What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reggie Bush WILL NOT work out at the combine (1 Viewer)

Texasmouth

Footballguy
I dont think Vince Young has anything to prove. I dont think Lienart has anything to prove. As soon as it was reported that neither guy would throw at the combine, everyone was on here ripping them.

Well, the golden Boy Reggie Bush isn't going to participate at all in the combine.....where is everyone at to rip him?

He has nothing to gain from going to the combine. I agree with that. VY and Lienart have nothing to gain either in my opinion.

I dont think Vince Young has anything to prove. I dont think Lienart has anything to prove.
Some question Leinart's arm strength, but I agree he has little to prove. Almost everyone thinks he's NFL ready.Not much to question about Bush, other than size, and whether he's 195 or 207 might not matter much come draft day.

More question Young and his ability to throw (mechanics, delivery etc.), deservedly or not.

I have heard that Young could be dropping so he'd be the only it would help, but a personal workout should suffice.

These days it seems the top echelon rarely go to the combine anymore, at least for skill position players.

After just reading that he's been putting on weight (purposefully).... I'd think he would be obliged to work out at the combine and show everyone that he can do everything he does every bit as fast at 10 or 15 lbs heavier.

Heck, might even make him a few million dollars richer, too.

After just reading that he's been putting on weight (purposefully).... I'd think he would be obliged to work out at the combine and show everyone that he can do everything he does every bit as fast at 10 or 15 lbs heavier.

he's gained between 2 and 5 pounds according to the Peter King story and what he weighed at the Rose Bowl.

How so? It would only mean anything if he went from a #2 or lower to #1. Personally, I think he's already a lock for #1.

How so? It would only mean anything if he went from a #2 or lower to #1. Personally, I think he's already a lock for #1.
I meant it might be able to provide potentially more leverage in the contract negotiations for his agent to be able to get him more money as the top pick.

Last edited:
I meant it might be able to provide potentially more leverage in the contract negotiations for his agent to be able to get him more money as the top pick.
Working out at the combine is a lose-lose proposition for Bush and his agent. The guy cannot do better than the #1 spot, which is his at this time. Why risk that by working out in an environment that you cannot control; a different time zone; while sleeping in a strange bed and not necessarily having access to your personal chef and physical support staff?A 40 time at the Combine versus a 40 time, which was recorded at a friendly track in a controlled setting close to home; support group and the like, is not going to make any difference on his top contract salary but it sure as hell could dictate how much less he could get paid. R. Brown did have something to prove last year. Benson and C. Williams were each coming out, as were Smith and Rodgers. A solid or exceptional combine performance by Brown, which he did end up having, could and did impact his draft status. Working out was a potential win-win for Brown. Brown was never considered a lock for the first overall pick, though. He could and did improve his draft status. Bush is currently the consensus number #1 and those guys don't do the Combine. There is nothing for him to prove in Indy. Bush does not need to be there and it would be a bad business decision. He cannot increase his market value but he sure as hell could lower it. Young and his agent learned that the hard way a few weeks back with their comments, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread