What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Remote Part Time Work From Home options? (1 Viewer)

houston

Footballguy
I'm looking for some supplemental income and would love to find something I can do on my schedule from the comforts of home.

What have you or your friends/family had luck with?

Detailed, diligent work doesn't bother me. Would like to find something that could offer 10+ hours per week at a pay of $30+ per hour.

I did similar work about a year ago, but found the expectations/direction of the google site analysis tough to follow, and found the pay very low.

Save the onlyfans, day trading jokes please!

Thanks for any good suggestions!

Finding $30 per hour for only about 10 hours a week is going to be pretty sparse (I mean break that down to a full time salary and its about $62k a year...part time isn't offering that type of thing without some specialty/experties) . Probably looking more at $20/hour or less often with looking out there at most jobs for that little amount of time.

Go on Tiktok, there are plenty of suggestions for side-hustles and so forth. Just be aware a lot of them are people just trying to sell you their course or training packet.

I just retired 8/1. I plan on putting several things in place starting 9/1. I have collected cards for over 30 years and my wife says it is time to SELL some. Much to her dismay, my 19 year old daughter and I just bought a larger collection of non-sports cards last week--stuff like Star Wars cards from the 70's, early TMNT, Pokemon and other such deck playing games like Jihad and Star Trek. We are currently inventorying the 100,000 plus cards sitting in my living room from this purchase and will begin listing on several different auction platforms I also have over a million cards in my basement that I am sure I can part with some.. :lol:

I also plan on reselling. Educate yourself on certain products, search the stores and find them on clearance. Go to garage sales or estate sales and resell these items for a profit, I having recently gotten into Lego collecting and I am always looking for deals on it.

On-line surveys can make you some passive money--I mean we are talking $75-$80 a week--so not a ton.

There are some email programs that I am looking at such as Cliqly. that supposedly can make you some decent coin.

I am 54 so I am just basically looking to make a little to feed my bad habits, but if I can throw some extra money to get our mortgage gone quicker--that is a bonus.

Go on Tiktok, there are plenty of suggestions for side-hustles and so forth. Just be aware a lot of them are people just trying to sell you their course or training packet.

I just retired 8/1. I plan on putting several things in place starting 9/1. I have collected cards for over 30 years and my wife says it is time to SELL some. Much to her dismay, my 19 year old daughter and I just bought a larger collection of non-sports cards last week--stuff like Star Wars cards from the 70's, early TMNT, Pokemon and other such deck playing games like Jihad and Star Trek. We are currently inventorying the 100,000 plus cards sitting in my living room from this purchase and will begin listing on several different auction platforms I also have over a million cards in my basement that I am sure I can part with some.. :lol:

I also plan on reselling. Educate yourself on certain products, search the stores and find them on clearance. Go to garage sales or estate sales and resell these items for a profit, I having recently gotten into Lego collecting and I am always looking for deals on it.

On-line surveys can make you some passive money--I mean we are talking $75-$80 a week--so not a ton.

There are some email programs that I am looking at such as Cliqly. that supposedly can make you some decent coin.

I am 54 so I am just basically looking to make a little to feed my bad habits, but if I can throw some extra money to get our mortgage gone quicker--that is a bonus.
54 and retired is an awesome accomplishment. Congratulations. I would love to retire at 60. 64 or more is probably more realistic. 😐

$30+/hr was likely too aggressive and was just me spitballing a number. What I did previously was just under $15/hr and I found that way too low for the work. Sounds like $20-25 is the sweet spot.

Could you do technical writing for an engineering company? My wife got into that thinking it would be part time but it turned into a full-time, well-paying job. She does have a ChemE degree and is an excellent writer, though.

Could you do technical writing for an engineering company? My wife got into that thinking it would be part time but it turned into a full-time, well-paying job. She does have a ChemE degree and is an excellent writer, though.
Interesting. I’ve got a business degree/background. I’m a decent writer and have done plenty of writing for email/website marketing/communications.

Officiating isn't quite working from home, but can be a decent side job. Almost all of the sports are looking for it.

How did she get into it?

My wife has a chem e degree and would like a part time job, however she does not want to work full time. Could the technical writing job been part time?

i fast tracked myself into obtaining a TEFL certificate. i guess online teaching can bring in some scrilla. not $30-/hoor scrilla, but scrilla nonetheless. if you have an arena near you, try being a vendor.

How did she get into it?

My wife has a chem e degree and would like a part time job, however she does not want to work full time. Could the technical writing job been part time?
Yes, it can - my wife and her tech writing partner now have one part-time and one temp-to-permanent tech writers working for them.

She got into it the way everyone gets into everything - my boss was walking around the holiday party and stopped to ask if I knew of any tech writers, and I pointed to my wife and said she could do it.

Any place that has engineers writing their manuals would love to free up that engineering time and improve their manuals at the same time. Engineers almost universally overdescribe things and give way more information than an operator needs or wants. A tech writer who writes for the audience of manuals improves things dramatically. One that can read a P&ID (like I assume your wife can) is worth their weight in gold.

My wife started and something like $30/hr as an hourly temp, and now is full time making a noticeably higher salary. She got in assuming it would be part-time work she could do to get back into the workforce, but really enjoys it and is happy it's full time now, and doesn't have any intention of pursuing an engineering position (she's had opportunities).

Becoming a sponsored online reviewer seems like easy money. Getting into Amazon Vines is one route. I think you'd have to write a lot of reviews and then get other people (fake accounts?) to up vote your reviews to be invited. They probably have ways of detecting this. I don't really know anything about Amazon Vines.
It might be better to start a niche website where you review a relatively expensive product. In my city, there is a guy who reviews e-bikes. He receives them for free and then sells them on craigslist/FB after writing his review.

How did she get into it?

Yes, it can - my wife and her tech writing partner now have one part-time and one temp-to-permanent tech writers working for them.

She got into it the way everyone gets into everything - my boss was walking around the holiday party and stopped to ask if I knew of any tech writers, and I pointed to my wife and said she could do it.

Any place that has engineers writing their manuals would love to free up that engineering time and improve their manuals at the same time. Engineers almost universally overdescribe things and give way more information than an operator needs or wants. A tech writer who writes for the audience of manuals improves things dramatically. One that can read a P&ID (like I assume your wife can) is worth their weight in gold.

My wife started and something like $30/hr as an hourly temp, and now is full time making a noticeably higher salary. She got in assuming it would be part-time work she could do to get back into the workforce, but really enjoys it and is happy it's full time now, and doesn't have any intention of pursuing an engineering position (she's had opportunities).

Can they work remote?

Is your wife hiring any additional former chem e's for tech writing?

How did she get into it?

Can they work remote?

Is your wife hiring any additional former chem e's for tech writing?
They were already planning to work remote when Covid hit, now they go into the office about one day per month.

Company just got purchased, hiring hold through the end of the year and a likely reorganization to integrate the two companies...

Users who are viewing this thread