What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Remove shells before consuming" (1 Viewer)

Noticed a new addition to my big bag of pistachios from Costco this week. There's now the following "warning" on the bag:

Remove shells before consuming.

So this is where we're at now. In case anyone was wondering.
Since they stopped dying the shells red, you’d hardly know they’re there.

Noticed a new addition to my big bag of pistachios from Costco this week. There's now the following "warning" on the bag:

I could see someone wanting to eat shells.

The one that is INSANE to me in "Contains Peanuts" on a jar of peanut butter.

I could be wrong about this, but I believe the bold is due to the Cali lawyers who will shoot off demand letters any type a California-required warning label isn't on a product that may be able to be purchased and shipped to Cali.

I could be wrong about this, but I believe the bold is due to the Cali lawyers who will shoot off demand letters any type a California-required warning label isn't on a product that may be able to be purchased and shipped to Cali.

I get it. It is just dumb that you have to say that there are peanuts in peanut butter.

I get it. It is just dumb that you have to say that there are peanuts in peanut butter.
Its dumb you have to do most of these.... Lawerguys amirite

First thing I thought when reading the thread title is a friend of mine who eats steamed shrimp without removing the shells. Who does that?! :oldunsure:
Went to New Orleans and asked the hotel concierge where to go for an authentic meal. She suggested a place and said to get the BBQ Shrimp as it was a New Orleans signature dish. It's served with a ramekin of shrimp covered in a sauce, with the shells and tails still on (no heads though). So I'm attempting to peel the shrimp, getting my fingers covered in this sauce that's staining them red, not to mention the sauce was about 3 degrees below boiling, and the waiter comes by to check on us and starts laughing at me trying to peel these things. Apparently the authentic way to eat them is shell and tail and all, just chomp through the whole thing. :shrug:

First thing I thought when reading the thread title is a friend of mine who eats steamed shrimp without removing the shells. Who does that?! :oldunsure:
Went to New Orleans and asked the hotel concierge where to go for an authentic meal. She suggested a place and said to get the BBQ Shrimp as it was a New Orleans signature dish. It's served with a ramekin of shrimp covered in a sauce, with the shells and tails still on (no heads though). So I'm attempting to peel the shrimp, getting my fingers covered in this sauce that's staining them red, not to mention the sauce was about 3 degrees below boiling, and the waiter comes by to check on us and starts laughing at me trying to peel these things. Apparently the authentic way to eat them is shell and tail and all, just chomp through the whole thing. :shrug:
I've seen tourists try to eat whole crawfish without peeling them, but people put a stop to that pretty quickly. I've never seen anyone try to eat BBQ shrimp without peeling them, nor have I seen them served headless or in a a red sauce. Do you remember which restaurant it was?

I've seen tourists try to eat whole crawfish without peeling them, but people put a stop to that pretty quickly. I've never seen anyone try to eat BBQ shrimp without peeling them, nor have I seen them served headless or in a a red sauce. Do you remember which restaurant it was?
It's been probably 10 years since I did it. I want to say it was somewhere up by Lake Pontchartrain, so north side? Even if you told me the name I probably wouldn't recognize it...
I remember that even though they called them BBQ shrimp they didn't taste anything like BBQ at all. They were delicious though, once I peeled them. Maybe the waiter was messing with me about peeling them because I was making a mess and looked like a tourist...

It's been probably 10 years since I did it. I want to say it was somewhere up by Lake Pontchartrain, so north side? Even if you told me the name I probably wouldn't recognize it...
I remember that even though they called them BBQ shrimp they didn't taste anything like BBQ at all. They were delicious though, once I peeled them. Maybe the waiter was messing with me about peeling them because I was making a mess and looked like a tourist...
Yeah, no telling what they were thinking. I was wondering if they were messing with you too. I and lots of others like to eat the legs off of the shrimp after they are boiled or BBQ'd, but not the whole shell. That's just strange. I also don't know why they are called BBQ, because they are anything but BBQ in any traditional sense. I'm sure someone else can chime in on that, but I've never really even thought about it before today.

:oldunsure: “Don’t iron while wearing”
I actually tried this before an on-campus interview in college, as I was running late and realized my shirt was wrinkly. The ironing works fine and feels kind of nice unless you happen to accidentally touch your bare neck with the iron. Not that I did so. :oldunsure:

Maybe not surprisingly, I did NOT get an internship offer from the interview.

Yeah, no telling what they were thinking. I was wondering if they were messing with you too. I and lots of others like to eat the legs off of the shrimp after they are boiled or BBQ'd, but not the whole shell. That's just strange. I also don't know why they are called BBQ, because they are anything but BBQ in any traditional sense. I'm sure someone else can chime in on that, but I've never really even thought about it before today.
Some people use grilled/BBQ'd interchangeably.

Yeah, but these aren't grilled either. New Orleans Style BBQ Shrimp

(I have never tried that particular recipe, just pasted it here for the cooking process.)

(I have never tried that particular recipe, just pasted it here for the cooking process.)
Wow, that looks and sounds delicious! Now I'm hungry.

Wow, that looks and sounds delicious! Now I'm hungry.
Yeah, I ate shrimp last night.

Lol

Also, make note that you will get your fingers very messy and greasy peeling the shrimp. It’s not pleasant, but it’s unavoidable.

Users who are viewing this thread