What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Promo Offer Ends 8/31 - DRAFT.COM site with free subscription to FBG heads up (1 Viewer)

matuski

Footballguy
Be careful here.  Very un-intuitive. 

You enter the big contest draft and it happens RIGHT THEN.  I wasn't prepared for this.  I just clicked the banner and entered.. and off it went.  I didn't really have time for that, nor would I by choice draft in July.

Aside from that surprise, the site crashed 3 times on me and I ended up with auto picks I would never have taken.  I STILL can't find what the scoring is.  The Rules and Scoring link is amazingly missing the ... scoring.

Overall a pretty sub-standard experience versus any of the other DFS (or non DFS) sites.  

Just an FYI.  I'd ask for my money back or a chance to draft later, but whatever.  Paid my FBG sub I guess.  

Joe Edit - Added that this closes 8/31.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven’t paid for a subscription for a while for reasons I’ve disclosed elsewhere.  I almost caved in for this deal - until hearing this.  Reading this has only soured me even more on purchasing a subscription.  Don’t you think you’d want to know who you’re partnering with before you go all in?

It was tough to find all the settings, but I was able to do so before committing any $ to a specific contest.  And my FBG subscription showed up within minutes.

Thanks. We always want to know how people are experiencing things. @matuski

What exact banner or link are you clicking on and where are you seeing it? 

Clicking on this banner on the website should take you to DRAFT.com and if you're a new customer, you can deposit $10 and get a free Season Long Pro Subscription.

https://imgur.com/a/kapVr16

There is no contest entry or anything at all. You can sit on the $10 deposit forever if you like.  You get a free Footballguys Season Long Insider subscription this way. No contest entry whatsover. 

And there is zero "got me" from FBG.

Was the banner on the DRAFT site @matuski ?

Can you give a link for exactly what you're talking about?

Thanks. We always want to know how people are experiencing things. @matuski

What exact banner or link are you clicking on and where are you seeing it? 
Upper left, which brings up this.

I was trying to hold a spot in the contest.  You hit "enter" and the draft starts right then and there.. I hadn't been on the site more than 30 seconds (maybe 10 seconds).

Also - I still can't find the scoring for this contest.  Notice the "Rules and Scoring" button on the lower left of the second link?  Yea.. no scoring.  So I did a draft I wasn't wanting/ready to do with scoring that is still a complete mystery to me.  Is it PPR, is it standard, is it .5 PPR, is there performance bonuses?  No idea.

And there is zero "got me" from FBG.

Was the banner on the DRAFT site @matuski ?

Can you give a link for exactly what you're talking about?
@Joe Bryant

I retract the got me statement.. I have no doubt and have been here long enough to know you aren't about that.  I also doubt that is intentional from DRAFT.COM either.. just not done well.

My apologies.  Just frustrated.  Deleted.

@Joe Bryant

I retract the got me statement.. I have no doubt and have been here long enough to know you aren't about that.  I also doubt that is intentional from DRAFT.COM either.. just not done well.

My apologies.  Just frustrated.
Thanks. I understand. I wanted to make sure it wasn't something we were doing. 

I agree it should be more clear on the DRAFT.com site that the draft starts then. I'll pass that along to the guys at DRAFT. Thanks.

Thanks. I understand. I wanted to make sure it wasn't something we were doing. 

I agree it should be more clear on the DRAFT.com site that the draft starts then. I'll pass that along to the guys at DRAFT. Thanks.
Also let me know what the scoring was as well. :lol:

the site crashes a lot during drafts. People were auto-picking some questionable players, then when it was my turn I couldn't draft who I wanted - you would click on the player and his profile would pop up but when you hit 'Draft' nothing happen. To get your guy you would have to put him the queue and wait for the timer to run out.

Clicking on this banner on the website should take you to DRAFT.com and if you're a new customer, you can deposit $10 and get a free Season Long Pro Subscription.

https://imgur.com/a/kapVr16

There is no contest entry or anything at all. You can sit on the $10 deposit forever if you like.  You get a free Footballguys Season Long Insider subscription this way. No contest entry whatsover. 
FWIW this is what I did and it was easy peasy.

I get some of the frustration. I signed up for one of those drafts early in my DRAFT experience as well. I kind of assumed it would be a slow draft, so was surprised that it was a fast draft and wasn't prepared to draft right then and there either. I figured it was my fault for not paying close enough attention when I signed up.

FWIW, they have two types of best-ball football drafts. One is a fast draft that kicks off as soon as it's filled with a 30-second clock per pick. Those drafts are done in a little over an hour. The other is a slow draft that also starts when it fills but gives each owner 8 hours per pick with added time overnight. So, those drafts take over a week to finish typically.

I've mainly stuck with the slow drafts and have not had any issues. App works great and gives you a notification whenver you are up.

IMO, the 30-second clock is a bit too fast for the fast drafts and often leads to some frustration and auto-picks along the way. the website/app lags a bit at times so it can't seem to keep up with the 30-second deadline. key is to plan ahead and slot players in your queue so even if it does auto-pick for you, you'll get someone you like.

I had no trouble signing up and the FBG subscription was added to my account right away.

I don't like the interface when drafting. Thought I would do a slow draft first to get used to how it works.

Just click on the player you want to draft,hit "draft". So far no issues there but I can't find a "draft board" or

any place where the picks are shown in order. I have to keep clicking on the individual teams to see who was drafted in order to keep track of drafted players.

So far that's my only gripe.

IMO, the 30-second clock is a bit too fast for the fast drafts and often leads to some frustration and auto-picks along the way. the website/app lags a bit at times so it can't seem to keep up with the 30-second deadline. key is to plan ahead and slot players in your queue so even if it does auto-pick for you, you'll get someone you like.
Agreed - think 45 seconds is more appropriate.

I get some of the frustration. I signed up for one of those drafts early in my DRAFT experience as well. I kind of assumed it would be a slow draft, so was surprised that it was a fast draft and wasn't prepared to draft right then and there either. I figured it was my fault for not paying close enough attention when I signed up.

FWIW, they have two types of best-ball football drafts. One is a fast draft that kicks off as soon as it's filled with a 30-second clock per pick. Those drafts are done in a little over an hour. The other is a slow draft that also starts when it fills but gives each owner 8 hours per pick with added time overnight. So, those drafts take over a week to finish typically.

I've mainly stuck with the slow drafts and have not had any issues. App works great and gives you a notification whenver you are up.

The 30 seconds didn't help.. primarily my issue was the complete blindside that it would start when I hit enter, compounded by the fact I STILL CANNOT FIND THE SCORING.  The Big Best Ball contest.  I have a team drafted, not 100% by my own hand... and I have no idea what kind of game I am playing.  :lmao:  

The banner showed a limited number of entries so I clicked "enter" to hold my spot.  Woops.  The screen popped up and before I could even get my head around it.. I was drafting #3.

Also screwed myself once when I was clicking the stars by players.  I was trying to notate and save my sleepers.  Apparently clicking the star ques them to be drafted.  Oops.. drafted Sproles in the mid rounds.  Was a complete fuster cluck.  :lol:

The 30 seconds didn't help.. primarily my issue was the complete blindside that it would start when I hit enter, compounded by the fact I STILL CANNOT FIND THE SCORING.  The Big Best Ball contest.  I have a team drafted, not 100% by my own hand... and I have no idea what kind of game I am playing.  :lmao:  

The banner showed a limited number of entries so I clicked "enter" to hold my spot.  Woops.  The screen popped up and before I could even get my head around it.. I was drafting #3.
there's a link that says "Rules & Scoring", which takes you to this page: https://draft.com/rules/

on the left, you can click on the specific sport. NFL Best Ball rules are here: https://draft.com/rules/nfl/best-ball/

says scoring is same as weekly NFL and takes you here: https://draft.com/rules/nfl/#scoring

I agree that did seem a bit convoluted to track down.

sounds like maybe you were the 12th team to enter your league so it filled immediately.

How do I get the “free upgrade to all pro”? 
When you play through $10 worth of DRAFT games, you will automatically be upgraded to the All Pro. It normally takes about 48 hours for DRAFT to process the upgrade. If you don't see it by then, please contact support@draft.com   Thanks.

