What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Putting together Halloween "buckets" for kids in my neighborhood. Need non candy suggestions. (1 Viewer)

AndrewClark

Footballguy
I live in an inner city neighborhood and want to put together buckets (with some candy) for all my neighbors' kids. I have no children, but I want to be a part of their halloween during their covid craziness 

Beyond candy stuff, is there anything on the learning front I can add? Amazon links are better. I just want the kids here to have a good Halloween since trick or treating is cancelled. 

Coloring books. 

Etc.... 

There are 5 kids.. 

The kids are all 2 to 7 years old. I like leaning toys more. I have plenty of amazon points so we don't need to follow a budget. 

There are 2 girls and the 5 boys are from 5 to 7 

Last edited by a moderator:
You can buy a Duncan yo-yo for under 5 bucks. Etch a Sketch Is an affordable toy that can bring out the artist in a kid. 

Sidewalk chalk has lots of uses from artistic to hopscotch designs.  Jump ropes never seem to go out of style.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leroy Hoard said:
You can buy a Duncan yo-yo for under 5 bucks. Etch a Sketch Is an affordable toy that can bring out the artist in a kid. 

Sidewalk chalk has lots of uses from artistic to hopscotch designs.  Jump ropes never seem to go out of style.
Good stuff. Thanks Leroy 

So far I ordered 5 sidewalk chalk as suggested by Leroy. 3 boys Lego kits and 2 for girls. Cool Halloween bags and some weird Thanksgiving art w stickers so they can decorate.

Yoyos are next. Is there a "cool" candy? I feel like I've done enough to now to just fill the bags w candy. 

Also... Legos are frigging expensive. 

Leroy Hoard said:

You are spot on here.  Might go for old school games like marbles, jacks, slinky, frisbee. Silly putty, bubbles, stencils to trace, pencils and erasers.  

Think about how a kid from 1960s would play. 

Users who are viewing this thread