What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RBs to Exploit and Avoid Week 8 (1 Viewer)

Great writeup as usual :goodposting:Dont forget sjax had finger surgery, not sure if it matters or not though.
Surgery was on a finger on his left hand. He carries the ball in his right hand. Steven has said all week here in STL that this is not a problem for him. I tend to believe it. Now, whether you start him or sit him is up to you but I would not sit him just because of his finger.

Tampa Bay (4-2) at Arizona (3-3) (-3) (39.5)

Tampa Bay is really not a great football team, not nearly as sound as Raheem Morris would like you to believe however they are going to face Max Hall who is absolutely the worst starting QB in the NFL right now. He looked like a HS reject last week in Seattle. The Bucs unfortunately give up huge amounts of rushing yards per week including 201, 149, 212, and 161 the past 4 weeks…OUCH!!!

LaGarrette Blount – I probably spelled it wrong but Blount had 10/72 a weeks ago. Cadillac cannot do much except catch the ball which actually he is pretty good at and should be switched to the slot WR on this club. AZ is not very good at stopping the run with 133+ rushing yards in 4 of their last 5 games but look for Josh Freeman to take to the air this week and the Bucs to do most of their damage throwing the ball.
That apparently was their plan last week against St. Louis in the 1st half. They looked pretty poor doing it. Freeman was running from Chris Long on seemingly every play. Second half they came out running the rock and looked dominant against a middle of the road run defense. In spite of shooting themselves in the foot with penalties they surely saw that this was the strength of their offense. They should use the run to setup the pass and not the other way around. After the game Morris praised Blount.

I would hope that Morris sees that Blount and the run game is the key to his offense against the 26th ranked run defense. I don't see how Blount isn't a green this week.

Only caution flag I see here is some injuries in their offensive line.

good job mop

dont let a few ### clowns bumm you out
I wasn't bummed, just loved the Lebron commercial...why do I get the feeling not everyone has seen it?Link
:mellow:
Hey BL,Just wanted to tell you that you inparticular were one poster that inspired me this week. You started talking about what Torain had done the past 3-4 weeks and breaking down the Chicago defense and I'm like...I can do better. Not better than you of course, but I used that model for many of the game write ups this week and went over the past 3-4 weeks for several of the teams.

Thanks

-MOP
Thanks, always enjoy your weekly thread.re: Lynch and his lack of burst...seems like that has pretty much always been the case, no? I could be wrong, but I owned him back in his rookie year and he has always been a guy who picks his way slowly toward the hole, looking for a seam to get through. Not comparing him talent or production wise, but the style is a bit like Emmitt Smith (who nobody ever accused of being fast). He glides along behind his blocking until he can find a crease to slip through. He doesn't initiate contact, but he can break arm tackles. It never really looks impressive because he doesn't explode through to the next level. But at the end of the game, you realize he's been moving the chains all day.

I doubt anyone is gonna ride him to a championship, but he's not a bad RB2 option.

I have no idea what kinda crap you tossed out last week, but the whole LeBron thing had me in stitches man, nice! ...even if we have a very different opinion on that commercial (it's the absolute worst). That thing is right up there with Nike's Earl Woods' channeling. But whatever, good stuff big fella. :(

I haven't read all of it but I did go to the SEA/OAK game and you need to pick a side with McFadden for crying out loud.

"Explosive is the word I would use right now. He is catching a lot of defenses off guard and I think he might be the 1st back to really blow thru some of Seattle's rush defense."
So, he is explosive and might be the first back to really blow thru Seattle's rush d, yet all the while you have him in black, so what you are saying is you don't believe he will, all the while covering your ###, in case he goes off again.Look, Ministry of Gruden, we don't pay you the big bucks to straddle the fences here, take a stand fruit cake! :lmao:

Time for Jamaal Charles to break out. He's been inches away from a couple 60-70-80 yarders, the Bills don't look to have the guys who can make those shoestring tackles. 17 carries, 150 yards, 1 TD. Let's go.

Now that Brown has practiced fully and reportedly looks and feels great, what do you expect to happen withh the Indy backfield?

good job mopdont let a few ### clowns bumm you out
:lmao: You have the most popular weekly thread, everyone reads it, we all have opinions, and people blast you for what you say???? If they dont like your opinions, just go to the matchups. You have every right to write what you want. Don't let these people bum you out. If they dont like what you say, tell them don't read your threads.
I agree 100% keep up the good work my man

Hey MOP,

Love the work you do in the SP. I consider your threads required reading -- and a large part of that IS because of your personal touch and thoughts. As someone mentioned earlier, you have a gift. Don't alter the course just because of a few a-holes with nothing better to do than #####... 'Nuff said, please press on as always!

Back to the RB issue at hand, what of Donald Brown now out of Indy? Now he is moving up on the FBG Sheets and others... This from Sportsline:

Colts RB Donald Brown [hamstring] came through Friday's practice in relatively good shape, according to coach Jim Caldwell. Brown has missed the last three games. "He did well. He came through [the practice] and he feels good today," Caldwell said. "He feels really good." Brown is questionable for the Monday night game against the Texans, which are ranked 14th against the run and have allowed an average of 20 Fantasy points to opposing RBs on the season, after practicing in full on Saturday. The Colts listed starter Joseph Addai as doubtful for the game.

(Updated 10/30/2010).

Fantasy Analysis

Brown sounds like he could get on the field on Monday night for the first time in three weeks. With Joseph Addai unlikely to play and Mike Hart a healthy but inexperienced choice, Brown could see around 12 to 15 touches against a Houston run defense that's allowed over 100 yards per game on average and six rushing touchdowns this year. Brown's never had a big game against the Texans, but he's never had an opportunity like this. Consider him a No. 3 RB or flex option as it appears as if he'll play on Monday.

Your thoughts, Sir? Thx as always! :thumbup:

coltsnut said:
you like Lynch or Stewart this week MOP? All the experts say Stew but I can't get myself to do it
I don't like Stew until I see hyim produce. Lynch is assured a lot oftouches and Oakland is just kind of OK on defense.

Stewart was another guy you all thought highly of. It's early for sure but 4 for 1 in the 1st quarter...oof. Maybe he can get it cranked up in the 2nd half.

Last edited by a moderator:
you like Lynch or Stewart this week MOP? All the experts say Stew but I can't get myself to do it
I don't like Stew until I see hyim produce. Lynch is assured a lot oftouches and Oakland is just kind of OK on defense.
It made sense on paper, eh?Seattle + road game = DEFTAI

No to BMW, no to their RBs, no to their DST

DEFTAI
Seadogs are back to rolling over on the road. I'm amazed Oakland was able to put back to back wins together like this. They have a real chance in the AFC West, much like KC they have an ultrasoft schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread