What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Cooper Rush, DAL (1 Viewer)

Truebluey

Footballguy
Can't find any info on him here.

Is he decent at least? If he starts tomorrow, is it worth starting any Dallas WRs or will it be a train wreck as it was with Dalton last year?

Last edited by a moderator:
This might be the biggest QB downgrade east of Seattle. That is probably a similar expectation into how it will effect the WR's, but with an even bigger drop off, as Geno is at least competent, though very below average.  I'd personally view Lamb and Cooper as low-end WR3 plays, and Schultz as probably a TE2 with Rush. 

If Dak is out, I think it has the ripple effect, of making Dalvin Cook easily the most likely RB1 overall this week, and probably hurts the Vikings passing game a but, at least volume wise. This could be a pretty easy win for Minnesota. 

Dallas would kill for Dalton right now.

This might be the biggest QB downgrade east of Seattle. That is probably a similar expectation into how it will effect the WR's, but with an even bigger drop off, as Geno is at least competent, though very below average.  I'd personally view Lamb and Cooper as low-end WR3 plays, and Schultz as probably a TE2 with Rush. 

If Dak is out, I think it has the ripple effect, of making Dalvin Cook easily the most likely RB1 overall this week, and probably hurts the Vikings passing game a but, at least volume wise. This could be a pretty easy win for Minnesota. 

So you are pretty much benching CeeDee and Cooper if Dak is out?

I'll be starting him if Dak is out, I have no choice with Carr as my backup and in a 16 team league, there is not a single starting QB available.

Rush took all the 1st team snaps at practice this week

The oline is healthy, I pray they start Collins at LG

The running game has been solid

Kellen Moore is having a really good season so far

I think you’re dead wrong about Dallas wishing they still had Dalton 

Rush took all the 1st team snaps at practice this week

The oline is healthy, I pray they start Collins at LG

The running game has been solid

Kellen Moore is having a really good season so far

I think you’re dead wrong about Dallas wishing they still had Dalton 
I don't see how any of those first 4 sentences have anything to do with the 5th one. 

So you are pretty much benching CeeDee and Cooper if Dak is out?
I'm looking to sit them if I have anything else worthwhile. Somebody in the Marvin Jones range would be ahead of them in my eyes. 

Proud of the kid. 
Only outshined today by some kid named Mike White, we got to be extremely pleased with Coop. This guy stood strong and took some hits but never quit. Give me this guy over all the other starting QBs in the NFC East. He’s got some guts for sure.

Cooper Rush completed 24-of-40 passes for 325 yards with two touchdowns and an interception on the Cowboys' Week 8 win over the Vikings.

Rush made his first career start with Dak Prescott inactive. He struggled to move the offense in the first-half before throwing a pair of touchdowns, including the go-ahead TD to Amari Cooper with under a minute remaining. Rush played better than expected, though the Cowboys' receivers saved him on a few throws. Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said it was a "very close decision" to hold out Prescott. This will likely end as a one game spot-start for Rush, with Prescott on track to the lineup in Week 9.

Oct 31, 2021, 11:40 PM ET

Biggest win of the season for the Cowboys. Gambled and rested Dak to hopefully full health, and trusted that their defense plus ####ty Kirk Cousins + Zimmer would get them a win. They were right. 

And lastly, Rush made clutch plays. Although the most clutch play of the night had to be Zeke on that 3rd down. Beast. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Made some poor decisions over the middle as would be expected. But overall he had command of the huddle and playbook. That last pass to Cooper was perfectly placed. Good for the kid 

Cooper Rush completed 7-of-13 passes for 64 yards in Dallas' 19-3 Week 1 loss to Tampa Bay.​

He overthrew a deep pass at a wide open CeeDee Lamb, floated a deep ball at Semi Fehoko that hung in the air forever on one fourth down, and threw a two-yard pass on another fourth down. Well, that's the Cooper Rush experience, folks! Dallas will be in trouble if he has to play against the Bengals in Week 2.
Sep 11, 2022, 11:23 PM ET

Cowboys' Cooper Rush: Next man up with Prescot out.

Rush is expected to step in as Dallas' starting quarterback beginning with Sunday's game against the Bengals, as Dak Prescott is likely to miss 6-8 weeks after undergoing surgery Monday to address a fractured right hand, Todd Archer of ESPN.com reports.

Prescott exited in the fourth quarter of the Cowboys' season-opening 19-3 loss to Tampa Bay after suffering the injury when he struck the outstretched hand of Buccaneers defender Shaquil Barrett while attempting a pass. Rush stepped in to finish the contest, completing seven of 13 passes for 64 yards while taking two sacks. Once Prescott is officially placed on injured reserve in the coming days, Rush -- who was elevated from the practice squad Sunday -- is expected to be formally added to the 53-man roster. Will Grier is another candidate to be promoted from the practice squad to provide depth at QB, but during Prescott's absence, expect Dallas to look outside the organization to add at least one more quarterback to the 53-man roster or the practice squad to restore numbers at the position. Over 11 contests (one start) during his six-year NFL career, Rush has been a capable game manager with a 60.3 percent completion rate for 7.7 yards per attempt, three touchdowns and one interception, but he doesn't present much of a threat as a scrambler and is likely to preside over a run-heavy offense led by Ezekiel Elliott and Tony Pollard. Rush's fantasy appeal will be limited to two-quarterback and superflex formats, and he may be only a low-end lineup option even in those formats while he's serving as Dallas' starter.

At least he tried to throw the ball downfield after he came in. Could have some big plays and if your league doesn't penalize you too bad for picks, could be a decent play in superflex

At least he tried to throw the ball downfield after he came in. Could have some big plays and if your league doesn't penalize you too bad for picks, could be a decent play in superflex
I dunno, that read to me more like he didn’t have an extensive knowledge of the more intricate plays so they were just in playground “huck it up and pray” mode. Unclear as to whether that is default Rush or not.

I also feel like the blow of losing the game and Dak could be a big moral blow to DAL offense. Da lanes offense as a whole feels like the easy fade. In superflex id be looking elsewhere.

Cooper Rush completed 19-of-31 passes for 235 yards and a touchdown in the Cowboys' Week 2 win against the Bengals.​

Rush came out firing in an aggressive game plan from offensive coordinator Kellen Moore, connecting with Noah Brown three times in the first quarter, including Rush's lone touchdown on the day. Moore and the Cowboys then let up on the gas and cowardly tried to establish the run -- a strategy that nearly cost them the win despite the Bengals' offensive ineptitude. Rush looks to be a fine caretaker of the Dallas offense for the next month or so, while Dak Prescott heals from post-Week 1 thumb surgery. Rush peppered CeeDee Lamb with targets in this one -- a potentially good sign for Dallas' No. 1 wideout.
Sep 18, 2022, 8:29 PM ET

Cooper Rush completed 21-of-31 passes for 215 yards and one touchdown in the Cowboys' 23-16, Week 3 win over the Giants Monday night.​

All he does is win, as Rush is now 3-0 under center as the Cowboys' starter with Dak Prescott sidelined the last two seasons. Rush just doesn't make mistakes and knows where to go with the football. The offensive line gave him all the time in the world to throw in this one, and Rush's touchdown was a beautiful end-zone fade to CeeDee Lamb where Lamb made a sick one-handed catch for the score. Rush has completed 65.6% of his passes the last two weeks at 7.4 yards per attempt. Prescott is expected to remain sidelined for Week 4 against the Commanders. Rush is still a bottom-barrel fantasy option.
Sep 27, 2022, 12:03 AM ET

Cowboys head coach Mike McCarthy said the team is "preparing" for Cooper Rush to start in Week 6 against the Eagles.​

It looks like Rush will get another start while Dak Prescott comes back from a thumb injury he suffered in Week 1. Rush has operated as an offensive caretaker over the past four games, completing 61 percent of his passes for four touchdowns and no interceptions. He'll get a tough matchup this week against a Philadelphia defense that has allowed the ninth lowest success rate to opposing passers this season. Pro Football grades the Eagles pass rush as the sixth best in the NFL. CeeDee Lamb should be considered a high-floor WR2 option with Rush under center.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Oct 12, 2022, 12:23 PM ET

Cooper Rush completed 18-of-38 passes for 181 yards, one touchdown, and three interceptions in the Cowboys' 26-17 Week 6 loss to the Eagles.​

Rush looked shaky from the jump against the Eagles, whose pass rush and athletic secondary continually made things difficult for the backup quarterback. The three interceptions were his first of the season and most in a game in his NFL career. Rush once again targeted his top pass-catcher heavily, feeding CeeDee Lamb 10 targets through lockdown coverage in the come from behind effort. His only touchdown of the game came through a juke from rookie tight end Jake Ferguson, who caught a two-yard cross with a defender in his pocket and made an athletic move to plow into the end zone. This was likely Rush's final start before the team welcomes back franchise quarterback Dak Prescott, who was reportedly close to playing in Week 6 after working out on the field before the game.
Oct 17, 2022, 12:09 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread