What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RBs, QBs, and WRs to Exploit/Avoid-Week 14 (1 Viewer)

How does trying to put 7 points on the board rather than 3 equate to disrespecting a team and pissing on a fanbase? If Belichick were taking the Dolphins lightly, wouldn't he have been content with 3 points there?

Thoughts on some Forsett this week? I am considering dropping him/Chris Brown/Felix for another DEF before heading into the playoffs.

What'd be your choice? I'm hoping to keep a wildcard/jackpot guy in case a starter goes down, etc.

1QB, 2RB, 2WR (non-ppr) Shaub, Smith

MJD, R.Rice, P.Thomas, Harrison, Greene

Wayne, Welker, C.Johnson, S.Smith(NYG)

EdwardCat said:
EdwardCat said:
PPR league (0.5ppr/0.1per yard) standard scoring:

QB:

Brees

RB (start 2):

Peterson vs CIN

Charles vs BUF

Mendenhall vs CLE

WR (start 3):

Gates vs DAL

Jackson vs NYG

Jennings vs CHI

White vs NO

Marshall vs IND

Bolded guys are who I'm learning towards. It is hard to sit Peterson. However, in light of his miserable play recently and the seriously tough matchup, combined with the Charles/Mendenhall matchups, I must regretfully bench him.

As for Jennings, he's on my perma-bench.
I just wrote that I can't think of 5 guys I'd rather have this week than Mendenhall...There are four: Rice, Johnson, ADP, and MJD. Why does Cincinatti scare you?
Week 13: Kevin Smith 104 yds 1 TDWeek 12: Jamal Lewis 40 yards 0 TD

Week 11: No clear Oakland RB as #1

Week 10: Rashard Mendenhall 41 yards on 14 touches

Week 9: Ray Rice 135 yards 1 TD (most yards on catches)

Week 7: Matt Forte 49 yards (10 touches)

Week 6: Steve Slaton 145 yards 1 TD (100+ yards on receptions)

Week 5: Ray Rice 143 yards 1 TD (most on receptions)

Week 4: Jerome Harrison 152 yards

Week 3: Willie Parker 129 yards 1 TD

Week 2: Ryan Grant 68 yards 1 TD

Week 1: Correll Buckhalter 57 yards

If you are a receiving back, you do very well against Cincy (Rice, Slaton). My concern is the fact that Peterson is pulled on every 3rd down and many times inside the 10 yard line. Chester Taylor could have a very big game here. If I started Peterson, I'd probably bench Mendenhall for Charles. The fact is, Charles and Mendenhall both have easy matchups and are the most likely to have 100 total yards and a TD. Peterson isn't. He hasn't done well even against decent matchups as of late. I don't trust him.
What is Matt Forte? Looks to me that Cincy has not played any elite RBs except Rice, and he owned them both times, and they've given up points to a bunch of mediocre guys too. Put ADP in your lineup and show Jamaal the bench. Yes, Buffalo has looked terrible against the run. Who cares, its ADP vs. Jamaal Charles. I think you are trying to hard to find the genius move...

no vernon davis :goodposting:
I was gonna ask the same thing. I'm starting him over Sidney Rice this week which makes me a little nervous.QB BradyRB DeAngelo Williams, Pierre Thomas (McCoy,Q Ganther,M Bell, Forsett)WR Colston, Welker, Sidney Rice, MSWTE Vernon Davis, Brent CelekK HartleyD Pittsburgh, Indy16 team league - we start 1 QB, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 1 D
Hint: These are QB/RB/WR rankings :confused:

no vernon davis :goodposting:
I was gonna ask the same thing. I'm starting him over Sidney Rice this week which makes me a little nervous.QB BradyRB DeAngelo Williams, Pierre Thomas (McCoy,Q Ganther,M Bell, Forsett)WR Colston, Welker, Sidney Rice, MSWTE Vernon Davis, Brent CelekK HartleyD Pittsburgh, Indy16 team league - we start 1 QB, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 1 D
Hint: These are QB/RB/WR rankings :confused:
Hmmm....good point. Nevermind :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I get to pick out of this

So far starting those in bold.

RB

Rice v DET

D. Williams @ NE

McCoy @ NYG

Harrison v PIT

I can't see starting Harrison over DeAngelo with the bad weather and with DeAngelo practicing today and playing on Sunday.

WR

Sims-Walker v MIA

S. Smith (NYG) v PHI

Harvin v CIN

Garcon v DEN

This may depend on the weather.

Sims-Walker - Pro - Over the last six games, Miami is giving up 270 yards passing/game and 1.3 passing TDs and 24 pts/game. Cons - Garrard, injury, rain, last two weeks have been bad.

S. Smith - Finally had a good game with over 100 yds. Went 8/68 in last game against PHI.. so he did get a lot of catches. Last six games PHI has given up 233 passing yards/pame, 1.3 passing TDs and 20 pts/game Cons - only 1 TD in last 8 games. Cold and possible flurries. Manning inconsistent since the injury

Harvin - Pro - in a dome. 3 TDs in last 3 games, 4 TDs in last 5 games. Cons - Last 6 games Cincy has only given up 175 passing yards/game and 12 pts/game. Has some illness

Garcon - Pro - Manning. Den giving up 23 pts/game last 6 games Cons - Den only given up 175 passing yds/game last six games.

Need some help to get in the playoffs. Here's my Roster Start 2QB 3RB 3WR

QB 6pts passing TDS

Brady, Tom NEP QB (P)

Freeman, Josh TBB QB ®

Garrard, David JAC

Palmer, Carson CIN QB

Romo, Tony DAL QB

Young, Vince TEN QB (P)

Forsett, Justin SEA RB

Ganther, Quinton WAS RB

Greene, Shonn NYJ RB ®

Maroney, Laurence NEP RB

McFadden, Darren OAK RB

Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB (P)

Tomlinson, LaDainian SDC RB

Wells, Chris ARI RB ®

Marshall, Brandon DEN WR

Moss, Randy NEP WR

Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR ®

Owens, Terrell BUF WR

White, Roddy ATL WR (P)

2 TE

Clark, Dallas IND TE 117.00 6 7.03

Davis, Fred WAS TE 50.20 8 FA

Olsen, Greg CHI TE

Hey MoP, what are expectations for Ganther this week? Do you have a gut feel for the touch distribution between he and Rock .. and possibly Mason?

First off, THANKS for all that you do. Your input has helped me a lot this year!

No Bye Week here!

Going up against Brady, Moss, Welker and then some.

Non-PPR standard scoring

1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 Flex

Flacco vs. DET

Cutler vs. GB

CJ vs STL

Mendenhall vs CLE

PT vs ATL

Lynch vs KC

AJ vs SEA

VJax vs DAL

Holmes vs CLE

Crabtree vs ARI

Hester vs GB

Britt vs STL

Leaning towards those bolded. For Flex it's a tossup between PT, Crabtree, Britt.

If weather comes into play tomorrow night I may go with VJax over Holmes.

Hey MoP, what are expectations for Ganther this week? Do you have a gut feel for the touch distribution between he and Rock .. and possibly Mason?
Great question JT, and thanks to the SP for putting a quick thread out there today about Ganther...I was harsh in that thread at first but thank goodness my fellow brethren pointed out my errors.I think Ganther will get a good long look form the Skins. Cartright has never been featurematerial and I also think you have to look at the bigger picture here. Portis is OUT for the season, so is Betts, and Ladell is 30 I think so he might be on his way out of Wash...Portis has a $7-8 million payday waiting next year, will be interesting what the SKins do. My point is the season is over but they have another 4 weeks and the team is playing hard meaning for whatever reason they kinda like Zorn and are trying to not be shown the door with him. There's talent in Washingotn it just isn't harnessed very well. What did you ask?Ganther should see 12-15 touches minimum...I think 20 would be pushing it but I like him in the same way I like any other RB you can pluck off the WW right now and possibly get some points while guys like Turner heal another week. I do think rather than hype the guy, like others have said to me just enjoy the ride, look at it as a mechanical move more so than a future stud move. Ganther could easily be gone next year or if they find lightning in a bottle they have some trade bait to possibly move around or up on draft day. Right now, Skins are in off season mode so why not play some of the youth.

I see a lot of posts that I need to go over and help...I will try and do that thru the night and tomorrow morning.

I might answer several in one post so just be on the look out.

I appreciate guys like Edward coming in here and maybe not having the popular view always, those posts are even harder to put up because you can come across with negativity at times. So I just want to encourage opposing views but please do try and have some reasoning which EC usually does. Thanks everyone.

Great question JT, and thanks to the SP for putting a quick thread out there today about Ganther...I was harsh in that thread at first but thank goodness my fellow brethren pointed out my errors.I think Ganther will get a good long look form the Skins. Cartright has never been featurematerial and I also think you have to look at the bigger picture here. Portis is OUT for the season, so is Betts, and Ladell is 30 I think so he might be on his way out of Wash...Portis has a $7-8 million payday waiting next year, will be interesting what the SKins do. My point is the season is over but they have another 4 weeks and the team is playing hard meaning for whatever reason they kinda like Zorn and are trying to not be shown the door with him. There's talent in Washingotn it just isn't harnessed very well. What did you ask?Ganther should see 12-15 touches minimum...I think 20 would be pushing it but I like him in the same way I like any other RB you can pluck off the WW right now and possibly get some points while guys like Turner heal another week. I do think rather than hype the guy, like others have said to me just enjoy the ride, look at it as a mechanical move more so than a future stud move. Ganther could easily be gone next year or if they find lightning in a bottle they have some trade bait to possibly move around or up on draft day. Right now, Skins are in off season mode so why not play some of the youth.
Thanks, MoP.

This is the first time I remember this thread turning in to a WSIS thread. Can we move it to the appropriate forum?

This is good stuff, thanks.

I notice you have Big Ben tossing a good game on Thursday night. This is what I would expect as well, except that I am worried about those weather reports that warn of 40-50 mph gusts of win that could impact the passing game. Unfortunately, my only other QB (and our rosters are now locked) is Carson Palmer, who is obviously having a good NFL season without being a great FFL producer over the last 4-5 games. My question is: do you think that the weather could make Palmer the better start than Ben? I know Palmer has not put up big stats lately, but isn't that because they are running well and playing with the lead? With Minnesota, they face an opponent that is far better against the run than the pass and also one that will score, forcing Cinci to try to match up with them. I could be rationalizing this all of course. I really want to start Roth vs. Cleveland but am scared of the weather. What say you?

M

This is the first time I remember this thread turning in to a WSIS thread. Can we move it to the appropriate forum?
I just did a search for you looking for any threads you might have started and contributed in the last 90 days in the Shark Pool... :confused: If you can find any threads in the coach's forum that look like the OP, then maybe we can talk. I set a very specific guideline and the board has been good about maintaining it in the thread. Also I personally was in the AC last week with a dedicated thread, might do the same again Sunday Morning.Maybe you were just trying to be funny...the SP has been a bit hot and bothered today, I wouldn't try and rile up the natives.

This is good stuff, thanks. I notice you have Big Ben tossing a good game on Thursday night. This is what I would expect as well, except that I am worried about those weather reports that warn of 40-50 mph gusts of win that could impact the passing game. Unfortunately, my only other QB (and our rosters are now locked) is Carson Palmer, who is obviously having a good NFL season without being a great FFL producer over the last 4-5 games. My question is: do you think that the weather could make Palmer the better start than Ben? I know Palmer has not put up big stats lately, but isn't that because they are running well and playing with the lead? With Minnesota, they face an opponent that is far better against the run than the pass and also one that will score, forcing Cinci to try to match up with them. I could be rationalizing this all of course. I really want to start Roth vs. Cleveland but am scared of the weather. What say you?M
I will be updating tonight and tomorrow, I want to see the weather report tomorrow. Winds are a concern but these two teams have seen their fair share of snow so I doubt that will be a problem.

This is good stuff, thanks. I notice you have Big Ben tossing a good game on Thursday night. This is what I would expect as well, except that I am worried about those weather reports that warn of 40-50 mph gusts of win that could impact the passing game. Unfortunately, my only other QB (and our rosters are now locked) is Carson Palmer, who is obviously having a good NFL season without being a great FFL producer over the last 4-5 games. My question is: do you think that the weather could make Palmer the better start than Ben? I know Palmer has not put up big stats lately, but isn't that because they are running well and playing with the lead? With Minnesota, they face an opponent that is far better against the run than the pass and also one that will score, forcing Cinci to try to match up with them. I could be rationalizing this all of course. I really want to start Roth vs. Cleveland but am scared of the weather. What say you?M
I will be updating tonight and tomorrow, I want to see the weather report tomorrow. Winds are a concern but these two teams have seen their fair share of snow so I doubt that will be a problem.
Cool, thanks man.M

Enjoyable and educational as always, MOP.

1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 RB/WR, 1WR/TE, K, D

ppr

qb: Young, Rothlisberger

rb: MJD, Moreno, Caddy, Chris Brown, Jerome Harrison

wr: 85, Smith (Carolina), MSW, Bess

te: Gonzo

Playoffs start this week and I've got the #1 seed in my league -- but I'm not thrilled with my matchups.

I would normally start Big Ben but for the weather -- plus Young has been playing well. I think he is the safer play.

Got to start MJD, Moreno, 85, and Smith. That leaves two spots open for Brown/Harrison, MSW, Bess or Gonzo. I'm leaning toward MSW and Gonzo. Jax is playing at home and MSW was close to a TD last week, and the Falcons will have to throw a lot against NO.

What do you think -- and thanks!

All set to go with the bolded guys. Just wanted to read how much ### I was going to kick. Now you have me second guessing starting Mason over TO or even AP over TO (not happening). You said you'd have to see much better options than TO to keep him on the bench. Mason the better option?

Favre

Young

AP

Rice

M.Bush

Colston

Driver

Mason

TO

Chambers

Royal

Bowe

Celek

Finely

Jets

AZ

Crosby

Also, in my dynasty I only have Schuab and Stafford. If they don't go I am pretty screwed. Only starters available are Delhomme, and Grossman/Cpepp. Should I even bother picking these guys up? They may get me negative points.

PPR League (1/2 ppr RB, 3/4 ppr WR, 1 ppr TE), start 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex (RB/WR)

RB's:

ADP

Jacobs

Moreno

Harrison

Fargas

Forsett

WR's:

Mike Sims-Walker

Hines Ward

Devin Hester

I planned to roll with MSW/Ward/Hester the rest of the way last week when I cut Mike Wallace for Harrison. Of course, Ward pulls his hammy and now it looks like I will be rolling with a waiver wire pick up in the first week of my playoffs.

RB's: I am definitely starting ADP and Moreno.

WR's: Gonna start MSW and Hester assuming Hester is good to go. I am at the bottom of the waiver order so Mike Wallace will be gone. Best available choices include:

Davone Bess (@ JAC), Devin Thomas (@OAK) Josh Morgan (vs. AZ)...my leaguemates read the board so I don't want to give my lean but was curious on who you'd target this week...

Flex: I think Harrison is going to be my flex player over Jacobs. I don't see NYG getting ahead of Philly and getting Jacobs more than 12-14 touches. Harrison should probably see a similar amount of carries, but get a lot more looks in the passing game. Thoughts?
Grab Bess if you did not already...looks like you have a good handle on your team, good luck.

I'm having trouble this week and it's week one of the playoffs. I typically use a RB in the FLEX spot but think I may go WR this week. This is NOT a PPR league just standard scoring...QB - SchaubRB - Beson, DeAngelo Williams, Ray Rice, Jamaal Charles, Marion Barber, Justin ForsettWR - AJ, MSW, TO, Steve Smith (CAR)TE - OlsenRight now I'm leaning towards going with Rice and Charles at RB and using AJ and TO at WR leaving me Mike Sims Walker as the FLEX. I hate leaving a guy like Benson on the bench, but feel like the Minnesota matchup will be a tough one.Thoughts?
DWill is practicing, JStew isn't.Rice and Charles seem like money to me. Pretty stacked team when everyone is playing up to snuff, good luck.

This is a phenomenal post and shows someone that cares about our hobby! Thank you for that and good luck to you all in this big week 14!

Non PPR:

Addai or Maroney

Pick 3 WR Ocho, Desean (if plays), MSW, Driver, or Harvin.

Thank you for any input!
I like Addai, don't trust Maroney and the Pats don't either. I like all the WRs just about excpet DeJax with the concussion he sustained 2 weeks ago.

Enjoy reading this every week from you. Takes a lot of guts to put your own work out there publicly. No playoffs for me but: 1qb, 2rb, 2wr A.SmithJ.FlaccoL.MaroneyK.MorenoJ.ForsettL.McCoyM.TurnerA.JohnsonD.JacksonK.BrittR.MeachemP.GarconCelekCarpenterNO Def
Smith over Flacco right now, I bet tohers have similar situations. M&M this week at RB unless Turner makes a miracle recovery.AJ no doubt...Meachem might be chasing points, Britt is coming on but a rookie, Garcon is always open...tough choices there. I would put just the WR scenario up in the AC and see what they say.

Thanks for the reply, MoP. Your insight is appreciated. I'm curious as to what is holding you back in terms of Meachem's value. I usually follow the targets too, but the NO offense is out of hand and in recent games it seems that Meachem is getting more and more work. Yet he's still viewed as a "situational" player. What's it going to take for him to be treated as a solid WR1b?
I think if Meachem continues to see 6-9 targets a week, it would make owners a lot happier over just 2-3 targets and he takes one 40 yards to the house and scoes 11-12 points for owners.

Non PPR Standard league 1 QB, 2RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 PK 1 DEFQb Kurt WarnerQb Alex SmithRB Steven JacksonRB Matt ForteRB Fred JacksonRB Chris BrownWR Hines WardWR Mike Sims-WalkerWR Steve Smith (Car)WR Jerico CotcheryTE GatesK GostkowskiDEF EaglesDef Titansalso thinking of dropping Chris Brown for Bess or D. Thomas for WR help while Ward is out.Thanks for your forecasts each week BTW
What??? You read my stuff...there is no decision here my man. Warner all day, Jax and Forte, and with Ward out you have to take Cotch into battle, good luck working that WW.

Cleveland Pitt Update

Looks like the weather is calling for snow and winds in the 25 mph randge with gusts up to 39-40 mph+

Whatever team has the wind at their backs is going to have the advantage and likely will take their shots down the field at that point. I would probably think that neither team is going to light it up and since Pitt is pretty good at stopping the run...you didn't see Oakland running it down their throat...you have to feel Steeler Pride tonight.

I think Harrison is a shot in the dark tonight...limited upside...low double digits tops in my opinion. Mendy I like a ittle more but I would not be looking for explosive nights on a short week of practice, both teams banged up and hurting.

Thoughts on some Forsett this week? I am considering dropping him/Chris Brown/Felix for another DEF before heading into the playoffs. What'd be your choice? I'm hoping to keep a wildcard/jackpot guy in case a starter goes down, etc.
Forsett is not the starter, yes/no? Julius got a full workload and Mora Jr has said that JJ is his starter. Am I missing an injury or somethng? Brown is a mystery as are the Texans running the ball right now. Felix...I write every week how big a black hole the Dallas running game is on your roster.

I get to pick out of this

So far starting those in bold.

RB

Rice v DET

D. Williams @ NE

McCoy @ NYG

Harrison v PIT

I can't see starting Harrison over DeAngelo with the bad weather and with DeAngelo practicing today and playing on Sunday.

WR

Sims-Walker v MIA

S. Smith (NYG) v PHI

Harvin v CIN

Garcon v DEN

This may depend on the weather.

Sims-Walker - Pro - Over the last six games, Miami is giving up 270 yards passing/game and 1.3 passing TDs and 24 pts/game. Cons - Garrard, injury, rain, last two weeks have been bad.

S. Smith - Finally had a good game with over 100 yds. Went 8/68 in last game against PHI.. so he did get a lot of catches. Last six games PHI has given up 233 passing yards/pame, 1.3 passing TDs and 20 pts/game Cons - only 1 TD in last 8 games. Cold and possible flurries. Manning inconsistent since the injury

Harvin - Pro - in a dome. 3 TDs in last 3 games, 4 TDs in last 5 games. Cons - Last 6 games Cincy has only given up 175 passing yards/game and 12 pts/game. Has some illness

Garcon - Pro - Manning. Den giving up 23 pts/game last 6 games Cons - Den only given up 175 passing yds/game last six games.
Good post, agree with your RB analysis. I like most of the WR match ups you have...hope MSW isn't running out of steam

Need some help to get in the playoffs. Here's my Roster Start 2QB 3RB 3WRQB 6pts passing TDSBrady, Tom NEP QB (P)Freeman, Josh TBB QB ® Garrard, David JAC Palmer, Carson CIN QB Romo, Tony DAL QB Young, Vince TEN QB (P) Forsett, Justin SEA RB Ganther, Quinton WAS RB Greene, Shonn NYJ RB ® Maroney, Laurence NEP RB McFadden, Darren OAK RB Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB (P) Tomlinson, LaDainian SDC RB Wells, Chris ARI RB ® Marshall, Brandon DEN WR Moss, Randy NEP WR Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR ® Owens, Terrell BUF WR White, Roddy ATL WR (P)2 TEClark, Dallas IND TE 117.00 6 7.03 Davis, Fred WAS TE 50.20 8 FA Olsen, Greg CHI TE
Way too many players, narrow this down, give us some idea what you are thinking about doing.

First off, THANKS for all that you do. Your input has helped me a lot this year!

No Bye Week here!

Going up against Brady, Moss, Welker and then some.

Non-PPR standard scoring

1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 Flex

Flacco vs. DET

Cutler vs. GB

CJ vs STL

Mendenhall vs CLE

PT vs ATL

Lynch vs KC

AJ vs SEA

VJax vs DAL

Holmes vs CLE

Crabtree vs ARI

Hester vs GB

Britt vs STL

Leaning towards those bolded. For Flex it's a tossup between PT, Crabtree, Britt.

If weather comes into play tomorrow night I may go with VJax over Holmes.
Good post, letting us know what you are doing.

Your QB situation at present is very dicey...I likely go better match up there with Flacco too.

RBs I wouldn't blink twice with what you are going to start.

WR: Not diggin Holmes tonight. VJax in a breakout game to get back to what he was earlier this season???

davidwb said:
Enjoyable and educational as always, MOP.1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 RB/WR, 1WR/TE, K, Dpprqb: Young, Rothlisbergerrb: MJD, Moreno, Caddy, Chris Brown, Jerome Harrisonwr: 85, Smith (Carolina), MSW, Besste: GonzoPlayoffs start this week and I've got the #1 seed in my league -- but I'm not thrilled with my matchups.I would normally start Big Ben but for the weather -- plus Young has been playing well. I think he is the safer play.Got to start MJD, Moreno, 85, and Smith. That leaves two spots open for Brown/Harrison, MSW, Bess or Gonzo. I'm leaning toward MSW and Gonzo. Jax is playing at home and MSW was close to a TD last week, and the Falcons will have to throw a lot against NO.What do you think -- and thanks!
Thanks for the kind words.Roth or Young...oh boy...I think you just let the game come to you this week, pass the bad weather and hope Young can gather up 150-200, maybe 30+ on the gorund, 1-2 TDs...he has been pretty good albeit not great the past 5 or 6 weeks.MJD, Moreno, then Harrison would be my preference I think, Caddy next, Brown last.You look solid at WR, 85 yes, MSW perhaps, Bess is money in PPR, SMith in Carolina scares me.

Hines Ward being injured just ruined my flex spot.

Now I have to decide between Cartright, D Brown, Burleson, or Wells.

Ugh.

Thinking about starting Vernon Davis...double ugh.

pain....thanks for the input.....hey I snuck in the playoffs securing the last spot via total points tiebreaker.....I play the commish....everybody in the league roots against me since I usually dominate.....took my medicine this year at 7-7 (my favorite drink by the way)....but now that I'm in I want it more than ever this year.....Westbrook, L. Washington, Bowe, Larry Johnson, pretty much killed me all year but I battled and want to wreck some havoc......

can start 1-3 RB's......2-4 WR's....1-2 TE's......combination of 6....bold is what I am leaning toward.....but I got some tough calls

QB Aaron Rodgers GB 5

QB David Garrard JAC 7

RB Adrian Peterson MIN 9

RB Leon Washington NYJ 9 (keeper)

RB Darren McFadden OAK 9

RB Justin Forsett SEA 7

RB Rock Cartwright WAS 8

RB Ryan Moats HOU 10

RB Mike Bell NO 5

WR Santonio Holmes PIT 8

WR Dwayne Bowe KC 8

WR Terrell Owens BUF 9

WR Mario Manningham NYG 10

WR Austin Collie IND 6

WR Mike Wallace PIT 8

WR Chris Chambers KC 8

TE John Carlson SEA 7

TE Visanthe Shiancoe MIN 9

K Garrett Hartley NO 5

TDSP Cincinnati Bengals CIN 8

think Rock still might produce against Oak even tho Ganther starting?

Bell could get 15 carries this week and a TD?

sitting Pitt WR's because of weather

TO a definite, but tough call between Manningham, Collie....Buff secondary tough so Chambers sitting....

I could go get Fargas....

thanks man......these calls are killing me after a tough season......real lucky to even be in it......

MOP - Can I get your input on this. It's even more complicated now that DeAngelo Williams is expected to play. I also picked up Alex Smith to help out if Schaub gets injured. Thanks

I'm having trouble this week and it's week one of the playoffs. I typically use a RB in the FLEX spot but think I may go WR this week. This is NOT a PPR league just standard scoring...QB - Schaub, SmithRB - Beson, DeAngelo Williams, Ray Rice, Jamaal Charles, Justin ForsettWR - AJ, MSW, TO, Steve Smith (CAR)TE - OlsenRight now I'm leaning towards going with Rice and Charles at RB and using AJ and TO at WR leaving me Mike Sims Walker as the FLEX. I hate leaving a guy like Benson on the bench, but feel like the Minnesota matchup will be a tough one.Thoughts?

pain....thanks for the input.....hey I snuck in the playoffs securing the last spot via total points tiebreaker.....I play the commish....everybody in the league roots against me since I usually dominate.....took my medicine this year at 7-7 (my favorite drink by the way)....but now that I'm in I want it more than ever this year.....Westbrook, L. Washington, Bowe, Larry Johnson, pretty much killed me all year but I battled and want to wreck some havoc......

can start 1-3 RB's......2-4 WR's....1-2 TE's......combination of 6....bold is what I am leaning toward.....but I got some tough calls

QB Aaron Rodgers GB 5

QB David Garrard JAC 7

RB Adrian Peterson MIN 9

RB Leon Washington NYJ 9 (keeper)

RB Darren McFadden OAK 9

RB Justin Forsett SEA 7

RB Rock Cartwright WAS 8

RB Ryan Moats HOU 10

RB Mike Bell NO 5

WR Santonio Holmes PIT 8

WR Dwayne Bowe KC 8

WR Terrell Owens BUF 9

WR Mario Manningham NYG 10

WR Austin Collie IND 6

WR Mike Wallace PIT 8

WR Chris Chambers KC 8

TE John Carlson SEA 7

TE Visanthe Shiancoe MIN 9

K Garrett Hartley NO 5

TDSP Cincinnati Bengals CIN 8

think Rock still might produce against Oak even tho Ganther starting?

Bell could get 15 carries this week and a TD?

sitting Pitt WR's because of weather

TO a definite, but tough call between Manningham, Collie....Buff secondary tough so Chambers sitting....

I could go get Fargas....

thanks man......these calls are killing me after a tough season......real lucky to even be in it......
I would be looking around the WW...Rocky C ain't starting and I'm not sure they really want to load him up with touches...looks like Gnather is starting as the Skins are in 2010 mode. I like TO and Collie at WR.

Holmes might be your HR threat...sounds like you need some "POP" in that line up so swing for the fences even though its not favorable conditions tonight.

This a great example of how a player can be a bad play for most teams but possibly the shot int he dark that others need to get pas an opponent. Sounds like you are facing a stacked team or a teamt hat had a better season than you...go our swinging.

I snuck in in a dyansty format made up of the well knowns round here and I worked th eWW as best I could so I have bullets int he chamber going into this weekend. If I'm going down, I'm going down MY WAY, and that's swinging for the fences, grabbing anything the others have left in the treasure chest.

Nice post, interesting scenario.

MOP - Can I get your input on this. It's even more complicated now that DeAngelo Williams is expected to play. I also picked up Alex Smith to help out if Schaub gets injured. Thanks

I'm having trouble this week and it's week one of the playoffs. I typically use a RB in the FLEX spot but think I may go WR this week. This is NOT a PPR league just standard scoring...QB - Schaub, SmithRB - Beson, DeAngelo Williams, Ray Rice, Jamaal Charles, Justin ForsettWR - AJ, MSW, TO, Steve Smith (CAR)TE - OlsenRight now I'm leaning towards going with Rice and Charles at RB and using AJ and TO at WR leaving me Mike Sims Walker as the FLEX. I hate leaving a guy like Benson on the bench, but feel like the Minnesota matchup will be a tough one.Thoughts?
I would be ready to roll Smith out there depending on what Schaub does in practive thisw eek, and watch the SUnday morning reports...or click in the Sunday morning updates section FBG puts up, I swing in there several times the day of cause I hate the announcers on those pregame shows...where was I before I sidetracked myaelf?Ah yes...DWill, Charles, Rice, then Benson this week...that would be my ranking order if there ever was such a thing.AJ, TO, MSW...probably in that order.Good Luck

