What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rams vs Saints - Week 9 (2 Viewers)

Once again a stupid Taysom Hill play results in a loss for the Saints on an otherwise productive drive...

Of course, they use him again on 4th down to convert, but only necessary because of the screw up play on 3rd and short.

Payton trying not to giggle on the sidelines over his 4th down call. Hill is really good at what he does.

Once again a stupid Taysom Hill play results in a loss for the Saints on an otherwise productive drive...

Of course, they use him again on 4th down to convert, but only necessary because of the screw up play on 3rd and short.
No... you misunderstand how effective he’s been. His efficiency has been through the roof.

Lining Brees up at WR is pure dumb.
Not at all, anything that throws a wrench into what the defense believes will happen is a good thing. The reverse pass is probably not the greatest 4th down call but it is a wonderful play to mix in a game. You all need to stop looking at Taysom Hill from a fantasy standpoint. 

No... you misunderstand how effective he’s been. His efficiency has been through the roof.

Not at all, anything that throws a wrench into what the defense believes will happen is a good thing. The reverse pass is probably not the greatest 4th down call but it is a wonderful play to mix in a game. You all need to stop looking at Taysom Hill from a fantasy standpoint. 
Nothing to do with fantasy.  Taking perhaps the best active QB in the game out of a play is a "wrench" all right, but one the defense will take 10 times out of 10 if they get a choice.

Nothing to do with fantasy.  Taking perhaps the best active QB in the game out of a play is a "wrench" all right, but one the defense will take 10 times out of 10 if they get a choice.
Except Hill was the highest efficiency runner in the NFL a few weeks back (haven’t checked since then but he hasn’t done worse). It isn’t taking it out of Brees hands, it’s taking it out of Ingram, Thomas, and Kamara’s hands. 

Stubborn adhearance to the ideas of the old school is what prongs people to #### on the Hill formations. They have been nothing but successful this season. It’s an incorrect mindset. If it fails on one play, it has been successful on the other ~90%. I bet everyone will point to the one play it doesn’t work or there is a fumble or interception all because it is uncomfortably different than what they’re used to. I think the only thing dangerous about using it is getting confused that Hill is more than a gimmick. Pittsburgh did that with Kordell Stewart and, while they won with Kordell, he stagnated a lot of progression.

I'm old enough to remember the days when it was considered inappropriate for nonmilitary people to dress up as soldiers.

Stubborn adhearance to the ideas of the old school is what prongs people to #### on the Hill formations. They have been nothing but successful this season. It’s an incorrect mindset. If it fails on one play, it has been successful on the other ~90%. I bet everyone will point to the one play it doesn’t work or there is a fumble or interception all because it is uncomfortably different than what they’re used to. I think the only thing dangerous about using it is getting confused that Hill is more than a gimmick. Pittsburgh did that with Kordell Stewart and, while they won with Kordell, he stagnated a lot of progression.

That's not going to happen with Hill, he will be at least 30 by the time Brees retires.

I'm old enough to remember the days when it was considered inappropriate for nonmilitary people to dress up as soldiers.
Wearing camo is not dressing up as soldiers. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. Either way I probably disagree with you due to the weird fetishization of the military that has happened in America but that is not a discussion for the Shark Pool. 

Once again fantasy football interests dumbing down fans with emotional reactions. This Taysom Hill stuff is going to pay huge dividends in the playoffs, the way they've been putting it on tape all year is for a reason. It's not like they NEED it most weeks the way Brees plays. Either way it's fun, innovative football from a great football mind with a great offense, the knee-jerk reactions against it are stupid imo. 

Wearing camo is not dressing up as soldiers. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. Either way I probably disagree with you due to the weird fetishization of the military that has happened in America but that is not a discussion for the Shark Pool. 
The coaches are not just "wearing camo". They are outfitted with uniforms (complete with military-style insignia) designed to emulate the look of an Army officer.

Personally, I think it's insulting to the men and women who served died for this country. If the NFL wants to salute the military, that's fine. Just don't pretend that playing in the NFL is the same thing as joining the military.

Uniforms are earned, not given to anyone who wants to play dress-up.

We can take the discussion to another thread.

Once again fantasy football interests dumbing down fans with emotional reactions. This Taysom Hill stuff is going to pay huge dividends in the playoffs, the way they've been putting it on tape all year is for a reason. It's not like they NEED it most weeks the way Brees plays. Either way it's fun, innovative football from a great football mind with a great offense, the knee-jerk reactions against it are stupid imo. 
I've watched a bunch of Saints action and I've yet to see them throw to Brees. And I doubt they would take the chance to get him killed on a reception from a trick play. So far Hill usually runs - now teams are putting 9 in the box and any of the trickery of RPO are minimized - if he hands off there are 9 - if he keeps there are 9. He's a big guy and has some strength on the short yardage plays - but hits a hole nowhere with the speed that Kamara can hit a hole. As for strength Ingram can carry a few guys. I'd be giving it to the best players in these situations and those are Kamara and Brees and occasionally Ingram. If for some reason they finally use Brees as a receiver then maybe I'll come around - but why risk hurting him. Makes no sense in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our D is getting run the F over right now.  Peters has been absolutely brutal these past 4 weeks.  Talib can not get back fast enough.  

Users who are viewing this thread