I get a message that says I can't play draft.com for money from my current location. Won't let me deposit. 

???? 

Joe, I have a question that is a curiosity for me. If the answer is that it’s none of my business, that’s fine.  I’m honestly not asking to be antagonistic but rather am just wondering.

Your base of FFers here provides a rich universe of potential customers to sites like Draft, Draft Kings, and all the other daily sites.  I assume you partner with them with a deal in place that compensates FBGs with a greater compensation than the subscription costs your regular customers.  That’s fine - it’s business and you are providing people here with a potential significant savings over the regular price, which is a win-win for FBGs and its customers.  The daily service is looking for a rich base of potential predisposed customers that they can hook for much more than the initial investment and we’ve all seen the services offer up substantial “deals” where they will match deposits up to a certain amount that can be much higher than the subscription fee here - which again is good business for them and coerces no one.  Nothing wrong with that.

That said, I’m wondering how thoroughly you vet the service that you enter into business with, with the thought being that you are protecting people here from entering into an agreement with a daily service that runs their business below the standards with which you run your business here.  Do you get to check their liquid resources to insure that they can pay winners?  Do you require any kind of bond in exchange for promoting their business?  Can you ( or do they let you) verify that they don’t run bots so as not the defraud customers thinking they are entering an honest game?  Do you subscribe to their service yourself ahead of time - presuming the position of a typical FBG - to see if the service is well run, user friendly, and is clear, utile, and open to their typical customer?

The reason I’m asking is because of some of the posts above that make this daily service seem a bit shaky from a user standpoint, and that a bad experience for a lot of FBGs at the daily site could negatively impact your business  here in a very significant manner.  

I know how hard you’ve worked to build your brand over multiple decades (very commendably I might add) and am wondering how much effort is put into due diligence by you to insure that your brand is not damaged by a business partner over whom you have (I assume) very little to no control.  I’m sure there are others here who might be wondering the same thing I am, but again if it is none of my business I would not be offended in the least if that’s your response.

Hey, @matuski. I had started on this late last week and it went up on the site today. I'm afraid I didn't move quickly enough to help you out, but I think it would have spared you some of the frustration new DRAFT users sometimes experience if you could have read this first.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=2018-what-can-i-do-with-my-10-dollar-draft-deposit

If there is any other way I can help, don't hesitate to reach out to me or any of the staff here. I know @Joe Bryant is happy to help also. 

Good luck this year and thanks for renewing your subscription!

I have to say it's the worst fantasy draft site I've played on so far. There is no "in order" listing of draft picks. Only current team rosters are shown,individually,with no draft position for the players. There is no mechanism to put drafters on "autopick" if they time out. One slow draft I'm in the owner in the 12 hole timed out at pick 1.12,then drafted 6 hours later at 2.1,then timed out at pick 3.12 and is currently down to 3 hours at pick 4.1,totally putting a stop to the draft. I e-mailed customer support and was told there is currently nothing to be done about the situation. They did respond quickly and apologize for the inconvenience. Good customer service,bad interface in the draft room.

I get a message that says I can't play draft.com for money from my current location. Won't let me deposit. 

???? 
I am getting the same message. Is the a code that people can use on footballguys.com so those who cannot deposit with draft.com can get the $10 promotion?

It's open ended right now. But I've been telling people to jump on it before we load them up with too many people and they want to dial back the deal. It's a fantastic offer. 
If I've got an account on Draft, but have never deposited any money, can I get the deal if I deposit $10? Or do I need to create a new account with a different email?

If I've got an account on Draft, but have never deposited any money, can I get the deal if I deposit $10? Or do I need to create a new account with a different email?
Sorry but it's only for new people to DRAFT. It can't be just a new email. 

I am getting the same message. Is the a code that people can use on footballguys.com so those who cannot deposit with draft.com can get the $10 promotion?
I'm sorry but the promotion is only available to new DRAFT customers. And there are some states where DRAFT isn't available. Sorry. 

Users who are viewing this thread