What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Josh Rosen, MIN (3 Viewers)

I'm hoping he can learn a few things from Brady.  Mainly the attitude and mindset needed to be an NFL QB, and how to train and prepare - both during the off season and week-to-week.

49ers signed QB Josh Rosen off the Bucs' practice squad. 

The 49ers were in desperate need of a No. 2 quarterback for Saturday's game against the Cardinals, and COVID-19 protocols limited them to players that were already inside the league's roster ecosystem. Rosen has spent the entire year on the Bucs' taxi squad after failing to make the Dolphins at final cuts. To say his career has started off poorly would be an understatement, but a Kyle Shanahan-led offense would be a wonderful place to make his last stand if the Niners decide to keep him around after Week 17. 

RELATED: 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Dec 22, 2020, 5:21 PM ET

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports the 49ers will tender an offer to QB Josh Rosen.

The 49ers picked up Rosen off the Bucs practice squad last year while dealing with a myriad of injuries. He was active for two games but did not get any reps. He was an exclusive rights free agent meaning the 49ers got the first crack at signing him. The deal will become official at a later date. Rosen was selected with the No. 10 pick by Arizona but he flopped in spectacular fashion there and in Miami once again after being traded. He was subsequently released by the Dolphins. If the 49ers can capture some of the talent that landed Rosen in the first-round, he'll have an outside chance at cracking the 53-man roster at the end of the summer.

SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Feb 7, 2021, 9:33 AM ET

49ers re-signed Josh Rosen to a one-year, $840,000 contract.

Rosen was scheduled to become an exclusive rights free agent. He was active for two games upon being scooped off Tampa Bay's practice squad in late December but never received any reps. It's still possible he competes as Jimmy Garoppolo's direct backup, or at least forces the Niners to carry three quarterbacks into the 2021 regular season.

SOURCE: Nick Wagoner on Twitter

Feb 8, 2021, 4:53 PM ET

It’s weird. He can look sooooo good one play. A series even. Then he’ll throw the worst, most careless Int you’ve ever seen in your entire life. 
He wowed us on about 2 plays in his entire career in Miami.  He doesn't have pocket presence, can't read defenses, and his arm is erratic. Miami giving a late second round pick to the Cardinals, after his disastrous rookie season, was a major scouting mistake. 

SoBeDad said:
He wowed us on about 2 plays in his entire career in Miami.  He doesn't have pocket presence, can't read defenses, and his arm is erratic. Miami giving a late second round pick to the Cardinals, after his disastrous rookie season, was a major scouting mistake. 
He was reportedly better than that in Niners camp. There was even a little buzz building early on. Then he just kinda fell apart. 

He was reportedly better than that in Niners camp. There was even a little buzz building early on. Then he just kinda fell apart. 
The problem I have with Rosen is he was billed as a smart guy coming into the league, with a poor personality in the interviews. Now he gets released because he's complaining about not getting enough reps on what might be his last NFL team? Sounds like he may not even be all that smart to me.

Didn't seem like he got a legit shot in ARZ to me, but after awhile if you can't outright win a QB#3 job something is going on. Either with his talent or his attitude.

The problem I have with Rosen is he was billed as a smart guy coming into the league, with a poor personality in the interviews. Now he gets released because he's complaining about not getting enough reps on what might be his last NFL team? Sounds like he may not even be all that smart to me.

Didn't seem like he got a legit shot in ARZ to me, but after awhile if you can't outright win a QB#3 job something is going on. Either with his talent or his attitude.
Talent for sure. His attitude in Miami wasn't the problem. 1 td versus 5 ints was the problem.

How did both Arizona and Miami scouts get it so wrong. Chris Simms had Rosen 5th behind Jackson, Allen, Mayfield and Darnold.

I agree it doesn't add up.  There has to be some character issues here.  Cardinals were ecstatic to dump him.

the Rosen quotes will be epic, but here’s one immediately after the  draft. 

“There were 9 mistakes made ahead of me”
This was a mis-quote by the way.  What he actually said was "There were none mistakes made ahead of me" and obviously he was correct all along.

Stefon Diggs arrival made a world of difference.   Allen looks really good.
Diggs helped but a lot of credit goes to Allen.  Going from an inaccurate big arm passer to someone who is able to hit is man in stride is huge for any qb.  As someone who was down on him as much as anyone I give him all the props.

As for Rosen... When you're on your fourth team and barely clinging to the third string job, shut up, keep your head down, and especially don't complain to the media about your lack of snaps. For a smart guy he's really stupid.

Browns signed QB Josh Rosen, formerly of the Falcons.

Rosen was brought in for a workout earlier today, along with veteran quarterback A.J. McCarron. Rosen's workout appears to have impressed the Browns enough to give him an opportunity in camp as the team waits to learn the fate of Deshaun Watson. Any speculation that the Browns were interested in a trade for Jimmy Garoppolo can likely be put to bed at this point, as they now enter camp with Watson, Rosen, Jacoby Brissett and Joshua Dobbs on the roster. Barring a camp miracle from Rosen or Dobbs, Brissett should leave camp as the team's QB2 behind Watson.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Jul 21, 2022, 6:08 PM ET

My guess is that they were looking for a "camp arm" and figured they could get a good look at him for cheap.
Niners did the same thing in 2020.

He’s sort of been a career camp arm.

Arizona Cardinals (2018)

Miami Dolphins (2019)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2020)*

San Francisco 49ers (2020)

Atlanta Falcons (2021)

Cleveland Browns (2022–present)

I’m no math wizard, but I’m detecting a pattern here…

Users who are viewing this thread