What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Josh Rosen, MIN (1 Viewer)

I'm good with that.  I have two money problems - 1 I'm poor and 2 my brother's wedding is July 5th so I'm pretty tapped out at the moment.  You good with some sort of payment installment?  Anyone who doesn't make their payments forfeits kinda deal.

Also want to add - I agree with the whole no injury / benching / jailing / whatever changes the outcome, but I've always thought that incase of player death (God forbid) any one on one bets should be voided.
I’m fine with the death clause.

I would much prefer to just deposit the money and have someone hold it - the simpler the better.

I understand finances being tight. This is a message board and should be more about fun than stressing out over money. I’m good going down to a $100 bet instead if you’d prefer. 

What?

The Dolphins may not score 28 TDs this season.
28 Touchdowns for Rosen. That's a little under 2 per game but he can do it. I watched Mitch Trubisky throw for 6 touchdowns in one game. It's the modern NFL, everyone's a superstar.

Last edited by a moderator:
28 Touchdowns for Rosen. That's a little under 2 per game, but he can do it. I watched Mitch Trubisky throw for 6 touchdowns in one game. It's the modern NFL, everyone's a superstar.
Ok that makes more sense, but the flow of what you were writing made it seem like you were talkng about Ballege scoring 28 TDs.

I should have just gone with it.

"Ballage can definitely get to 28 Touchdowns. Who's he get Week 1? Baltimore? That's an easy 3 Touchdowns and 320 YFS. He'll probably only get 2 Touchdowns against New England but if they decide to run the Wildcat like he did in college, he might be able to pull a Ronnie Brown and throw for a couple."

I’m fine with the death clause.

I would much prefer to just deposit the money and have someone hold it - the simpler the better.

I understand finances being tight. This is a message board and should be more about fun than stressing out over money. I’m good going down to a $100 bet instead if you’d prefer. 
That I can do.  Anyone want to hold onto our cash for the next three years?

Dolphins assistant QBs coach Jerry Schuplinski said Josh Rosen and Ryan Fitzpatrick will split reps during OTAs.

"I think they’ll all be working in with similar guys and getting pretty much equal reps with everybody," Schuplinski said. "Then, eventually, we’ll just see how they develop and how they go. I think we’ll probably let the process come to us and see who is playing well." It would be a shock if Rosen is not handed the reins in what should be an evaluation season for the Dolphins, but coach Brian Flores has already said the sophomore will have to "earn" it.

SOURCE: Miami Herald

May 14, 2019, 10:49 AM ET

He's on my taxi this season. I'm expecting him to be starting next year and he'll be the #3 QB on my team. It's hard to see him flourish on these Dolphins but this is clearly a test of his mettle. 

In one of my leagues, where we do not get penalized for INTs, the "Miami QB" scored only 30 fantasy points less on the season than Dak Prescott, who is considered by many to be a low end QB1 heading into 2019 (he finished, I think, QB16 in this league last year)

Surely Rosen is better than a combination of Oswieler and Tannehill. Not to mention a coaching change with hopefully a better offensive scheme.

I am a Rosen owner, so full disclosure, but he is my QB3 so I don't really need him to be great. I think it is realistic to say Rosen can be a pretty solid QB2 this season. If he cannot out perform a combo of Tannehill and Oswieler, then it's safe to say he won't be a starter in 2020 and is not worth holding onto.

IMO Rosen is grossly undervalued; he seems to be valued as if he will bust and not out perform last season's QB stats in MIA. I think this presents a good opportunity to buy if you don't need him at all for 2019. He could be good value to flip down the road, and his value can't get any lower than it is currently, aside from being WW foder.

In one of my leagues, where we do not get penalized for INTs, the "Miami QB" scored only 30 fantasy points less on the season than Dak Prescott, who is considered by many to be a low end QB1 heading into 2019 (he finished, I think, QB16 in this league last year)
That's odd. Prescott had an extra 659 passing yards, 136 yards from scrimmage, and 4 total TDs than Tannehill+Osweiler. Which would typically be something like 65 fpts. In Anarchy leagues (which use TMQB) QB Dolphins was QB25 for the regular season.

That's odd. Prescott had an extra 659 passing yards, 136 yards from scrimmage, and 4 total TDs than Tannehill+Osweiler. Which would typically be something like 65 fpts. In Anarchy leagues (which use TMQB) QB Dolphins was QB25 for the regular season.
:shrug:

3309 =165.45

23 tds = 138

140 rush = 14

total= 317.45

Dak had 351.40

So I'm off by 4 points. 34 less.  doesnt seem right to me either when I look at the stats

ETA: I must have done something wrong, because if I just do the easy thing and add Tannehill and Osweiler I end up with 309.65, which is basically between Derek Carr and Keenum. So basically garbage. 

Rosen hopefully can pull out at least 2 fantasy points per game more than Tannehill and Osweiler did. Like I said, make or break year for him IMO. 

Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald feels Ryan Fitzpatrick has outperformed Josh Rosen through the early portion of OTAs.

Fitzpatrick has been a tad sharper in the early going, though Jackson concedes that Rosen has "also played well." New coach Brian Flores insists the starting job is up for grabs, though it would ultimately be a shock if Rosen, the tenth overall pick in last year's draft, wasn't under center for Week 1.

RELATED: 

Josh Rosen

SOURCE: Miami Herald

May 24, 2019, 3:10 PM ET

Got offered a 2nd round pick for Rosen in a 10 team 2QB league yesterday.  Thought it was worth mentioning.  Problem is I really like Rosen so that's a no go from me.  

this is a pretty good intro to the QB situation there. Rosen sounds like he's getting up to speed and looks good in these OTAs. I'd be concerned if he was slow in adjusting but, 3 weeks in, he's making his case. Fitz is Fitz ultimately. he's going to be awesome for bursts but will flame out in time. i hope Rosen can reset after a shaky rookie year with AZ and take advantage of the opportunity. 

I got offered pick 19 for Rosen in a 1qb league. I'm intending to accept it if I get Murray at 11. The only reason I haven't accepted now is that it will reduce my chances of getting Murray, because it'll be more obvious I'm after him and I know the 2 picks behind me are both eying him.

Interesting article.  I'm sympathetic because I have also clashed with people in my career because I always need to know the "why" 
Been managing employees for 30 years, “why” guys don’t last long unless they bring much more to the table. Which is usually not the case.

Been managing employees for 30 years, “why” guys don’t last long unless they bring much more to the table. Which is usually not the case.
Luckily I have.  Jury is still out on Josh.  Has a strong arm, but does he have the mentality

In one of my leagues, where we do not get penalized for INTs, the "Miami QB" scored only 30 fantasy points less on the season than Dak Prescott, who is considered by many to be a low end QB1 heading into 2019 (he finished, I think, QB16 in this league last year).
This seems rather meaningless for a lot of reasons.

I got offered pick 19 for Rosen in a 1qb league. I'm intending to accept it if I get Murray at 11. The only reason I haven't accepted now is that it will reduce my chances of getting Murray, because it'll be more obvious I'm after him and I know the 2 picks behind me are both eying him.
Why would trading for Rosen make it more obvious you would want to draft Murray? And in a 1QB league it seems both moves (trading the pick and drafting Murray that high) aren’t all that great value anyway.

If you don’t have “why guys” your business/company never evolves.  You need to have people to question things or things never change. 

Edited to add... I work in the sciences and if you aren’t a “why guy” you don’t last long.  

Why would trading for Rosen make it more obvious you would want to draft Murray? And in a 1QB league it seems both moves (trading the pick and drafting Murray that high) aren’t all that great value anyway.
He would be trading Rosen away for pick 19.

I suppose that depends on the nature of the employee base, but I've found just the opposite in tech.  "why" guys are big picture people - they need to know how the aspect they are being exposed to affects the overall plan so they can contribute to it or mitigate failures.  They may need to learn to balance the education with production, but I wouldn't want employees that are just satisfied with pushing their buttons and clocking out on time.  Give me those hungry to learn and understand any day because once they do they prove invaluable.

Same at QB.  I can't imagine a QB that doesn't need to know as much as possible about what he's doing - I imagine it looks like Jay Cutler just going through the motions.  If a play is designed to isolate a poor coverage safety on a TE, you don't want your QB bailing on that read or checking down at the first sign of trouble.  If the play call is supposed to hit a certain gap but the defense aligns into a counter, you have to understand that play won't work and audible to something else.

I suppose that depends on the nature of the employee base, but I've found just the opposite in tech.  "why" guys are big picture people - they need to know how the aspect they are being exposed to affects the overall plan so they can contribute to it or mitigate failures.  They may need to learn to balance the education with production, but I wouldn't want employees that are just satisfied with pushing their buttons and clocking out on time.  Give me those hungry to learn and understand any day because once they do they prove invaluable.

Same at QB.  I can't imagine a QB that doesn't need to know as much as possible about what he's doing - I imagine it looks like Jay Cutler just going through the motions.  If a play is designed to isolate a poor coverage safety on a TE, you don't want your QB bailing on that read or checking down at the first sign of trouble.  If the play call is supposed to hit a certain gap but the defense aligns into a counter, you have to understand that play won't work and audible to something else.
I agree to a certain extent. But I also find that usually the people who “brag” about being “why” guys are also the ones who are just slow to pick things up that’s their crutch. 

I’m fine with people asking questions. But they better be contributing and coming up with some ideas too.

I'm guessing this time next year Rosen is not on my roster. I just see a scenario where hes traded again or Miami drafts a qb
I’m guessing he’s not going to be on very many rosters at all next year. People will start giving up around week 8 or 9 this year.

Users who are viewing this thread