What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Regular Season Jibber Jabber/Snap Count Master Thread (4 Viewers)

I agree. I do think that lots of articles, blurbs, etc. tend to stem from the same quote or game, but staying ahead of the curve on this one means the best bet is to add Lee as an end-of-roster stash through camp. If he does keep the starting MLB spot he'll be much more costly once that's announced. Right now all recent articles harp on the production in limited snaps vs. the Lions and mention how he's getting time as the 1 while DJ gets sub-package work. There's always the chance they don't like Lee's coverage skills and he's not a 3 down guy to start the year. Reading the tea leaves, however, I'd say he's likely to get the chance to prove himself early. Banking on youth, and as full disclosure, I've added him in my leagues. 
PFF has been yapping on Twitter that he's been highest rated LB in preseason, so depending on whom your teammates follow, might be time to make a move.  

I just took him really late in a deep roster draft, I'd say 40% of owners know their IDP sheet.

PFF has been yapping on Twitter that he's been highest rated LB in preseason, so depending on whom your teammates follow, might be time to make a move.  

I just took him really late in a deep roster draft, I'd say 40% of owners know their IDP sheet.
Lee who .. which player and situation are we talking about 

Bracie Smathers said:
Jason La Canfora‏Verified account @JasonLaCanfora

FollowFollow @JasonLaCanfora

More

Hearing there could be more trouble ahead for Randy Gregory

8:00 PM - 26 Aug 2018
heard its about he has someone that follows him around and Gregory lost the guy for a few days .. unless they test him and gets a positive report  then hopefully nothing to look into

Kamalei Correa traded to TEN. 

I think this will have zero IDP impact, but he had some flashes from time to time, I hope TEN keeps him at edge/OLB, and think he could help them.  

Kamalei Correa traded to TEN. 

I think this will have zero IDP impact, but he had some flashes from time to time, I hope TEN keeps him at edge/OLB, and think he could help them.  
Given Evans' problems getting, and staying, on the field he could easily become the priority backup to Woodyard and Brown rather quickly.

Shocked they are not putting Whitehead there given DJ’s decline due to age and Lee’s performance to date.
If preseason holds true, Whitehead will be there for sure, question Lee vs. DJ.

Not sure if Lee has beaten out DJ yet, DJ is a 35 year old vet, preseason action was never part of the plan.  Worth keeping an eye on.  

If preseason holds true, Whitehead will be there for sure, question Lee vs. DJ.

Not sure if Lee has beaten out DJ yet, DJ is a 35 year old vet, preseason action was never part of the plan.  Worth keeping an eye on.  

Last time I saw DJ play in the regular season, it looked like he had been stripped of about 2 gears.  I think he’s one of those guys who will just not let go and will end his career unclaimed on waivers.  What a shame

My guess is simple: Gruden is a sappy coach that loves his vets and will give DJ the chance to .... what's the opposite of shine? ... before eventually giving way to Lee.

My guess is simple: Gruden is a sappy coach that loves his vets and will give DJ the chance to .... what's the opposite of shine? ... before eventually giving way to Lee.
this is my thinking as well. It will show itself in the snap counts as well as situational play. DJ should cede those in short order.

Latest blurb on Mack is that he's likely to hold out or become trade bait. Tank Carradine probably gets the value boost if either happens. 
They don't appear to be shopping him and they're not holding any contract talk with him. I thought this team was expecting to contend and I'm not sure how their current strategy on this matter is helping them achieve that. 

They don't appear to be shopping him and they're not holding any contract talk with him. I thought this team was expecting to contend and I'm not sure how their current strategy on this matter is helping them achieve that. 

From what I’ve seen, the Raiders have been so impressed by Arden Key so far that they’re unwilling to break the bank on Mack.

From what I’ve seen, the Raiders have been so impressed by Arden Key so far that they’re unwilling to break the bank on Mack.
Mack is under contract. Reggie doesn't negotiate with players until they show up.  He did the same during the Penn holdout a year ago.  Once Penn showed up he got his extension.  I am sure once Mack shows up they will get a deal done.  In the meantime its just the waiting game.  I doubt Mack will want to miss out on actual game checks.

Mack is under contract. Reggie doesn't negotiate with players until they show up.  He did the same during the Penn holdout a year ago.  Once Penn showed up he got his extension.  I am sure once Mack shows up they will get a deal done.  In the meantime its just the waiting game.  I doubt Mack will want to miss out on actual game checks.
He's earning 800k fines for each preseason game missed so I am not sure game checks are swaying him.  He has zero leverage though, he hasn't made squat yet and the Raiders can FT him twice.  He can earn $50M or so over the next three years but he's not going anywhere the Raiders don't allow him to go.  He has far more to lose right now.

