What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RBs, QBs, and WRs to Exploit/Avoid-Week 14 (1 Viewer)

no vernon davis :cry:
I was gonna ask the same thing. I'm starting him over Sidney Rice this week which makes me a little nervous.What I'm facing this week:Aaron RodgersThomas Jones, Marion BarberLarry Fitz, T.O.,Heath MillerGostkowskiNew England D
Is there a way to play both Rice and Davis...why does either one of them have to ride your bench?
That would mean that either Colston or Welker would have to sit. I consider both of them must-starts.

EdwardCat said:
EdwardCat said:
EdwardCat said:
PPR league (0.5ppr/0.1per yard) standard scoring:

QB:

Brees

RB (start 2):

Peterson vs CIN

Charles vs BUF

Mendenhall vs CLE

WR (start 3):

Gates vs DAL

Jackson vs NYG

Jennings vs CHI

White vs NO

Marshall vs IND

Bolded guys are who I'm learning towards. It is hard to sit Peterson. However, in light of his miserable play recently and the seriously tough matchup, combined with the Charles/Mendenhall matchups, I must regretfully bench him.

As for Jennings, he's on my perma-bench.
I just wrote that I can't think of 5 guys I'd rather have this week than Mendenhall...There are four: Rice, Johnson, ADP, and MJD. Why does Cincinatti scare you?
Week 13: Kevin Smith 104 yds 1 TDWeek 12: Jamal Lewis 40 yards 0 TD

Week 11: No clear Oakland RB as #1

Week 10: Rashard Mendenhall 41 yards on 14 touches

Week 9: Ray Rice 135 yards 1 TD (most yards on catches)

Week 7: Matt Forte 49 yards (10 touches)

Week 6: Steve Slaton 145 yards 1 TD (100+ yards on receptions)

Week 5: Ray Rice 143 yards 1 TD (most on receptions)

Week 4: Jerome Harrison 152 yards

Week 3: Willie Parker 129 yards 1 TD

Week 2: Ryan Grant 68 yards 1 TD

Week 1: Correll Buckhalter 57 yards

If you are a receiving back, you do very well against Cincy (Rice, Slaton). My concern is the fact that Peterson is pulled on every 3rd down and many times inside the 10 yard line. Chester Taylor could have a very big game here. If I started Peterson, I'd probably bench Mendenhall for Charles. The fact is, Charles and Mendenhall both have easy matchups and are the most likely to have 100 total yards and a TD. Peterson isn't. He hasn't done well even against decent matchups as of late. I don't trust him.
What is Matt Forte? Looks to me that Cincy has not played any elite RBs except Rice, and he owned them both times, and they've given up points to a bunch of mediocre guys too. Put ADP in your lineup and show Jamaal the bench. Yes, Buffalo has looked terrible against the run. Who cares, its ADP vs. Jamaal Charles. I think you are trying to hard to find the genius move...
Yeah, I've come to that conclusion. I'm going with Mendenhall and ADP. Too bad I can't start all three.
Yuck. I apologize. Here's hoping ADP bails you out.

Where are the Mendenhall nuthuggers today???
Why even post this?
I guess to point out the MOP was correct and certain people called him out for his opinion on Mendy this week. Time to eat some crow.
Have you done an analysis of MoP's hit vs miss ratio on his Exploit/Avoid threads?It will take more than one example of him being correct to warrant much more than a cursory nod in his direction.

Lost MSW and I'm scrambling - Somebody please talk me out of starting Josh Morgan (heating up, Niners throwing a ton lately, Cards can get thrown on, night game, shootout potential) over Steve Smith CAR (crappy QB, crappy weather, road game) and Jerricho Cotchery (crappy QB, road game, REALLY crappy QB). TIA

MOP, from my previous post the guy I'm playing took Jacobs out in favor of Grant@CHI, would that change your strategy at all?

Does Young being dinged hurt Britt?

I know this isn't a popular belief in this thread, but I think Deangelo may have a good day. Call it just a feeling, but Deangelo may be as fresh as he's been since the beginning of the year with a week off, the Pats are reeling a bit with the recent losses and the issues this week in the locker room (Adalius, Moss?), and Brady hurting....maybe worse than is being led on. Expectations are for a blowout at home for NE and getting back on the road to success, but expectations were the same for Pittsburgh on Thursday night. Is NE maybe not as good as they were? Are they maybe just an average team now? Could Moss be turning on them, among others on the team?

Lost MSW and I'm scrambling - Somebody please talk me out of starting Josh Morgan (heating up, Niners throwing a ton lately, Cards can get thrown on, night game, shootout potential) over Steve Smith CAR (crappy QB, crappy weather, road game) and Jerricho Cotchery (crappy QB, road game, REALLY crappy QB). TIA
i read somewhere on here that clemens has produced very good numbers for cotchery in the past.

This is a really tough one. Certainly the AZ/SF game seems on the surface like a high scoring affair. You know the Panthers are going to try and run but what happens when they fall behind?The Jets are going to run the ball all day on the Bucs so I don't like Cotch much.Good Luck

pick 2 in a non ppr crucial 1st rnd for me.

Yes i know there are very weak options but im trying to catch lighting in a bottle.

M.Thomas vs MIA

M.Manningham vs PHI

H.Nicks vs PHI

Garcon vs IND

any help would be appreciated and a little why you would start these guys would really be helpful.

I'm in a mess here and need a RB and a Flex out of this rough group:K Smith @ BALQuentin Ganther @ OAKNorwood vs NOBeanie @SFBritt vs STLWalters vs SEAHelp a guy out
MOP.....still feel good about Britt out of this group?Also should I still roll with Palmer over V Young facing the guy with CJ3?

Same boat w/ no MSW. Deciding between Morgan, Bess vs. Jax and Devin Thomas vs. Oak. It shouldn't matter but having a guy left for Monday makes me feel better. Leaning towards Bess though it's not ppr. I'm actually also debating wherther to bench Housh for one of those three also. Sick of that guy.

Users who are viewing this thread