I'm in a mess here and need a RB and a Flex out of this rough group:

K Smith @ BAL

Quentin Ganther @ OAK

Norwood vs NO

Beanie @SF

Britt vs STL

Walters vs SEA

Help a guy out

I'm in a mess here and need a RB and a Flex out of this rough group:K Smith @ BALQuentin Ganther @ OAKNorwood vs NOBeanie @SFBritt vs STLWalters vs SEAHelp a guy out
Leaning Smith and Ganther but feel like these guys are all a toss up.

no vernon davis :football:
Hint: These are QB/RB/WR rankings :mellow:
true...but davis is putting up better numbers than half the top wr`s right now...and he splits out wide in that offence...kind of a borderline te/wr if you ask me(which nobody did ;) )

K Smith @ BAL

Quentin Ganther @ OAK

Norwood vs NO

Beanie @SF

Britt vs STL

Walters vs SEA

Help a guy out
What are your thoughts on the 3 I didn't pencil thru?
Worry about Britt in terms of Gage coming back, VY re-injury in practice today, and I play the CJ owner so if he goes off there wont be much else to go around. What are your thoughts on Walter?

K Smith @ BAL

Quentin Ganther @ OAK

Norwood vs NO

Beanie @SF

Britt vs STL

Walters vs SEA

Help a guy out
Worry about Britt in terms of Gage coming back, VY re-injury in practice today, and I play the CJ owner so if he goes off there wont be much else to go around. What are your thoughts on Walter?
I like Ganther and Smith's upside if they hit better...Can you enlighten me and tell 1st what the team is that you are going up against and lets look at that roster, then list yours.

The reason is some players are not good choices for certain situations but can be a better choice for other teams...that sounds bizarre but humor me and list what we are looking at so I can see the whole field sort of speak, thanks GB

K Smith @ BAL

Quentin Ganther @ OAK

Norwood vs NO

Beanie @SF

Britt vs STL

Walters vs SEA

Help a guy out
I like Ganther and Smith's upside if they hit better...Can you enlighten me and tell 1st what the team is that you are going up against and lets look at that roster, then list yours.

The reason is some players are not good choices for certain situations but can be a better choice for other teams...that sounds bizarre but humor me and list what we are looking at so I can see the whole field sort of speak, thanks GB
I'm the 3 seed and got stuck with this brutal matchup...his team:A Smith QB

Meacham WR

D Jackson WR

C Johnson RB

Jacobs RB

Charles Flex

Shiancoe TE

Cundiff

GB D @ CHI

My roster is in my sig and some significant FA's are Garrard, Eli, Matt Ryan, Walter, Cartwright, Manningham

Brutal!

K Smith @ BAL

Quentin Ganther @ OAK

Norwood vs NO

Beanie @SF

Britt vs STL

Walters vs SEA

Help a guy out

I'm the 3 seed and got stuck with this brutal matchup...his team:A Smith QB

Meacham WR

D Jackson WR

C Johnson RB

Jacobs RB

Charles Flex

Shiancoe TE

Cundiff

GB D @ CHI

My roster is in my sig and some significant FA's are Garrard, Eli, Matt Ryan, Walter, Cartwright, Manningham

Brutal!
He has Smith at QB, not the end of the owrld...I would roll with Palmer and hope he has some magic form some of his previous seasons. I don't think benson will be very effective running the ball so Cinci may take to the air, at least some garbage time points if nothing else. At RB you have MJD and then I might roll the bones with Ganther...he's an unknown but that is the type of risk-"pop" you might need in your line up. He has CJ and Jacobs...I think Jacobs outside of last week has been pretty meh all season, you're fine.

His advantage is Charles and I think you know that.

Roll Calvin, Fizt and Britt out there and hope for the best. St Louis is not good on defense so spread the chance out a bit and keep Young in the garage and roll wih Britt.

Nice post, good stuff, hope we can all see how you need to span the whole field when picking guys weekly. I'm sure others hve similar rosters and situations, you got a great chance to move on this week.

Users who are viewing this thread