Haha, I wish.

Key has looked very twitchy, bendy. We haven't seen anything other than a few pass rush plays, but he has been pretty impressive.

More important, the beat writers have said he looked legit through camp.

Hankmoody said:
He's earning 800k fines for each preseason game missed so I am not sure game checks are swaying him.  He has zero leverage though, he hasn't made squat yet and the Raiders can FT him twice.  He can earn $50M or so over the next three years but he's not going anywhere the Raiders don't allow him to go.  He has far more to lose right now.
He'll get plenty of leverage if they get embarrassed on primetime week 1 at "home."

Anyone been paying attention to the Skins?  Is Nicholson def the starter over Everett?
I've been paying attention to news but haven't watched any games. Maybe someone has game-tape info...

The most recent is from today. It is still Nicholson's job. Article link.

"Stock down—Safety Deshazor Everett is the primary backup at his position and he will have to tackle better. He missed tackles on plays that gained 45 and 28 yards, failing to even try to wrap up on either play."

Anyone been paying attention to the Skins?  Is Nicholson def the starter over Everett?
Not paid attention myself but going from this.... https://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=2018-eyes-guru-preseason-wk3

"WASHINGTON

If you are looking for a late round sleeper or some safety depth with upside, keep an eye on Washington strong safety Montae Nicholson. He is playing full time and continues to see a good deal of action near the line of scrimmage."

Per Norton dated 8/28

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

FollowingFollowing @RapSheet

More

The #Packers already lost Jake Ryan for the season, and now it’s likely that LB Oren Burks (shoulder) will miss the opener, I’m told. Could miss a week or two after that. But not nearly as serious as originally feared.

How about some end-of-the-roster +/- WW speed dial DE discussion? You like that idea, do you? Well good....

Some are names I keep looking at (and have added in some cases) that carry some upside. Some are names I don't know anything about (that's where you come in, reader!). Feel free to comment on theses guys and/or add your own to the list. 

Kerry Hyder & Anthony Zettel DET - Hyder seems like there's some upside but is he 100% and has he secured the starting gig over Zettel?

Vinny Curry TB - He's shown skills but never been dominant. Yesterday's news puts Spence on the roster bubble. Is Gholston a threat or is Curry criminally underrated with the talent TB has on the DL now? 

Cam Wake MIA - Pass. He's on record early in the preseason news cycle stating he's fine with a rotational/situational type status. 

Branden Jackson SEA - The sky is blue, Dion Jordan is hurt. Does this guy have any value? Seems pretty JAGgy to me.

Arik Armstead SF - Starting DE in a 4 man front but hasn't ever lived up to his measurables or draft status. Pass, right?

Brooks Reed & Takk McKinley ATL - Takk is a guy you have to love and root for.... but like DET, I have no idea if there's a clear cut starter or they'll rotate.

Shaq Lawson & Trent Murphy BUF - Boy Lawson is a kid that just hasn't lived up to his status. Is he an easy drop? Wait... more? Murphy is JAGgy, too... is anyone bothering with this guy?

Last edited by a moderator:
How about some end-of-the-roster +/- WW speed dial DE discussion? You like that idea, do you? Well good....

Some are names I keep looking at (and have added in some cases) that carry some upside. Some are names I don't know anything about (that's where you come in, reader!). Feel free to comment on theses guys and/or add your own to the list. 

Kerry Hyder & Anthony Zettel DET - Hyder seems like there's some upside but is he 100% and has he secured the starting gig over Zettel?

Vinny Curry TB - He's shown skills but never been dominant. Yesterday's news puts Spence on the roster bubble. Is Gholston a threat or is Curry criminally underrated with the talent TB has on the DL now? 

Cam Wake MIA - Pass. He's on record early in the preseason news cycle stating he's fine with a rotational/situational type status. 

Branden Jackson SEA - The sky is blue, Dion Jordan is hurt. Does this guy have any value? Seems pretty JAGgy to me.

Arik Armstead SF - Starting DE in a 4 man front but hasn't ever lived up to his measurables or draft status. Pass, right?

Brooks Reed & Takk McKinley ATL - Takk is a guy you have to love and root for.... but like DET, I have no idea if there's a clear cut starter or they'll rotate.

Shaq Lawson & Trent Murphy BUF - Boy Lawson is a kid that just hasn't lived up to his status. Is he an easy drop? Wait... more? Murphy is JAGgy, too... is anyone bothering with this guy?

Hendrickson in NO is supposed to have had a stellar PS/TC while Davenport has been struggling.  Okafor is in the mix too for the one DE spot, but I liked Hendrickson coming out last year.

I rostered Murphy in 2 leagues. One has minimal IDP scorimg, the other hefty IDP scoring. He's one season removed from (I think) 9 sacks as a 3-4 OLB. I'll defer to people with more IDP expertise than I but I've  read he was miscast as a 3-4 OLB?

Anyways, rolling the dice a bit because it's not easy finding DE production in 16 team leafues.

So weird.  The only 2 DE the Bengals sat on game 4 was Dunlap and Johnson.

And those two started every other pre season game.

*It frees up $4.98 million in cap space  ;)

Hendrickson in NO is supposed to have had a stellar PS/TC while Davenport has been struggling.  Okafor is in the mix too for the one DE spot, but I liked Hendrickson coming out last year.
Good call. 2 guys worth watching. I have dropped Hendrickson already but will be keeping a close eye on this situation. Feels like too many mouths to feed atm.

I rostered Murphy in 2 leagues. One has minimal IDP scorimg, the other hefty IDP scoring. He's one season removed from (I think) 9 sacks as a 3-4 OLB. I'll defer to people with more IDP expertise than I but I've  read he was miscast as a 3-4 OLB?

Anyways, rolling the dice a bit because it's not easy finding DE production in 16 team leafues.
Definitely a good flier in 16 teamers. Another guy I'll be ready to add quick if he has a good snap count early. Lawson seems like a drop to me. Really wish I'd taken the 3rd someone offered last year.

A starting RDE that gets removed nearly every passing situation.  :bag:
lol... yeah, that seems to be the wrap on him in articles I've seen. The DE equivalent of 2 down thumper ... pass. 

Thanks all.

.... no input on Curry... are you all watching him and being purposely quiet? :D  

Colts cut John Simon, who IMO was their best IDP this preseason, although admittedly that's not a high bar :D .  Newspaper said he was a casualty of the Colts switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and they thought he was too undersized to play 16 games at DE in a 4-3 and didn't fit at ILB either.  Will be curious to see if anyone picks him up.

Colts cut John Simon, who IMO was their best IDP this preseason, although admittedly that's not a high bar :D .  Newspaper said he was a casualty of the Colts switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and they thought he was too undersized to play 16 games at DE in a 4-3 and didn't fit at ILB either.  Will be curious to see if anyone picks him up.
I was considering picking up up either him or the rookie Turay during final auction. I couldn't decide which one to go with so I went a different direction anyway. I'll be making a play for Turay off waivers next week. 

PlayaHata said:
Pittsburgh would be a good spot for him to fall into

Reports are that Johnson resigned with the Bengals for the exact same $$$ as his previous contract.
As a Willis owner, this doesn't make me happy. I can see Johnson still getting snaps, even though they should be giving them to the younger guys. 

I'm all-in on Bruce Irvin with the Mack trade (DE-eligible on Yahoo!). I also note the OAK coaches are extremely high on Arden Key, who is also DE.

In my leagues, which are not especially sophisticated in terms of tweaking "standard" scoring, finding a DL who can give me 8 points per week is solid gold.

I'm all-in on Bruce Irvin with the Mack trade (DE-eligible on Yahoo!). I also note the OAK coaches are extremely high on Arden Key, who is also DE.

In my leagues, which are not especially sophisticated in terms of tweaking "standard" scoring, finding a DL who can give me 8 points per week is solid gold.
I was just going to post the same thing, he’s available on my league WW, I guess he was listed as a LB previously?

Yahoo is pretty great (or terrible, depending on your perspective) at that. Mack is probably going to retain DE eligibility too. I don't have a list of their biggest potential exploits this year but I'm sure there are quite a few names. This is the same site that let owners roll Bucannon at DB and infamously had Marques Colston at TE. 

Yahoo is pretty great (or terrible, depending on your perspective) at that. Mack is probably going to retain DE eligibility too. I don't have a list of their biggest potential exploits this year but I'm sure there are quite a few names. This is the same site that let owners roll Bucannon at DB and infamously had Marques Colston at TE. 
Nothing in the to-be-written history of Fantasy Football will ever top the Colston scam.

Chubb is DE-eligible while Miller is not is one curiousity, as I believe they play the same position on different sides of the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread