What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ranking Mid-Tier LBs (1 Viewer)

slinky

Footballguy
I'm looking to round out my LB Corp with a few guys leftover from my draft. We start 3 LBs, and my starting two are Mike Peterson and Donnie Edwards. I'm looking at some of the middle of the road guys, and can't seem to find any other rankings outside of the Expert Rankings here. I'd like to hear what some other FF guys think. How would ya'll rank these guys?Julian PetersonSam CowartAndra DavisEric BartonIs there any upside with these guys? Or would I be better off just throwing a dart at the board and playing my luck? :P

I'm looking to round out my LB Corp with a few guys leftover from my draft. We start 3 LBs, and my starting two are Mike Peterson and Donnie Edwards. I'm looking at some of the middle of the road guys, and can't seem to find any other rankings outside of the Expert Rankings here. I'd like to hear what some other FF guys think. How would ya'll rank these guys?

Julian Peterson

Sam Cowart

Andra Davis

Eric Barton

Is there any upside with these guys? Or would I be better off just throwing a dart at the board and playing my luck? :P
the order you have it there is the order I'd rank them at this point in the offseason, Peterson has the ability to be one of the elite LBs, and Andra Davis could be better than Cowart, he had an off year last season.

I'm looking to round out my LB Corp with a few guys leftover from my draft.  We start 3 LBs, and my starting two are Mike Peterson and Donnie Edwards.  I'm looking at some of the middle of the road guys, and can't seem to find any other rankings outside of the Expert Rankings here.  I'd like to hear what some other FF guys think.  How would ya'll rank these guys?

Julian Peterson

Sam Cowart

Andra Davis

Eric Barton

Is there any upside with these guys?  Or would I be better off just throwing a dart at the board and playing my luck?  :P
the order you have it there is the order I'd rank them at this point in the offseason, Peterson has the ability to be one of the elite LBs, and Andra Davis could be better than Cowart, he had an off year last season.
It really depends on scoring system, but generally I disagree with this. I rank them like this:1. Andra Davis

2. Sam Cowart

3. Eric Barton

4. Julian Peterson

Davis was a top LB in 2003, and was very good in 2004 until he got injured. This year he'll be the best LB on his team, playing ILB in a 3-4. Cowart is the MLB on a much-improved Viking defense. Barton is a very good WLB, but Vilma will be the top fantasy LB on that team. Finally, Peterson is playing OLB in a 3-4 defense, which is not a reliable point producer. Also, he's been quite innjury prone and so represents a risk.

I'm looking to round out my LB Corp with a few guys leftover from my draft. We start 3 LBs, and my starting two are Mike Peterson and Donnie Edwards. I'm looking at some of the middle of the road guys, and can't seem to find any other rankings outside of the Expert Rankings here. I'd like to hear what some other FF guys think. How would ya'll rank these guys?

Julian Peterson

Sam Cowart

Andra Davis

Eric Barton

Is there any upside with these guys? Or would I be better off just throwing a dart at the board and playing my luck? :P
It really depends on scoring system, but generally I disagree with this. I rank them like this:1. Andra Davis

2. Sam Cowart

3. Eric Barton

4. Julian Peterson

Davis was a top LB in 2003, and was very good in 2004 until he got injured. This year he'll be the best LB on his team, playing ILB in a 3-4. Cowart is the MLB on a much-improved Viking defense. Barton is a very good WLB, but Vilma will be the top fantasy LB on that team. Finally, Peterson is playing OLB in a 3-4 defense, which is not a reliable point producer. Also, he's been quite innjury prone and so represents a risk.
I would flip Cowart and Barton. Cowart will split some reps with Henderson ...

It really depends on scoring system, but generally I disagree with this. I rank them like this:

1. Andra Davis

2. Sam Cowart

3. Eric Barton

4. Julian Peterson

:goodposting:

I'm looking to round out my LB Corp with a few guys leftover from my draft.  We start 3 LBs, and my starting two are Mike Peterson and Donnie Edwards.  I'm looking at some of the middle of the road guys, and can't seem to find any other rankings outside of the Expert Rankings here.  I'd like to hear what some other FF guys think.  How would ya'll rank these guys?

Julian Peterson

Sam Cowart

Andra Davis

Eric Barton

Is there any upside with these guys?  Or would I be better off just throwing a dart at the board and playing my luck?  :P

2. Sam Cowart

3. Eric Barton

4. Julian Peterson

Why is everyone so sure that Nap Harris won't factor in at MLB? Have I missed something regarding that situation?

Everything Ive seen has them working Harris at SLB and Cowart at MLB with Henderson mixing in on the second team ... Tice appears to be very high on Cowart's ability to direct the D ... but I dont think they are ready to sink Henerson quite yet ... he will still get plenty of PT ...

Julian Peterson

Sam Cowart

Andra Davis

Eric Barton

2. Sam Cowart

3. Eric Barton

4. Julian Peterson

Actually, I agree. Flip 'em.

If it isn't a dynasty league, I wouldn't flip em. Cowart could really blow up this year. Tice wants him out there to lead the D, I think. That's why hey picked him up, that and to push (and teach) Henderson for next year. As the year goes on, I think Henderson might get playing time. Cowart will get pulled in the nickel at some point in the year. He just doesnt have the speed for it anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread