What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Preston Brown (1 Viewer)

I don't know what to do with him. I had Kiko Alonso last year, and he was awesome, so I hoped for the same, maybe even be as good as Alonso, but I don't know anymore.
Spikes was MLB

Only 20 rushing attempts by DET,3 by Stafford so tackle opportunity could be depressed.

15 solo tackles and two assists from the DL

Started as SLB (reported before the game by Roto IIRC)

Those are the reasons I could find off hand from the stats. But what that means going forward I don't know

Last edited by a moderator:
Since it seems like the members on here are really good at finding stats like where people start before the game and snap counts that I'm not able to easily find (I would appreciate some links if it's possible), I'd like to throw out some names of linebackers who did well this week and see what people think: jacquain Williams, David Lansanah, Prince Shembo, James Michael-Johnson, and Avery Williamson.

The Admiral said:
I got burned by him too, and I was under the assumption that, with Brandham injured, he'd be primed for a good start, but 8 points is terrible for a lb. is he even worth keeping on my roster?
8pts ? Does your league give points for sucking? I got 2.5

The Admiral said:
Since it seems like the members on here are really good at finding stats like where people start before the game and snap counts that I'm not able to easily find (I would appreciate some links if it's possible), I'd like to throw out some names of linebackers who did well this week and see what people think: jacquain Williams, David Lansanah, Prince Shembo, James Michael-Johnson, and Avery Williamson.
Not sure what David Lansanah story is but he is 29 years old, came into the NFL in 2008, was gone until 2013 and never recorded a stat until this season 2014 ?

The Admiral said:
I got burned by him too, and I was under the assumption that, with Brandham injured, he'd be primed for a good start, but 8 points is terrible for a lb. is he even worth keeping on my roster?
8pts ? Does your league give points for sucking? I got 2.5
Same here. 2.5. I watched the Rewind and he was on the field the entire game except 1 play I couldn't find him...the opportunity is there. I'll carry the torch through this season and see where he's at next year after Alonso gets back.

Brown and Bradham are available (dropped at bye week). Who is the guy to own for the rest of the year? Brown has played 100% of the snaps in the last two, so that's where I'm leaning.

First look at Brown this season tonight.

Is every game like this? He looks slow. Slower than last year and he wasn't that fast then.

MAC_32 said:
First look at Brown this season tonight.

Is every game like this? He looks slow. Slower than last year and he wasn't that fast then.
I agree. I wasn't impressed at all. Thankfully, I won't need him after this week. I'll just keep him as an injury backup, or drop him if someone else starts to impress.

What are u guys seeing this year for Brown? Should be an every down inside backer in Ryan's 3-4

Jene recetly stated in his linebacker tier article that Preston was more likely to be in the less attractive ILB spot than in the attractive one

He also played 16 special teams snaps last week. He's on the field a LOT.

I'm confident he'll be able to rack up some stats.

Miami hasn't given a lot of tackles this year to opposing teams, so I really want to see what he does this week. Can he produce even when there aren't as many opportunities? Either way, I think he's only going to get better as the year goes on and he gets more comfortable in Ryan's system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread