What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Recommend a 4 player family game (1 Viewer)

Probably can't find this game, but if you do it is awesome for kids ages 7-15

Whoonu

If you can find a used copy on Ebay or wherever it is worth it.

We've been playing Monopoly Jr with my 6yo son and 2yo daughter (although she play's on my team).

This game is for morons. And somehow- which is what we tried to rig when we first started playing- my son always wins. He hasn't lost a single game... and it's tearing my competitive insides up. Little lucky ####er.

Just got The Settlers of Catan. We will probably play it tonight. Anyone have an opinion on an 8yo playing? Should he be on my team or should he be able to handle his own team?
How many people are playing? You need 3 for Settlers
3 or 4 depending on whether my son plays with me or not. My 12yo daughter will have her own team.
Just played this game for the first time this weekend with the wife and another couple. Very fun. I had forgotten how fun a simple board game could be - but I'm sure the case and a half of beer that we drank during it helped. Very much recommended for any age.

Just got The Settlers of Catan. We will probably play it tonight. Anyone have an opinion on an 8yo playing? Should he be on my team or should he be able to handle his own team?
3 or 4 depending on whether my son plays with me or not. My 12yo daughter will have her own team.
Just played this game for the first time this weekend with the wife and another couple. Very fun. I had forgotten how fun a simple board game could be - but I'm sure the case and a half of beer that we drank during it helped. Very much recommended for any age.
With the expansion pack, a 5 or 6 person game is a blast as well.

I've never gotten to play it with 4 good cutthroat players yet, though. I think it could be a great game with 4-6 really serious players.

With the expansion pack, a 5 or 6 person game is a blast as well.

I've never gotten to play it with 4 good cutthroat players yet, though. I think it could be a great game with 4-6 really serious players.
Was just learning how to play it Friday night. My wife and the female from the other couple were also just learning the game. The only one of us who had played it before did so only sparingly and we had to look at the rules a few times when questions came up. After 3 round, though, we were all getting pretty serious about it. Lots of "I'll give you wood for..." jokes.

I've heard really good things about the Game of Thrones board games from a lot of poker player friends. Not sure it would be so great for kids but for adults the strategy element of it is supposedly really good. Also, if you have not played it yet, the Battlestar Gallactica board game is pretty much werewolf on steroids.

all age appropriate

• Electronic Catch Phrase
  • Password
  • Beat the Parents
  • Apples to Apples
  • Would you Rather (PG Rated one)
  • Uno

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread