What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Real College Bowl Pick'em- $50 entry (1 Viewer)

derek245583

Footballguy
Its that time of year again

$50 entry fee and will pay out all of the money obviously. Hoping to get more than last year, which is why I dropped the fee a little bit. Multiple entries are welcome.

We will pay out based on how many spots enter. Once the spreads come out for the games, I will send out the spreadsheet with all of the games and spreads we will be picking. Tiebreakers are BCS games correct, then total points in the championship game.

Last year the winners were:

EoMMan- $800

GM- $250

My email and paypal is derek.boesken@gmail.com

Paypal a few extra bucks if it wont let you send a gift.

I am setting the league up on a website this year.

http://poolhost.com/index.asp?page=main.asp

Poolhost.com

For the Pool's Login Name type: FFA2011

For the Pool's Password type: joebryant

Once you paypal your entry fee, I will put you on the LIST.

Last year we had 14 participants. Shooting for 30 this year.

1)Derek245583

2)Unlucky

3)EastCoastBias

4)Texasheat

5)Themeanmachine

6)Timschochet

7)GreenGuy

8)Garret

9)BRONG

10)guru_007

11)Tat

12)The Ref

13)Bryan11Joseph

14)GeneralMalaise

15)Keys

16)ManintheBox

17)The Real Hipster Doofus

18)ArbyMelt

19)Getzlaf15

20)ThePrince

21)Nipbac

22)Cosjobs

23)TigerFan

24)eoMMan

25)Shake Zula

26)Chase Stuart

27)doowain

28)cheese

29)Pnishtm

30)Comfortably Numb

31)aj2448

32)tribicalledjeff

33)Kubes

34)Fast_Eddie

35)Cos's Wife

Last edited by a moderator:
pick against the spread only, or does this one include "confidence" points?

Just pick against the spread...I think it would be entertaining to rock the confidence points, but I can see how some people dont want to do that.

If we wanted confidence points, how about "units" instead, allowing people to put 1, 2, or 3 units on each game?

PM or email your email address so I can get the spreadsheet of the spreads out once they are all up.

I just saw a bunch of them up, so it may be sooner than you think.

Just pick against the spread...I think it would be entertaining to rock the confidence points, but I can see how some people dont want to do that.
I'm probably in either way, but confidance points are way more fun.
#### it, lets do confidence points.
With 30+ bowl games, I'd rather not rank my picks from 1 to 30. With point spreads, I can't say that I'm 30 times more likely to like a certain line than another line. Any chance of assigning a value of 1 to 3 for each game, or even 1 to 5? This is where the skill lies. Also, I am assuming here that everyone isn't just totaling up correct points, but rather subtracting the incorrect picks and their value.

I'm probably in either way, but confidance points are way more fun.
#### it, lets do confidence points.
With 30+ bowl games, I'd rather not rank my picks from 1 to 30. With point spreads, I can't say that I'm 30 times more likely to like a certain line than another line. Any chance of assigning a value of 1 to 3 for each game, or even 1 to 5? This is where the skill lies. Also, I am assuming here that everyone isn't just totaling up correct points, but rather subtracting the incorrect picks and their value.
But thats a major part of the fun. Plus you never really know who is in front or if you are really out of it or not.

Edit: in my main college leauge we do a confidance points pool to determine the draft order for the following year so I'm biased. We end up having ALOT of fun with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im in money sent... You should check out Poolhost.com to run this. I use it to run several pools for work. It is easy to use and can be set up real quick. You can set it up to use the points spread or no spread along with the confidance points. It is a free site no charge to use.

Yeah, I don't know what confidence points are either. Please explain, thanks.
There are 35 games so if you think for sure LSU is going to beat Alabama you take LSU with 35 pts. After that you pick your second strongest game for 34pt etc. and work your way down to 1pt which would be your least confident game. I'm not a huge fan of confidence points mainly because I suck and always lose my big pt games. :mellow:

There are 35 games so if you think for sure LSU is going to beat Alabama you take LSU with 35 pts. After that you pick your second strongest game for 34pt etc. and work your way down to 1pt which would be your least confident game. I'm not a huge fan of confidence points mainly because I suck and always lose my big pt games. :mellow:
I see. But are we picking the winner, or the spread?

I see. But are we picking the winner, or the spread?
We are picking vs. the spread. Which is why confidence points is a bad idea. Even the best of us will get 60% right and most will have no idea which games they are more "confident" about. Confidence points is good when there is no spread: you put the higher points on the bigger favorites. To answer someone else's question, last year we submitted all picks before the first game. Then we got a spreadsheet with everyone's picks so we could track it.

Looks like we are going to be making an executive decision today....

Here are the options:

1) Spreads and no confidence points

2) No spreads and confidence points

3) Spreads and confidence points

Cast your votes. Anyone paid already gets a vote. If you pay by the end of the day today, I will allow you to vote. Majority rules.

Voting will close tomorrow night at midnight after the thursday night football game. Then we will go from there.

I will definitely look into using a website to run the pool so people can access picks and standings easily.

CAST YOUR VOTE

Looks like we will easily be able to get a website to host this thing for free...

Need some more votes and I can get this setup and get people all signed up on there.

Looks like we are going to be making an executive decision today....

Here are the options:

1) Spreads and no confidence points

2) No spreads and confidence points

3) Spreads and confidence points

Cast your votes. Anyone paid already gets a vote. If you pay by the end of the day today, I will allow you to vote. Majority rules.

Voting will close tomorrow night at midnight after the thursday night football game. Then we will go from there.

I will definitely look into using a website to run the pool so people can access picks and standings easily.

CAST YOUR VOTE

Is anyone not going to have Boise 35 and Ok 34 if we don't use spreads. every game with a spread of > 7 is going to be meaningless. 2 isn't even a real option IMHO.

notes from the peanut gallery...

it would probably be a good idea to square away how exactly this is going to be run prior to people sending money

also, maybe we should confirm that funds need to be delivered by this weekend if you want to commit to doing this? I don't want to be a part of this (or any) pool with people not paying and making picks.

I'm not going to vote because I'm not going to send money until these are decided. I'll check back in tomorrow to see what kind of pool Derek is running and will send funds if in tomorrow.

eff city :towelwave:

notes from the peanut gallery...it would probably be a good idea to square away how exactly this is going to be run prior to people sending moneyalso, maybe we should confirm that funds need to be delivered by this weekend if you want to commit to doing this? I don't want to be a part of this (or any) pool with people not paying and making picks. I'm not going to vote because I'm not going to send money until these are decided. I'll check back in tomorrow to see what kind of pool Derek is running and will send funds if in tomorrow.eff city :towelwave:
:goodposting: I don't want to get in if we are doing confidence points.

notes from the peanut gallery...it would probably be a good idea to square away how exactly this is going to be run prior to people sending moneyalso, maybe we should confirm that funds need to be delivered by this weekend if you want to commit to doing this? I don't want to be a part of this (or any) pool with people not paying and making picks. I'm not going to vote because I'm not going to send money until these are decided. I'll check back in tomorrow to see what kind of pool Derek is running and will send funds if in tomorrow.eff city :towelwave:
:goodposting: I don't want to get in if we are doing confidence points.
Well, I want as many people as possible in this thing...but it sounds like everyone has differing opinions on what we should do.I can see why people wanna do confidence points, but I want to appease the masses.I am fine with anything, I just want to have something to root for with all the bowl games.

What's the deal with the spread? Do we make all the picks at once? Are the lines locked in? Can we change picks?

Don't care all that much, just want to understand the rules.

What's the deal with the spread? Do we make all the picks at once? Are the lines locked in? Can we change picks? Don't care all that much, just want to understand the rules.
I am going in to set one up right now...I will see what the system allows and report back with the league rules.

Its that time of year again

$50 entry fee and will pay out all of the money obviously. Hoping to get more than last year, which is why I dropped the fee a little bit. Multiple entries are welcome.

We will pay out based on how many spots enter. Once the spreads come out for the games, I will send out the spreadsheet with all of the games and spreads we will be picking. Tiebreakers are BCS games correct, then total points in the championship game.

Last year the winners were:

EoMMan- $800

GM- $250 My email and paypal is derek.boesken@gmail.com
:bowtie: :bowtie: :bowtie: :bowtie: :bowtie:

Poolhost.com

Private Pool

To Join the pool you need to enter the Pool's Login Name and the Pool's Password.

For the Pool's Login Name type: FFA2011

For the Pool's Password type: joebryant

The tiebreaker in the rules on there says its points in the national title game...

That will be our secondary tie breaker. # of BCS games picked correctly will be first tie breaker.

Just an FYI

Users who are viewing this thread