What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB's to buy? (1 Viewer)

I agree that Joe Mixon looks like a good buy target right now.

All of his metrics, opportunities and efficiency are significantly lower than his career averages.

While I suspect 2021 will end up being a career year for him and I would not expect that level of performance, I do think his numbers should return to somewhere near his career average by the end of the season.
but don't you think that's related to the ineffectiveness of the offense? Is there hope / any indication that something may change that's going to turn it around? I don't see it...Burrow is playing injured and not looking good and now Higgins is likely down for a few weeks. He's not the type of RB that is going to create on his own...he's a beneficiary of playing on a good offense.
Mixon has been efficient with a nonexistant passing game and terrible game scripts. They just played a dominant rush D on the road and he was over 5 ypc in the first half with no help.

Like you said Burrow is hurt and they're at rock bottom. This game is about forecasting - Mixon is a guy who should outperform his current performance as Burrow gets healthier and they figure things out against weaker defenses.
It’s hard to assume that Burrow will be healthy enough though. He probably is hurting his team more by playing..

I don't know about Mixon, he's pretty pedestrian on a good day. this offense isnt turning it around this season.

Chuba Hubbard
J. Warren
Gainwell
J. Ford is going to pop-off soon, once Watson comes back.
Have Warren and Gainwell on a number of rosters. Ford is interesting and he might not cost much. He’s a good guy to get as “throw in” a 2 for 2 trade.

I don't know about Mixon, he's pretty pedestrian on a good day. this offense isnt turning it around this season.

Chuba Hubbard
J. Warren
Gainwell
Have Warren and Gainwell on a number of rosters. Ford is interesting and he might not cost much. He’s a good guy to get as “throw in” a 2 for 2 trade.
If you can afford to sit on Ford’s bye this week, you may be able to get a better price.

McLaughlin is polarizing. Lot of people just don't believe. For whatever it's worth, on this weeks FBG Waiver Wire show, Broncos Guy Cecil Lammey said if he had only one spot he'd rather have McLaughlin on his roster ROS over Javonte. Thought that was interesting although Williams hasn't exactly been tearing it up.
Cecil is the Broncos beat equivalent of Skip Bayless, just not as big of an ***. Makes wild *** predictions just to get a reaction. He's wrong more than he's right in regards to the Broncos because many of his predictions are so over the top. Remember when Cecil wanted everyone to believe Paxton Lynch was the second coming?

Javonte is the unquestioned #1 here, if healthy. The health part is still up in the air, and JM may be an easy choice over Perine at this point but not Javonte. Sorry to be the wet blanket on this one. JM is a guy that needs to be rostered, but backed in a corner with Javonte on your roster and JM available on the WW? No one else to drop? You'd be crazy to let JW go.
I don't think he was insinuating to drop Williams, just that he isn't really sure about his health ROS and from what he's seen of both in practice he'd rather roster Jaleel. Don't know about all that other stuff but he's obviously seen way more of both RBs in practice than me. Just thought it was interesting, that's all. Especially since there are probably a lot of people who wouldn't waste a bid on Jaleel but would probably empty their clip if Williams was somehow on the ww. I've got both and have only gotten 4 sub 10 pt weeks from Williams and would like to see what Jaleel could do with the same usage at some point.
Based on your post Cecil said he'd rather roster Jaleel over Javonte if he only had one roster spot.

I'm not an insider but I do have direct and indirect connections inside the organization and not at a low level. Javonte is the guy. The knee injury and continued rehab to 100% is playing a roll in all of this.

That said they do also love Jaleel and the energy, attitude and work ethic he brings. In a perfect world both will get plenty of work, and both will be valuable to the Broncos and your fantasy team. If Jaleel were a bit more physical, I could see him in a Kamara roll, but he's not. I put his ceiling somewhere between Reggie Bush/Darren Sproles. Not half bad. He should be rostered in every league.
Darren Sproles w No or Sproles with Philly? That's a high ceiling for what he did in NO

Chuba Hubbard
J. Warren
Gainwell
If you can afford to sit on Ford’s bye this week, you may be able to get a better price.
GREAT call.

Ceiling
McLaughlin is polarizing. Lot of people just don't believe. For whatever it's worth, on this weeks FBG Waiver Wire show, Broncos Guy Cecil Lammey said if he had only one spot he'd rather have McLaughlin on his roster ROS over Javonte. Thought that was interesting although Williams hasn't exactly been tearing it up.
Cecil is the Broncos beat equivalent of Skip Bayless, just not as big of an ***. Makes wild *** predictions just to get a reaction. He's wrong more than he's right in regards to the Broncos because many of his predictions are so over the top. Remember when Cecil wanted everyone to believe Paxton Lynch was the second coming?

Javonte is the unquestioned #1 here, if healthy. The health part is still up in the air, and JM may be an easy choice over Perine at this point but not Javonte. Sorry to be the wet blanket on this one. JM is a guy that needs to be rostered, but backed in a corner with Javonte on your roster and JM available on the WW? No one else to drop? You'd be crazy to let JW go.
I don't think he was insinuating to drop Williams, just that he isn't really sure about his health ROS and from what he's seen of both in practice he'd rather roster Jaleel. Don't know about all that other stuff but he's obviously seen way more of both RBs in practice than me. Just thought it was interesting, that's all. Especially since there are probably a lot of people who wouldn't waste a bid on Jaleel but would probably empty their clip if Williams was somehow on the ww. I've got both and have only gotten 4 sub 10 pt weeks from Williams and would like to see what Jaleel could do with the same usage at some point.
Based on your post Cecil said he'd rather roster Jaleel over Javonte if he only had one roster spot.

I'm not an insider but I do have direct and indirect connections inside the organization and not at a low level. Javonte is the guy. The knee injury and continued rehab to 100% is playing a roll in all of this.

That said they do also love Jaleel and the energy, attitude and work ethic he brings. In a perfect world both will get plenty of work, and both will be valuable to the Broncos and your fantasy team. If Jaleel were a bit more physical, I could see him in a Kamara roll, but he's not. I put his ceiling somewhere between Reggie Bush/Darren Sproles. Not half bad. He should be rostered in every league.
Darren Sproles w No or Sproles with Philly? That's a high ceiling for what he did in NO
NO, but that’s a ceiling so slim odds. Durability would be an unknown if he ever gets that type of work but he has a similar skill set. He’s got NFL talent. Last Sunday was a glimpse, but we also need to remember it was vs the Bears so we need to keep expectations in check. Javonte is the horse but Jaleel can be a great complement.

Users who are viewing this thread