What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Question for The/A Dentist (1 Viewer)

Parmcat

Canada: Beer, Bacon and Beavers
OK...backstory...

Last summer I started having some problems with my lower left 1st molar. I was having an issue when I woke up, it felt like the tooth had raised up out of the socket. I would be able to tap it down when I got up, and nothing more as the day went on.

Then in October, the pain came in the tooth, and I needed a root canal. They had a lot of trouble freezing the tooth, and there was 3 canals that hurt like a ##### when they were filling them in with whatever they use. The next day, the pain was good, and the tooth seemed fine, and not lifting from the socket.

Two weeks ago, the tooth again started to lift from the socket when I woke in the morning. Then, the gum seemed to be infected (cheek side) and I had to go in to have the gum lanced, cleaned out, and stitched up. Finished antibiotics!

The tooth still is lifting from the socket every day again. I am afraid there is still an infection under the tooth, and I am going to have to have it extracted. The Xrays shows nothing right now, and no fractures appeared either.

Ideas?

I am brushing gently, and have chlorhexadine to rinse with right now.

Thanks

OK...backstory...

Last summer I started having some problems with my lower left 1st molar. I was having an issue when I woke up, it felt like the tooth had raised up out of the socket. I would be able to tap it down when I got up, and nothing more as the day went on.

Then in October, the pain came in the tooth, and I needed a root canal. They had a lot of trouble freezing the tooth, and there was 3 canals that hurt like a ##### when they were filling them in with whatever they use. The next day, the pain was good, and the tooth seemed fine, and not lifting from the socket.

Two weeks ago, the tooth again started to lift from the socket when I woke in the morning. Then, the gum seemed to be infected (cheek side) and I had to go in to have the gum lanced, cleaned out, and stitched up. Finished antibiotics!

The tooth still is lifting from the socket every day again. I am afraid there is still an infection under the tooth, and I am going to have to have it extracted. The Xrays shows nothing right now, and no fractures appeared either.

Ideas?

Thanks
I'm not a dentist, but I had a similar problem once. My wife thought I was crazy, but I kept complaining of my tooth being more elevated than the rest. It didn't hurt at the time, but my teeth not lining up properly was driving me insane. I finally had an infection under my gum like you did and went to the dentist. She said the infection was under the tooth. I had to have a root canal, but I haven't had problems since.

OK...backstory...

Ideas?

Thanks
I'm not a dentist, but I had a similar problem once. My wife thought I was crazy, but I kept complaining of my tooth being more elevated than the rest. It didn't hurt at the time, but my teeth not lining up properly was driving me insane. I finally had an infection under my gum like you did and went to the dentist. She said the infection was under the tooth. I had to have a root canal, but I haven't had problems since.
I had a similiar problem with my lower left rear molar. It elevated a bit and always felt hot, not stinging but a dull burning sensation. I couldnt afford a root canal and cap so I waited and dealt with it til I could afford one.

One day the tooth cracked in to several pieces biting in to some crispy bacon. Tooth was black inside and I had the rest of it pulled out

Now I have the same thing happening on my lower right rear molar. It started recently so I have some time to get a proper repair

The previous one nagged me for years

Tooth may be cracked and need extraction, or there could be an un-found canal... or it could just be that this tooth won't respond to endodontic (root canal) treatment - root canals are only 90% successful and while that sounds great it means 1/10 fail... which sucks for both the patient and the provider who is trying to do a great job for you.

Either way it definitely sounds like you have an infection that isn't healing well.

Users who are viewing this thread