What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Redraft: First 2 Rounds do over after 5 weeks (1 Viewer)

BobbyLayne

Footballguy
We could discuss this one or post your own. Heard this 2-round mock draft today and while it’s not exactly how I would rank my Top 24 or even ROS ranks, thought it was interesting.

0.5 PPR 1 QB 5 pt passing

ROUND 1
  1. RB Barkley
  2. WR Kupp
  3. WR Jefferson
  4. RB McCaffrey
  5. QB Allen
  6. RB Henry
  7. WR Diggs
  8. RB Chubb
  9. RB Taylor
  10. RB Ekeler
  11. WR Hill
  12. TE Kelce
ROUND 2
  1. TE Andrews
  2. QB Hurts
  3. RB Cook
  4. RB Hall
  5. RB Mixon
  6. WR Chase
  7. RB Kamara
  8. RB Fournette
  9. RB Swift
  10. WR Adams
  11. QB Jackson
  12. WR AJ Brown
Aaron Jones, CeeDee Lamb, Deebo Samuel, Amon-Ra St Brown are my honorable mention and more likely actual picks as many prefer waiting on QBs.

Given how much stud QBs have outperformed stud RBs this year, maybe consider Justin Herbert as well. If you believe Kyler’s PPG is going to jump 3-5 PPG…maybe even one more QB.

Whachagot?

Good topic. Kelce actually went third overall in my local 10 teamer which I couldn't believe at the time and wouldn't personally have done. Now, think he's worthy of being picked probably in the 6-8 range, maybe higher? I'd have Adams a little higher as well. Kamara not really worthy of being in the top 2 rounds. Other than that, quite a good list and something I always do in my own mind for a few weeks post-draft.

Famous Jamis is coming back soon to chuck desperation balls to Olave and ignore the easy completion.

Jameis is going to be on a short leash the way New Orleans was in games with Dalton and Hill. But I see what you're saying. Kamara comes with a whole bunch of question marks.

Come to think of it, jacobs really deserves to be on the list. I didn't realize he was omitted. Fournette has got to be ahead of Kamara, especially if we're retroactively applying their scores.If we're not, then my redraft do-over would look a lot like my pre-season rankings, frankly. It's Week Six, but I'm not sure the sample size allows us to predict future performance.

Come to think of it, jacobs really deserves to be on the list. I didn't realize he was omitted. Fournette has got to be ahead of Kamara, especially if we're retroactively applying their scores.If we're not, then my redraft do-over would look a lot like my pre-season rankings, frankly. It's Week Six, but I'm not sure the sample size allows us to predict future performance.

How about your rounds 4-5 :wink:

I went JJ -> Barkley

So far no ragrets

I went Diggs and then Barkley from the 9 position (12 teams)
Feels good. Real good.
Went hard on the "Barkley is done" train.

Egg meet face.
We’ve all been there. You can see me evolving on it as the summer went along & camp reports were coming out.

There’s one post where I basically said, lord help me, I’m starting to feel like Barkley’s a good 2nd round pick”.

J
D. Pierce is missing…

Our redraft first two rounds (full PPR) had
  • 14 RBs (8 in the 1st)
  • 8 WRs (4 in each)
  • 1 TE
  • 1QB
That seems fairly standard.

Looking at consensus ADP for PPR of this site: 14 RB, 8 WR, 2 TE, 0 QB

A popular competitor for 0.5 PPR: same as ours, 14-8-1-1

What would your after 5 weeks redo look like?

mine (full PPR):
  1. Barkley
  2. CMC
  3. Kupp
  4. Ekeler
  5. JT
  6. JJ
  7. Cook
  8. Diggs
  9. Chubb
  10. Switft
  11. Kamara
  12. Kelce

1. Allen
  2. Mixon
  3. Adams
  4. Henry
  5. Lamb
  6. Fournette
  7. Hill
  8. Hall
  9. Samuel
  10. Jacobs
  11. Andrews
  12. Aaron Jones

I went JJ -> Barkley

So far no ragrets

I went Diggs and then Barkley from the 9 position (12 teams)
Feels good. Real good.
Went hard on the "Barkley is done" train.

Egg meet face.

I heard all of the rave reviews coming out of camp and just decided to believe them. For the record, I did have the RBs ranked "Kamara, Barkley, Jones" for potential second round targets. Kamara went off the board with the first pick of the second round in my draft.

How about your rounds 4-5 :wink:
That's where it looks like I whiffed - took 3 second round guys and took a free fall in the mid-rounds apparently thanks to Ezekiel Elliott and Brandin Cooks.

Draft based on VBD (actual draft position) for my league:
Round 1
Allen (22)
Chubb (13)
Kelce (20)
Kupp (7)
Barkley (23)
Diggs (19)
Hurts (62)
Jefferson (9)
Henry (3)
Mahommes (40)
Ekeler (2)
Jacobs (37)

Round 2
Andrews (26)
Hill (28)
LJackson (53)
McCaffrey (4)
Adams (16)
Fournette (18)
Wentz (176)
Pierce (73)
MBrown (72)
Waddle (76)
Sanders (63)
Hall (45)

Round 1
Allen (22)
Chubb (13)
Kelce (20)
Kupp (7)
Barkley (23)
Diggs (19)
Hurts (62)
Jefferson (9)
Henry (3)
Mahommes (40)
Ekeler (2)
Jacobs (37)

Round 2
Andrews (26)
Hill (28)
LJackson (53)
McCaffrey (4)
Adams (16)
Fournette (18)
Wentz (176)
Pierce (73)
MBrown (72)
Waddle (76)
Sanders (63)
Hall (45)
I noticed that Wentz was the 6th overall qb in my league as I was trying to get /anyone else/ off the waiver to fill his spot on my roster. I can't recall having a player score so well as a starter on my roster and having so little faith in his ability.

Round 1
Allen (22)
Chubb (13)
Kelce (20)
Kupp (7)
Barkley (23)
Diggs (19)
Hurts (62)
Jefferson (9)
Henry (3)
Mahommes (40)
Ekeler (2)
Jacobs (37)

Round 2
Andrews (26)
Hill (28)
LJackson (53)
McCaffrey (4)
Adams (16)
Fournette (18)
Wentz (176)
Pierce (73)
MBrown (72)
Waddle (76)
Sanders (63)
Hall (45)
I noticed that Wentz was the 6th overall qb in my league as I was trying to get /anyone else/ off the waiver to fill his spot on my roster. I can't recall having a player score so well as a starter on my roster and having so little faith in his ability.
It is odd isnt it.

I went back and looked at my work league draft. I drafted 10 of 10 and took Lamb/Adams at the turn...it's like a .25 ppr.....Chubb was still there for me in the 3rd! 😆. The draft happens today he's a top 3 pick

I used to be in a league where the league didn't start until after week 2. We would do the draft on that Tuesday before the next weeks game.

It was awesome and a lot of fun.

J
D. Pierce is missing…

Our redraft first two rounds (full PPR) had
  • 14 RBs (8 in the 1st)
  • 8 WRs (4 in each)
  • 1 TE
  • 1QB
That seems fairly standard.

Looking at consensus ADP for PPR of this site: 14 RB, 8 WR, 2 TE, 0 QB

A popular competitor for 0.5 PPR: same as ours, 14-8-1-1

What would your after 5 weeks redo look like?

mine (full PPR):
  1. Barkley
  2. CMC
  3. Kupp
  4. Ekeler
  5. JT
  6. JJ
  7. Cook
  8. Diggs
  9. Chubb
  10. Switft
  11. Kamara
  12. Kelce

1. Allen
  2. Mixon
  3. Adams
  4. Henry
  5. Lamb
  6. Fournette
  7. Hill
  8. Hall
  9. Samuel
  10. Jacobs
  11. Andrews
  12. Aaron Jones
Over Mixon and Kamara (For not the same reasons, obviously.)

Last edited:
Against conventional wisdom but I’d really want to take cooper kupp #1 overall. Just feels like he has high level consistent production and is less risky

I know things might change when Hopkins returns but Hollywood brown might be a late 2 early 3 redraft selection. Tons of targets.

Users who are viewing this thread