What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB JK Dobbins (1 Viewer)

bshell27

Footballguy
Currently stashed on my IR. Is this just a waste of time, or what do you all expect from him through week 17?

i grabbed him in case i made the playoffs , i didnt, but im glad the guys who did cant grab him now haha

Did the same with Walller, just being spiteful

Thoughts? With Cook signing, will that have an impact on Dobbins in 2024? I think Cook is :toast: Having said that, Dobbins did have a serious injury, his second in the last two years, so he's a huge question mark entering 2024. Is he a cheap trade target?

Thoughts? With Cook signing, will that have an impact on Dobbins in 2024? I think Cook is :toast: Having said that, Dobbins did have a serious injury, his second in the last two years, so he's a huge question mark entering 2024. Is he a cheap trade target?
I think its very likely neither Cook or Dobbins is on the Ravens in 2024.

I imagine some team takes a flier on Dobbins, but he's becoming close to Rashaad Penny territory.

I imagine some team takes a flier on Dobbins, but he's becoming close to Rashaad Penny territory.
Dobbins is a UFA in 2024. He has missed 42 of his last 51 games when he reaches free agency in March. If he doesn't sign with another team, Dobbins will likely have to settle for a one-year, incentive-based deal, if the Ravens even want him back.

He leaped over Penny territory by an achilles.

I'd ask if any RB has ever returned from both achilles and ACL injuries but that's kind of a bogus question because I can't think of anyone who even suffered both.

I do think Cook has a tryout for next year as well as chasing a ring on the line but he'd only be part of the mix if he showed enough.

Justice Hill and Mitchell are the only two RB's under contract next season for the Ravens and Hill could be a cut candidate and Mitchell may not be able to play for all or most of the season or be what he was. Saying that what I don't see is the Ravens making much of a major investment in any RB. Why would they? From their perspective all they see is RB's constantly getting injured but an ability to plug in multiple players and still get a top seed and pretty much consistently win so long as Lamar is healthy.

I think Dobbins will get a chance to resurrect his post-Achilles career a la Foreman, but probably somewhere else.

I agree that the Ravens will probably just continue to use a bunch of low investment guys given that it’s been working, but it’s also possible with the potential exit of most of the RB crew and perhaps a desire to have Lamar run a bit less, they make a bigger investment at the position.

I expect the ravens to take multiple back this year. I haven’t looked into the picks they’re holding but I’d wager they bring in at least two new body. Corum in the third/fourth would be a nice fit imo.

I think the Ravens would be wise to keep Edwards on the cheap. Doesn’t matter where he lands on the depth chart. When called upon he performs.
The rookie definitely added a big spark when he became the starter, so I expect him to be the favorite once healthy heading into next year.

I write all this as a downtrodden Dobbins owner who’s had him on my IR longer than he’s been active and he’s on the fringe of keepable in my Keep 13 dynasty league.

Dobbins is droppable at this point if you have any sort of decision to make
I got him on just one team and it's my thinnest team at RB out of all my dynasty teams. If I cut him it will likely mean my team is is down to carrying 3 RB's heading into the rookie drafts and it's not a shining trio with ETN the only one carrying much value in dynasty with Kamara easily the second. Again, not much at the spot.

All that said I have every intention of cutting him at the end of March when cuts are due, that is if I can't find a taker by then who wants to buy a name and a does of hopium.

I got him on just one team and it's my thinnest team at RB out of all my dynasty teams. If I cut him it will likely mean my team is is down to carrying 3 RB's heading into the rookie drafts and it's not a shining trio with ETN the only one carrying much value in dynasty with Kamara easily the second. Again, not much at the spot.

All that said I have every intention of cutting him at the end of March when cuts are due, that is if I can't find a taker by then who wants to buy a name and a does of hopium.
I’ll give you a late 3rd

I’ll give you a late 3rd
Wish you were in my league...he's already been cut in one dynasty and I'll cut him in the spring as well. The guy is done

Please let it be known that I am not shooting the messenger in any way, but would like to offer a critique of the article at hand.

This article is all red herrings and speculation from SI and a site called Yardbarker. To begin (to begin!) the analysis and comparison of J.K. Dobbins to Raheem Mostert, the author says that since Raheem Mostert and J.K. Dobbins are nearly identical in height and weight, they are similar backs. This really isn't true, and certainly doesn't follow that since height and weight is similar, that style or attributes are.

Sensing this (apparently) we then get a further assertion of similarity via a brief, sentence-long discussion of Mostert's speed. Fair enough to discuss Mostert's attribute of blazing speed, but then there's no comparison to Dobbins's speed, which is generally considered to be a bit slower than Mostert's coming out of college, never mind by this point in his career. In fact, Dobbins's speed isn't even mentioned. It's a weird discussion of a comparison that attempts to compare the two without comparing one of the two items in the comparison. It's especially weird because one of the two items is nothing like the other.

Then, the author goes on to say Dobbins might ink a prove-it deal with Baltimore and that if he did well during that time period, then Baltimore would reward him handsomely for doing so. This goes against what we know about Baltimore and Dobbins. We know how they didn't sign Dobbins to a long-term deal when they had the chance this year, because he was already on a one-year prove-it portion of his contract. Remember the mini Johnathan Taylor-esque hold-in that Dobbins never followed through with? He threatened and then came back to practice. And then he got hurt, to boot. So while the premise of signing another one-year, prove-it deal isn't entirely unreasonable, the likelihood of him (1) recapturing speed he never had and (2) being rewarded with a handsome contract at this point sounds really far-fetched.

It's really a terrible article that makes no sense.

Please let it be known that I am not shooting the messenger in any way, but would like to offer a critique of the article at hand.

This article is all red herrings and speculation from SI and a site called Yardbarker. To begin (to begin!) the analysis and comparison of J.K. Dobbins to Raheem Mostert, the author says that since Raheem Mostert and J.K. Dobbins are nearly identical in height and weight, they are similar backs. This really isn't true, and certainly doesn't follow that since height and weight is similar, that style or attributes are.

Sensing this (apparently) we then get a further assertion of similarity via a brief, sentence-long discussion of Mostert's speed. Fair enough to discuss Mostert's attribute of blazing speed, but then there's no comparison to Dobbins's speed, which is generally considered to be a bit slower than Mostert's coming out of college, never mind by this point in his career. In fact, Dobbins's speed isn't even mentioned. It's a weird discussion of a comparison that attempts to compare the two without comparing one of the two items in the comparison. It's especially weird because one of the two items is nothing like the other.

Then, the author goes on to say Dobbins might ink a prove-it deal with Baltimore and that if he did well during that time period, then Baltimore would reward him handsomely for doing so. This goes against what we know about Baltimore and Dobbins. We know how they didn't sign Dobbins to a long-term deal when they had the chance this year, because he was already on a one-year prove-it portion of his contract. Remember the mini Johnathan Taylor-esque hold-in that Dobbins never followed through with? He threatened and then came back to practice. And then he got hurt, to boot. So while the premise of signing another one-year, prove-it deal isn't entirely unreasonable, the likelihood of him (1) recapturing speed he never had and (2) being rewarded with a handsome contract at this point sounds really far-fetched.

It's really a terrible article that makes no sense.
Agreed. Basically an “other than that, how was the play, Mrs Lincoln” article.

Users who are viewing this thread