What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Randall Cobb Knee Injury, looks serious (1 Viewer)

Gulp. Multiple in my mind is 4-6 minimum. Anything shorter timetable, would have said a few lol. Trying to draw some conclusion from coach speak

Gulp. Multiple in my mind is 4-6 minimum. Anything shorter timetable, would have said a few lol. Trying to draw some conclusion from coach speak
or maybe not

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on NFL Live the Packers' "expectation" is Randall Cobb (knee) will miss two games.

I'm going to guess 4 weeks which is great news considering it could of been season ending

Last edited by a moderator:
or maybe not

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on NFL Live the Packers' "expectation" is Randall Cobb (knee) will miss two games.

I'm going to guess 4 weeks which is great news considering it could of been season ending
Yea i'd sign for 4 weeks in a nano second. be back for end of fantasy seasons + playoffs.

or maybe not

yea, good news. I think the Pack will be OK in his absence.

The Packers schedule at the beginning of the season looked daunting... now, not so much. For non-divisional play, the matchups against the Giants, Eagles, Steelers, Falcons, Cowboys all looked pretty tough but I think the Packers will be favored in all of those the rest of the way.

The toughest games left look like the Bearsx2 and the Lions with Megatron. That last game would have been a hell of a lot closer (and could have swung the other way) against a healthy Calvin. The Lions blew out the Bears (not counting garbage points) when both Bush and Calvin were healthy, and the Bears look pretty good this year (until their usual late season collapse, anyway).

A source tells the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that Randall Cobb fractured his right fibula in Week 6 against the Ravens, and will be sidelined 6-8 weeks.
ESPN earlier reported the "expectation" was Cobb would only miss two games, but the Journal-Sentinel's Ty Dunne is disputing that story. Per Dunne, Cobb "nearly broke the fibula entirely," and coach Mike McCarthy confirmed in Monday's press conference Cobb would miss "multiple weeks." Fantasy owners can hang on for a more definitive timetable, but it's going to hard to keep Cobb rostered if the Journal-Sentinel's report proves true. Jordy Nelson, Jermichael Finley, and to a lesser extent James Jones get fantasy box-score boosts.

ok, wtf. 8 weeks pretty much is getting him back for the fantasy championships. I figured with all this positive yet unconfirmed news coming out that there was going to be a bomb shell.

A source tells the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that Randall Cobb fractured his right fibula in Week 6 against the Ravens, and will be sidelined 6-8 weeks.
ESPN earlier reported the "expectation" was Cobb would only miss two games, but the Journal-Sentinel's Ty Dunne is disputing that story. Per Dunne, Cobb "nearly broke the fibula entirely," and coach Mike McCarthy confirmed in Monday's press conference Cobb would miss "multiple weeks." Dunne tweeted that his source is "adamant" this is a 6-8 week injury, and not something Cobb could return from in a matter of a few games. Fantasy owners can hang on for a more definitive timetable, but it's going to be hard to keep Cobb rostered if the Journal-Sentinel's report proves true. Jordy Nelson, Jermichael Finley, and to a lesser extent James Jones get fantasy box-score boosts. Oct 14 - 6:05 PM
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6497/randall-cobb

rotoworld is really good. I would take their word

And that comes from Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, the local paper, that covers the Packers exclusively. They definitely have a source within the organization.

Not looking good for Cobb owners

ESPN earlier reported the "expectation" was Cobb would only miss two games, but the Journal-Sentinel's Ty Dunne is disputing that story. Per Dunne, Cobb "nearly broke the fibula entirely," and coach Mike McCarthy confirmed in Monday's press conference Cobb would miss "multiple weeks." Dunne tweeted that his source is "adamant" this is a 6-8 week injury, and not something Cobb could return from in a matter of a few games. Fantasy owners can hang on for a more definitive timetable, but it's going to be hard to keep Cobb rostered if the Journal-Sentinel's report proves true. Jordy Nelson, Jermichael Finley, and to a lesser extent James Jones get fantasy box-score boosts. Oct 14 - 6:05 PM

would really like to get something confirmed, right now we just have sources reporting 2 different things.

would really like to get something confirmed, right now we just have sources reporting 2 different things.
Speak for yourself. I'm enjoying people not reading the thread, then posting the exact same text 20 times.

Speak for yourself. I'm enjoying people not reading the thread, then posting the exact same text 20 times.
Well Mort and Schefter were just on ESPN's Monday night countdown and they said he had a fractured tibula & would be out 6-8 weeks. So there is another source for you

Anyone want to share a scouting report, in your own words? I have to admit to not being inspired enough to watch Virginia Tech play football recently.
I didn't watch him at VT, but I watched the game on Sunday. He had a nice catch and run on a screen, showing open-field moves and elusiveness. Other than that, it was pretty bad. Some of it was not being on the same page as Rodgers. There were definitely some miscommunications. He also had at least one (maybe two) bad drops.

Well Mort and Schefter were just on ESPN's Monday night countdown and they said he had a fractured tibula & would be out 6-8 weeks. So there is another source for you
1st 2 weeks and now going w/ the 6-8 week time table, Schefty is useless. How did he get a job?
Usually pretty solid on the Broncos and AFC West. At least he was prior to joining ESPN.

1st 2 weeks and now going w/ the 6-8 week time table, Schefty is useless. How did he get a job?
Everyone speculates at the outset - then things usually changes within 24 hours as more information is gleaned.

He was going off of information that came from Green Bay and McCarthys press conference today.

wait, there's a tibia and a fibula. not a tibula.

wait, there's a tibia and a fibula. not a tibula.
my sources say cobb has a third bone in his leg
oh yeah, the one above the knee. The femula, right?
No, no

It's the bone right above your 2nd big toe. You know how useless a WR is with a messed up 2nd big toe..

If Cobb and Jones are both expected to miss extended time, the Packers should give Donald Driver a call. One last run for a Lombardi by Double D,

Users who are viewing this thread