What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Racist rancher,feds at a standoff.Drone strike looming! (1 Viewer)

‘Expect To See A Band Of Soldiers’: Militia Members Arrive At Nevada Ranch

The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that two militia members from Montana and one from Utah have arrived at Cliven Bundy’s ranch.
:lmao:
:goodposting: I bet it looked like the Normandy landing.

Actually it's nice to see militias involving themselves in helping scofflaws not pay money they owe the government. I'm looking forward to big militia turnouts supporting people refusing to repay student loans.

Q+A: Behind the Bundy, BLM battle
By Ed Komenda (contact)

Friday, April 11, 2014 | 3:28 p.m.

The complex case of Cliven Bundy raises questions about grazing permits, tortoises and ranchers’ rights.

Here are a few answers:
Not really an accurate portrayal
Do tell...
Such as...

"His ranch is about 160 acres in the Gold Butte area, about 75 miles northeast of Las Vegas up Interstate 15. But for two decades, Bundy has also allowed the cattle to roam about 150 square miles of federally owned desert surrounding his ranch. "

I believe Bundy has been using that land for a lot longer than that.

This story is kind of interesting.
To me what's interesting is not the rancher himself, but the Tea Party types who are coming to his support. These people begin with the conviction that the federal government is the enemy and they are eager to rally behind anyone who defies that government- so long as its a conservative rebellion that is. They're not going to support a progressive rebellion like Occupy Wall Street or black protests against racism- when those kind of protests occur, these same people usually demand that the authorities come down hard. But when an older white man defies the government and threatens to use guns to defend his "rights", that's a hero to rally behind.
Tim, what are you talking about?
tim never misses a chance to call Tea Party folks racists. never.
Actually, I have never once called Tea Party members racist. For the most part I don't believe they are. What I wrote above does not imply racism; only hypocrisy and a rather selective vision of what freedom is.
Tim, is the Tea Party a racist organization?

The Bureau of Land Management, whose director was Sen. Harry Reid’s (D-Nev.) former senior adviser, has purged documents from its web site stating that the agency wants Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy’s cattle off of the land his family has worked for over 140 years in order to make way for solar panel power stations.

Corrupt Democratic Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) working with the Chinese gov’t to take land from hard-working Americans.
Deleted from BLM.gov but reposted for posterity by the Free Republic, the BLM document entitled “Cattle Trespass Impacts” directly states that Bundy’s cattle “impacts” solar development, more specifically the construction of “utility-scale solar power generation facilities” on “public lands.”

“Non-Governmental Organizations have expressed concern that the regional mitigation strategy for the Dry Lake Solar Energy Zone utilizes Gold Butte as the location for offsite mitigation for impacts from solar development, and that those restoration activities are not durable with the presence of trespass cattle,” the document states.
:tinfoilhat:

The Bureau of Land Management, whose director was Sen. Harry Reid’s (D-Nev.) former senior adviser, has purged documents from its web site stating that the agency wants Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy’s cattle off of the land his family has worked for over 140 years in order to make way for solar panel power stations.

Corrupt Democratic Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) working with the Chinese gov’t to take land from hard-working Americans.
Deleted from BLM.gov but reposted for posterity by the Free Republic, the BLM document entitled “Cattle Trespass Impacts” directly states that Bundy’s cattle “impacts” solar development, more specifically the construction of “utility-scale solar power generation facilities” on “public lands.”

“Non-Governmental Organizations have expressed concern that the regional mitigation strategy for the Dry Lake Solar Energy Zone utilizes Gold Butte as the location for offsite mitigation for impacts from solar development, and that those restoration activities are not durable with the presence of trespass cattle,” the document states.
Try to keep up, jon.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=705649&page=2entry16713885

That's insane. It's pretty obvious that the land has been earmarked by Obama and Colbert to be used as a chemtrail factory.

To me what's interesting is not the rancher himself, but the Tea Party types who are coming to his support. These people begin with the conviction that the federal government is the enemy and they are eager to rally behind anyone who defies that government- so long as its a conservative rebellion that is. They're not going to support a progressive rebellion like Occupy Wall Street or black protests against racism- when those kind of protests occur, these same people usually demand that the authorities come down hard. But when an older white man defies the government and threatens to use guns to defend his "rights", that's a hero to rally behind.
Actually, I have never once called Tea Party members racist. For the most part I don't believe they are. What I wrote above does not imply racism; only hypocrisy and a rather selective vision of what freedom is.
The Tea Party is not one organization but many different ones not necessarily affiliated with each other. I don't believe that most people who identify themselves with the Tea Party are racist.

The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that two militia members from Montana and one from Utah have arrived at Cliven Bundy’s ranch.
It's going to be like when all those outraged truckers shut down the beltway for 3 or 4 minutes.
Ha! I sniped you.

It's going to be like when all those outraged truckers shut down the beltway for 3 or 4 minutes.
Ha! I sniped you.
I was delayed trying to remember if it was three or four minutes.

Ha! I sniped you.
I was delayed trying to remember if it was three or four minutes.
Meanwhile another 0.00037 militia members showed up.

Try to keep up, jon.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=705649&page=2entry16713885
You do realize that the company pulling out doesn't change that the BLM was trying to remove cattle to support solar energy, right?

The Tea Party is not one organization but many different ones not necessarily affiliated with each other. I don't believe that most people who identify themselves with the Tea Party are racist.
in your view, are those who identify themselves with the Tea Party (including the "Tea Party types" you reference above) more or less likely to be racist than the average American?

Wonder if this guy pays any taxes? Do Nevada ranchers get subsidies? What other laws does this guy pick and choose to follow?

Here's a study from the University of Arizona that suggests that cow overgrazing is good for the tortoises

https://journals.uair.arizona.edu/index.php/rangelands/article/viewFile/10776/10049
It's a 3-page article from 1990 expressing the opinion that desert tortoises need cattle #### to survive.
And it's not from U of A; Rangelands just happens to be one of several journals hosted by U of A.

The article's writer, Vernon Bostick, retired in 1981 and never worked of U of A.

If we are to believe to protesters, this isn't about the permits, the cattle, or the tortoise, this is about FREEDOM!
his resume looks impressive

Vernon received his BS in ecology in 1936 and had careers in the U.S. Forest Service, ecology and range management consultant and radiation protection technologist at the Nevada Test Site from 1961, retiring in 1981. He continued his education and received his MS in biology from UNLV in 1973. After retiring, he was very active in local environmental and conservation issues including the development of the Wetlands Park where several of its key features are named in his honor

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if this guy pays any taxes? Do Nevada ranchers get subsidies? What other laws does this guy pick and choose to follow?
Are you trying to top Timschochet for worst post in the thread?
I guess. It's Saturday I'm reading this on my phone while running around town and am not up on my cattle rancher squatting laws.

The guy sounds like an ingrate to me with his fake patriot bull####. Here's a chance to educate me.

in your view, are those who identify themselves with the Tea Party (including the "Tea Party types" you reference above) more or less likely to be racist than the average American?
More likely. I would bet that most white racists have an affinity toward the Tea Party. But that doesn't mean that most Tea Partiers have an affinity towards racism.

Try to keep up, jon.

You do realize that the company pulling out doesn't change that the BLM was trying to remove cattle to support solar energy, right?

From the description. Serious Business here.

!! Rules and Tactics !!

Watch your step,( snakes and scorpions. )

And if you want to hit anything...

Zero your weapon for 50 or 100 yards if you haven't already.

Know your holdovers at range-

( Do your Zero off and before you hit the battle zone,

plenty of space out there for that. )

Some CQB action but lot's of open range #### out there !

( !! Leave Your #### In The Car !!) - till we know the game plan !

Make contact with the locales & plan with them !

( Remember it's their town their rules ! )

Do recon and get a feel for the land.

Communicate & Spread out in 2, 3 or 4 man teams.

Any offensive strike MUST be reserved for Day time !!

(we can not hope to compete against their FLIR Systems, Thermal Imaging & Night Vision Capabilities at night)

Go time :)

(!! Check Your Fire !! NO FRIENDLY FIRE !!),

Hit from behind when ever possible.

! Aim ! and DON'T spray and pray !

Stay focused & calm !

Cover fire, move and give first aid to a brother in need !!

!! Rules and Tactics !!

(we can not hope to compete against their FLIR Systems, Thermal Imaging & Night Vision Capabilities at night)

Stay focused & calm !

Only offensive moves during the day-time. We need good filming conditions when we run around pretending to be soldiers.

More likely. I would bet that most white racists have an affinity toward the Tea Party. But that doesn't mean that most Tea Partiers have an affinity towards racism.
Just out of curiosity, since you're an expert on the subject, which party do other sorts of racists besides "white" ones have an affinity for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus H Christ, you guys ##### about Tim's posting too much but nine of you engage him every time he does. What in God's name is the point of having this conversation AGAIN?

!! Rules and Tactics !!

Stay focused & calm !

"NO FRIENDLY FIRE" :lol:

I am sorry but this Nevada Rancher is in the wrong. Not saying that BLM handled it correct, but growing up on 1200 acres of land in Colorado which was surrounded by BLM property. If cattle were caught outside on BLM property you could get a fine for it. A lot of times they were pretty easy to get along with, but if you were a ##### to them they could be right back.

As a Rancher you know where your property line is and you know what your doing. A lot of ranchers will let cattle run for a few days of free food, but then they know to get them back on your property. This guy is abusing the system for those that do abide by the law.

Not saying he desrves to have his cattle removed, but he should pay the fines/fees for grazing. And if the only way to get that money it to put a lein on the property or take the cattle then go for it.

The government of today has no right to tell us how to run our lives because the government of 200 years ago already did!

Just out of curiosity, since you're an expert on the subject, which party do other sorts of racists besides "white" ones have an affinity for?
Black racists tend to have an affinity for the Communist party.

!! Rules and Tactics !!

Stay focused & calm !

DON'T FORGET TO GRAZE!!

The "Do recon and get a feel for the land." line has me laughing so hard I think I started menstruating.

From the description. Serious Business here.!! Rules and Tactics !!

Stay focused & calm !

DON'T FORGET TO GRAZE!!

The "Do recon and get a feel for the land." line has me laughing so hard I think I started menstruating.
I'm pretty sure "leave your #### in the car" is exactly what Eisenhower told the troops before D-Day.

Better translation:

There are a large number of complete ####### whackadoodles with guns converging on this area and, as has been true for the last 20 years, we're not interested in a violent end to this situation so for the time being we're pulling back to help prevent an unfortunate incident.

Users who are viewing this thread