What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Random funny/fascinating/cool/odd stuff: Study finds HUGS can relieve pain, anxiety, and depression (3 Viewers)

In my early years as a journalist in NJ, I covered Old Bridge. This tracks.

When I was on the beat, there was a guy who kept hundreds of birds in his apartment and they completely destroyed it. It wasn’t an old or mentally ill person like you might expect — the guy worked in finance in NYC. He said he just let the situation get away from him. The birds were taken to exotic animal stores and rescues and the apartment had to be completely reconstructed on the inside, for which the dude compensated the landlord.

German police say a 51-year-old man who was left tied up in the woods when a sex game went awry had a lucky escape after a cyclist and a hunter heard his screams for help. Police said the man was discovered fully dressed but firmly bound with ropes and a pantyhose over his head atop a deer-hunting platform near the town of Bueckburg late Wednesday.

https://www.krqe.com/news/weird/germany-man-rescued-from-woods-after-sex-game-goes-awry
What he may possibly look like.
Adam Carolla used to play a game called Germany or Florida.

His news person would read the details of some effed up news story from Germany or Florida, and Adam had to guess which country

"Brunner graduated Sunday with a mechanical engineering degree, according to UD officials.

Dayton police and medics were dispatched just after 7 p.m. to the 300 block of Irving Avenue on reports of a man trapped under a vehicle, according to the Montgomery County Regional Dispatch Center. A jack apparently collapsed, police said, and the man later identified as Brunner was found dead at the scene."

https://www.daytondailynews.com/loc...-of-him-in-dayton/4TZ7D5SMJJCAHFAYPAPBZK7XYE/

This is a real headline.

Mukilteo police seek suspect in case of stolen toilet go-kart

You gotta ask yourself, why would anybody steal this thing? But for some reason, somebody just had to have a go-kart with a toilet mounted on top. It was parked in front of a local plumbing business in Mukilteo until Saturday – when it was ripped off. J.D. Stollwerck, the owner of Stollwerck Plumbing & Sewer, says he spent $2,000 building the potty-kart to ride in local parades and use as a promotional item in front of his business. Stollwerck told The Daily Herald in Everett that somebody took it over the weekend and he wants it back.
It was previously used as a parade float.
Picture.

A town in Switzerland has been ordered to evacuate since a huge exposed rock face is about to come down in the town's general direction.

The land underneath the town and the rock face is all sliding downhill. The town is moving downhill at 1.5 meters/year. The rock face is moving downhill at about 7-8 meters/year. So more rocks have been falling off the rock face.

Here's a video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-oVXYkBwgw
Here it is on Google maps: https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...937c!8m2!3d46.66741!4d9.59336!16zL20vMGt3Nmpf

Police conducted a traffic stop and the driver/suspect fled in his vehicle, and then got out and ran. Police lost track of his exact location so they went into a field of cows looking for him. The cows led them straight to the driver/suspect.

"Obviously, we want to express our gratitude to the cows for their assistance," the post went on. "This opens up all kinds of questions as to the bovines' role in crime fighting." In response to the successful assist, the department proposed introducing a new "Bovine Tracking Unit." They thoughtfully pointed out that they would have to consider a variety of factors, including "how adaptable are cows to a variety of police work."

I'm glad the cows didn't take things into their own hands.

Beautiful Males Have Smaller Balls, A Study Suggests

Whether you’re a capuchin looking for copulation or a man in need of a mate, you’re going to have to be pretty sexy if you want to get noticed – and that comes at a price: according to a new study published in the Proceedings of the Royal Society B, primates with more attractive features tend to have smaller testicles.

By way of explanation, the researchers suggest that individuals who are able to out-compete their rivals due to their physical attractiveness don’t need to invest as heavily in the production of sperm. On the other hand, uglier primates are likely to get fewer opportunities to mate, which means they have to be ready to release a large of number of sperm in order to increase the chances of fertilization. As a result, they have to invest more in the development of large testicles.

Whether you’re a capuchin looking for copulation or a man in need of a mate, you’re going to have to be pretty sexy if you want to get noticed – and that comes at a price: according to a new study published in the Proceedings of the Royal Society B, primates with more attractive features tend to have smaller testicles.

By way of explanation, the researchers suggest that individuals who are able to out-compete their rivals due to their physical attractiveness don’t need to invest as heavily in the production of sperm. On the other hand, uglier primates are likely to get fewer opportunities to mate, which means they have to be ready to release a large of number of sperm in order to increase the chances of fertilization. As a result, they have to invest more in the development of large testicles.
And all along I thought I was unattractive…

I’m really ugly. :sadbanana:

Update:

Update:
I saw this story the other day. I know I should be on the human side of this but I’ll admit we had it coming.

Users who are viewing this thread