What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ramsey traded to Jets (1 Viewer)

How close are we getting to having the first QB go at #7?

1. tex - no

2. saints - no

3. ten - maybe but it almost seems like they will not draft a qb and its possible if the do draft one it wont be Leinart.

4. jets - no

5. GB - no

6. SF - no

7. oak - yes!

How lucky would oakland be to have Leinart slip to #7?

It's a lock that VY, Leinart or Cutler will be there for Oak.

what if we see

1. bush

2. mario/hawk

3. ferguson

4. hawk/mario

5. ??? who does GB taken if mario and hawk are gone!

6. huff/VD

7. LEINART???
I have trouble seeing the Titans pass on a QB

Hmm. Depending on what the Jets gave up, that might rule out Schaub coming over.
I'd think the opposite - something that's been mentioned with regard to Schaub is that if Atlanta were ever to trade him away, they'd have to get a backup in return because Vick can't handle 16 games.Ramsey + Abraham for Schaub + 2nd rounder doesn't look so bad for either side.
Tick,This scenario is exactly what I was thinking when the trade was announced. Very interesting.

Hmm. Depending on what the Jets gave up, that might rule out Schaub coming over.
I'd think the opposite - something that's been mentioned with regard to Schaub is that if Atlanta were ever to trade him away, they'd have to get a backup in return because Vick can't handle 16 games.Ramsey + Abraham for Schaub + 2nd rounder doesn't look so bad for either side.
Tick,This scenario is exactly what I was thinking when the trade was announced. Very interesting.
I was so happy when I saw the Ramsey news, because I immediately thought of Ramsey coming here to Atlanta and Schaub finally getting a chance to start in NY.

Hmm.  Depending on what the Jets gave up, that might rule out Schaub coming over.
Interesting theory. My point was that if the Jets invested something significant in Ramsey, they probably would not bring in another QB. A sixth round pick doesn't qualify as a significant investment in my book.

Rotoworld.com's writeup:

Patrick Ramsey - QB - Jets

Jets acquired QB Patrick Ramsey from the Redskins for a 2006 sixth-round pick.

Washington was hoping for more. The Tulane grad offers New York a very cheap alternative to challenge Chad Pennington in training camp. Ramsey only has one more year left on his contract, so the Jets are still in the mix to draft a quarterback with the fourth overall pick. This move gives them flexibility. Mar. 17 - 3:23 pm et

Source: ESPN.com

Last edited by a moderator:

1. tex - no

2. saints - no

3. ten - maybe but it almost seems like they will not draft a qb and its possible if the do draft one it wont be Leinart.

4. jets - no

5. GB - no

6. SF - no

7. oak - yes!

what if we see

1. bush

2. mario/hawk

3. ferguson

4. hawk/mario

6. huff/VD

7. LEINART???
I have trouble seeing the Titans pass on a QB
It's unlikely but there are some great players at the top of the draft who would impact the Titans immediately. With McNair and Volek I don't view QB as a need position for the Titans with all the other holes on the team.

1. tex - no

2. saints - no

4. jets - no

5. GB - no

6. SF - no

7. oak - yes!

what if we see

1. bush

2. mario/hawk

3. ferguson

4. hawk/mario

6. huff/VD

7. LEINART???
Green Bay has a history of taking the best player available and Ted Thompson has already stated as much. If Leinart is available at #5 he goes to the Packers. I wouldn't be surprised then if Leinart or Rodgers were traded for more draft picks either during the draft or next year.
If Favre doesn't come back, it's a near certainty IMO that they would take Leinart, especially with Hawk and Mario gone. Two 1st round QB's in row is a lot, but both players would benefit from the competition.

1. tex - no

2. saints - no

4. jets - no

5. GB - no

6. SF - no

7. oak - yes!

what if we see

1. bush

2. mario/hawk

3. ferguson

4. hawk/mario

5.  ??? who does GB taken if mario and hawk are gone!

6. huff/VD

7. LEINART???
Green Bay has a history of taking the best player available and Ted Thompson has already stated as much. If Leinart is available at #5 he goes to the Packers. I wouldn't be surprised then if Leinart or Rodgers were traded for more draft picks either during the draft or next year.
I think that they would go with Haloti Ngata!

1. tex - no

2. saints - no

4. jets - no

5. GB - no

6. SF - no

7. oak - yes!

what if we see

1. bush

2. mario/hawk

3. ferguson

4. hawk/mario

5.  ??? who does GB taken if mario and hawk are gone!

6. huff/VD

7. LEINART???
Can you say trade down. The Packers would not care how far they fell at this point. Alot of good talent along the way and a team would move up for Leinart. Or Oakland would pay the price to move up also. Packers would be in great position if this happened also.

Joey H. to washington??

AL Saunders is there and I think he really liked him in KC
:X
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if the Redskins picked up Harrington, as long as they don't actually trade for him.If he gets released, he will probably be pretty cheap. As bad as he is, I would consider him a decent backup with decent NFL experience. Again, he would have to be very chea.
Yes, agreed.BUT, Brunell and Campbell will be fine.

Other teams will be interested

San Diego - Rivers/Feeley

KC - Trent, Huard?

Bengals - Palmer, ???

just to name a few.
Forget my comment. I forgot about Todd Collins. The Redskins are set.I see Harrington, if he is smart and realizes it, as a guy who could have a long career as a quality backup and after maturing a bit more, maybe get another starting shot.
:lmao: Im not sure why, but these two sentences made me laugh.

At the risk of sounding like a know it all, and putting all these opinions in their place..... I will proceed to do just that.

The Jets have an offer (apparently) from Seattle for Abraham.... their #31 straight up. Now this FO will go to the Falcons, and tell them to ante up, or lose Abraham. The #15 for JA, and another pick.... maybe a third. If Atlanta balks, they will then tell JA to get a contract done with Seattle, or come back and sign the tag tender.

Tannenbaum and Mangini KNOW that much of the NFL looks at them as newbies. As much a part of the JA trade negotiations, there is more at stake. They want, need to let the NFL know that this isn't Terry Bradway's FO anymore. They will play hardball here. They may be newbies, but they aren't stupid either.

The Jets will still look for Cutler at 4. They won't trade up and lose picks though. If he's not there, they will go in another direction. Trade down, or take someone other than Ferguson. Since 2000, of all the O linemen taken in the top ten, only ONE has made the pro bowl.... Chris Samuels, ONCE.

These guys, from the Parcells-Belichick brain trust, will follow their strategy. Of those two, only ONE O linemen was ever taken in the first round, but that was NE at #32..... hard to even call that a first rounder.

They won't count on either Ramsey or Pennington at QB.... they will look for a prospect. If Cutler is gone at 4, they might go Croyle in the second. They won't give up icks to move up, they won't get raped for JA.

There was an earlier comment.... the Jets are 14 mil UNDER the cap. In good shape. That includes the 8.33 mil for Abraham. These guys are looking at 2008. And, they are here to play hardball.

The Jets groomed Pennington perfectly. They've earned the benefit of the doubt with me and whether they can develop Ramsey or not. We'll see I guess.

I know Vinny T wants to coach after his playing career. I'm sure he had a hand in Chad's learning. Hopefully they make him an assistant QB coach or somesuch.

Joey H. to washington??

AL Saunders is there and I think he really liked him in KC
:X
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if the Redskins picked up Harrington, as long as they don't actually trade for him.If he gets released, he will probably be pretty cheap. As bad as he is, I would consider him a decent backup with decent NFL experience. Again, he would have to be very chea.
Yes, agreed.BUT, Brunell and Campbell will be fine.

Other teams will be interested

San Diego - Rivers/Feeley

KC - Trent, Huard?

Bengals - Palmer, ???

just to name a few.
Forget my comment. I forgot about Todd Collins. The Redskins are set.I see Harrington, if he is smart and realizes it, as a guy who could have a long career as a quality backup and after maturing a bit more, maybe get another starting shot.
:lmao: Im not sure why, but these two sentences made me laugh.
:lmao: Never noticed that, but you are right.

At the risk of sounding like a know it all, and putting all these opinions in their place..... I will proceed to do just that.

The Jets have an offer (apparently) from Seattle for Abraham.... their #31 straight up. Now this FO will go to the Falcons, and tell them to ante up, or lose Abraham. The #15 for JA, and another pick.... maybe a third. If Atlanta balks, they will then tell JA to get a contract done with Seattle, or come back and sign the tag tender.

Tannenbaum and Mangini KNOW that much of the NFL looks at them as newbies. As much a part of the JA trade negotiations, there is more at stake. They want, need to let the NFL know that this isn't Terry Bradway's FO anymore. They will play hardball here. They may be newbies, but they aren't stupid either.

The Jets will still look for Cutler at 4. They won't trade up and lose picks though. If he's not there, they will go in another direction. Trade down, or take someone other than Ferguson. Since 2000, of all the O linemen taken in the top ten, only ONE has made the pro bowl.... Chris Samuels, ONCE.

These guys, from the Parcells-Belichick brain trust, will follow their strategy. Of those two, only ONE O linemen was ever taken in the first round, but that was NE at #32..... hard to even call that a first rounder.

They won't count on either Ramsey or Pennington at QB.... they will look for a prospect. If Cutler is gone at 4, they might go Croyle in the second. They won't give up icks to move up, they won't get raped for JA.

There was an earlier comment.... the Jets are 14 mil UNDER the cap. In good shape. That includes the 8.33 mil for Abraham. These guys are looking at 2008. And, they are here to play hardball.
Completely separate from this thread topic, but good comment.I mentioned this in another thread with some staff members where people threw out not taking QBs in the 1st round and someone mentioned OL were safer. Since 2000, there were more stinkers at OL in the top 10 than QBs and even with Samuels, I think he got a pro-bowl more on name than any great play that I have seen.

KC - Trent, Huard?

Bengals - Palmer, ???

just to name a few.
Bungles have Doug Johnson and I think Sage RosenfelsKC might have signed Casey Printers from the CFL. His signing(or not) was very confusing as he backed out, then signed, then may have backed out again.

KC - Trent, Huard?

Bengals - Palmer, ???

just to name a few.
Bungles have Doug Johnson and I think Sage RosenfelsKC might have signed Casey Printers from the CFL. His signing(or not) was very confusing as he backed out, then signed, then may have backed out again.
Rosenfels signed with Houston, not Cincy. Doug Johnson and Craig Krenzel are behind Palmer, but count on another QB being signed as #2, probably Jamie Martin.Casey Printers signed a 3 year contract in KC in late January. He's 24, and he won the MOP (the MVP equivalent) in the Canadian Football League in 2004. When the Chiefs signed him, the Lions, Colts, and Raiders were also very interested, but he signed with KC because they said they beleived he can be their QB of the future when 36 year old Trent Green is done. KC has always kept their eye on CFL players and isn't afraid to give them a chance. Both WRs Joe Horn and Marc Boerigter were signed out of the CFL by KC, and more recently PK Lawrence Tynes. Trent Green himself did a short stint in the CFL before playing for the Rams.

Printers has a strong arm, is very mobile, and has been compared to Vince Young. He was the QB at TCU when LT2 was there, but transferred to U. Central Florida (I don't know the story behind the move); that's the school Culpepper had gone to. He was undrafted by the NFL, but went to Canada and really blossomed.

He'll be the #3 this year most likely, but I believe he'll be #2 in 2007 and will start in 2008.

Printers may be the best kept secret in dynasty leagues, or maybe I'm just a fool. In the 7 MOX dynasty leagues, no one but me has rostered him. In the 9 Zealots leagues who have done their initial dynasty drafts this year, no one has drafted him. So, take all this that I'm saying with a grain of salt if you like, but at least file away the name Casey Printers in the back of your mind. At least you'll know who he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Couch,

what happenned with him backing out and going back to Canada? He visited the Fins in December, they didn't want him?

thanks Couch,

what happenned with him backing out and going back to Canada? He visited the Fins in December, they didn't want him?
Don't know. I didn't pay any attention to the situation until he was close to signing with KC, and then only because of the things their organization was saying about him (especially Carl Peterson and the their CFL scout). I hadn't read about him backing out of anything previously, but it seems it would have been in one of the January write-ups if he had done that.

thanks Couch,

Don't know. I didn't pay any attention to the situation until he was close to signing with KC, and then only because of the things their organization was saying about him (especially Carl Peterson and the their CFL scout). I hadn't read about him backing out of anything previously, but it seems it would have been in one of the January write-ups if he had done that.
it got like a line or two at the end of stories

thanks Couch,

it got like a line or two at the end of stories
I'll buy it. You're pretty on top of the news of the day. Maybe if you Google it you'll come up with something, or one of our CFL friends will know something. Well, I'm outta here. Road trip today. :bye:

Would the Jets actually carry Pennington, Ramsey, and a Top 5 overall pick at QB?
Was just thinking the same thing. They've got to be targeting D'Brick at 1.04.
I agree. IF D'Brick is available at 1.04, and the Jets don't trade the pick, I can definitely see them drafting him now. I'm not sold on Pennington or Ramsey, but I think it's apparent that they will settle with ONE of them being the starting QB this year...

Would the Jets actually carry Pennington, Ramsey, and a Top 5 overall pick at QB?
Was just thinking the same thing. They've got to be targeting D'Brick at 1.04.
I agree. IF D'Brick is available at 1.04, and the Jets don't trade the pick, I can definitely see them drafting him now. I'm not sold on Pennington or Ramsey, but I think it's apparent that they will settle with ONE of them being the starting QB this year...
Taking a QB at the top of the draft is not about this year, but 4 or 5 years out. The key is what do the Jets think of Pennington or Ramsey in the year 2010 versus whatever QB they would pick @ 4?

Users who are viewing this thread