religious man who went on a years long service to Europe and donates many hours of his own time each year to church & congregation, without being paid. There are many people who have come forward to tell their story about Mitt's empathy. It's just the "unbiased" MSM refuses to air them and rather attack Mitt on bogus claims and supposed gaffes, designed to distract people from the economy & portray Mitt as out of touch.There were two stories told at the RNC. There were stories uncovered by Glenn Beck (utube Glenn Beck & "Who is Mitt Romney"). How about the story about Mitt shutting down Bain Capital and paying to have everyone go to New York to locate and find a coworker's missing daughter. How about when he paid for the Boston VA hospital's milk money for two years, anonymously. Like Ann mentioned in her RNC speech, Mitt goes out of his way to keep them quiet Because he considers his time for service & his donations a privilege. These are only some of the stories.

He also donated his father's entire inheritance to BYU, and his entire Olympics salary/severance. As Mass Governor he donated his entire salary and his own money to start & fund the Abigail Adams Scholarship. It gives free state school tuition to top 25% of students in each Mass school. He's on record for saying he will donate his entire Presidential salary if elected. He voluntarily turned down enrolling in Medicare when he turned 65 on March 12, 2012, and chose NOT to receive any Social Security payments. He knows he can take care of himself and therefore shouldn't rely on our tax dollars to help fund his daily living. He's dedicated his life to his family, this country and it's people. It's part of his belief system & principles.

In fact, Mitt can be too nice of a guy and needs to start putting on the gloves. In fact, I would like to see LESS empathy from Mitt. If anyone needs empathy lessons...it's Obama. The fact that Dinesh D'Souza (2016 movie) had to give $1k to Obama's nephew for surgery is proof of that. Perhaps his estranged aunt & uncle living on the streets of America might agree with me. However, I'm sure that Ayers, Rev. Wright, & the Muslim Brotherhood are just fine with Obama's lack of empathy. Like the polls in this country, many on the left don't know the Real Mitt or the real fake Obama.
:goodposting: especially the bolded.Have there been any stories from people who worked with him or for him that are negative? Seems like across the board he has been well liked by anyone that knows him.

watch it goggins
Please dont tell on me.

watch it goggins
Please dont tell on me.
Don't make me bust out my FavreCo alias

This debate, the first debate, will be watched by 50-60 million Americans. The viewing audience for the other two debates, and the VP debate, goes wayyyy down. Given the increase in early voting, that means tonight is really Romney's last chance. He has to pick up 3-5 percentage points in Florida, Ohio, and the other swings. This is it.

:goodposting: especially the bolded.Have there been any stories from people who worked with him or for him that are negative? Seems like across the board he has been well liked by anyone that knows him.
By worked with him do you mean fired by him or had their job outsourced?

This debate, the first debate, will be watched by 50-60 million Americans. The viewing audience for the other two debates, and the VP debate, goes wayyyy down. Given the increase in early voting, that means tonight is really Romney's last chance. He has to pick up 3-5 percentage points in Florida, Ohio, and the other swings. This is it.
another turning point?

By worked with him do you mean fired by him or had their job outsourced?
If they actually knew him...yes. Link?

another turning point?
I doubt it. But if it's going to happen, this is the last shot.

Empathy is not donating to your religions university. Empathy is not giving someone a partial scholarship that doesn't cover fees which means the recipient foots 80% of the bill anyway. Oh and it isn't needs tested so my guess is the people getting it probably don't always need it that bad. And a guy who is worth north of 250 million not taking SS or Medicare isn't very empathetic either. I will give him the big manhunt. That was very good of him. It showed that he had some decency. It's too bad the Tea Party has pushed that Mitt out of the picture.

Mitt's empathy isn't up for debate
False.
utube Glenn Beck
lol, no.
How about when he paid for the Boston VA hospital's milk money for two years, anonymously.
Not sure you know what anonymously means.
snip out everything else about how he donates money, or does stuff without getting paid for it
He's a multimillionaire. It's not exactly earth-shattering that he donates large sums of money or volunteers his time without being paid for it. Besides, none of that is directly related to empathy. He has repeatedly demonstrated a lack of empathy that is turning off a lot of people who might otherwise vote for him. I was going to vote for Obama anyway, but I'm fairly moderate, and a lot of people I know are truly independent, and many of them would scoff at the notion that Romney is the one of these two candidates that better demonstrates empathy. :shrug:

watch it goggins
Please dont tell on me.
Don't make me bust out my FavreCo alias
I am frightened by your obvious tattling and alias powers.

Users who are viewing this thread