What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Spike Interception (1 Viewer)

Not sure if this deserves its own thread. But I watched this play live and loved it.

Creativity on the defensive coordinators part?

A player just going rogue and getting creative?

I don’t know… but I will be excited to someday see the first QB spike interception!

Will we see more of this?

According to Carter when he was asked about it, he said he saw a YouTube video of a kid doing it in a high school game. So he tried it. Almost worked.

Not sure if this deserves its own thread. But I watched this play live and loved it.

Creativity on the defensive coordinators part?

A player just going rogue and getting creative?

I don’t know… but I will be excited to someday see the first QB spike interception!

Will we see more of this?

I love stuff like this. Then there will always be a group of people who insist that it's "not in the spirit of the game" or cheating, anytime someone has an outside-of-the-box idea that defies the way things are normally done.

I love stuff like this. Then there will always be a group of people who insist that it's "not in the spirit of the game" or cheating, anytime someone has an outside-of-the-box idea that defies the way things are normally done.
I don't see where anybody would say this is cheating or not in the spirit of the game. Is a fake spike cheating or not in the spirit of the game? This would be the same thing.

I don't see where anybody would say this is cheating or not in the spirit of the game. Is a fake spike cheating or not in the spirit of the game? This would be the same thing.
Maybe I'm more thinking of fantasy football "trick plays" ... which many frown upon, but I think of those just like these football trick plays. I remember, for instance, the uproar here about a guy in someone's league churning all the top free agents every week so no one could grab anybody. Sorry if that makes things frustrating, but he's exploiting the rules, or lack of rules. Everything he's doing is within the universe of the fantasy football platform rules (okay, okay, I guess to be fair, in leagues with a "general d-bag rule", that would probably apply here, but still I found it super clever). The intention of picking up a free agent is to keep the free agent, not just to keep him away from someone else. Says who? Okay trailing off into irrelevancy now .....

If Carter succeded on this, anyone complaining about it should just stop paying attention to competitive sports. I don't think anyone would have a problem with a QB faking the spike and then going deep; they'd say the D has an obligation to be ready. This would be no different; Mahomes has an obligation to not be nonchalant with spiking the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread