What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ren's old crypto thread || we know how to buy this stuff now (1 Viewer)

Being a long time lurker/member of FBGs I thought I would revisit this thread. Yes I still have my TRX and will hold for a healthy profit someday. This is crypto, a lot of these projects will obviously take time and don’t just happen overnight. 

I do however want ‘Regular Guy’ to make a profit on his BAT. Sorry buddy didn’t mean to jump on you like that. Things get a little heated on these boards, I know, I’ve been here since FBGs started.

Being a crypto believer means we are all on the same boat and should stick together to bring this new tech to fruition. We are changing the world with brand new technology and non believers will someday believe once they see what can be done with Blockchain tech. Let’s keep moving forward and one day we will all be rewarded.
my man jake22

EOS has been awesome the last couple of weeks from $8 to $19 making up over half of my crypto portfolio.   Also in ONT and TRX.  Was down about 40 percent, now up 33 percent.   Crazy market, but I think the bears are beaten for now and will be a bull market for crypto for a while. 

Really like EOS, not just for it's short term performance but really think it has long term potential.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll accept $295

I'll pm you my PayPal email so you can pay me
I appreciate that, and it’s fair - I’m not quite ready to accept, and I fully understand the risks in passing right now, so I’m going to give it strong consideration...

Do me a favor and PM me your PayPal - if you see the payment hit, you’ll know I’ve accepted.

jon_mx said:
EOS has been awesome the last couple of weeks from $8 to $19 making up over half of my crypto portfolio.   Also in ONT and TRX.  Was down about 40 percent, now up 33 percent.   Crazy market, but I think the bears are beaten for now and will be a bull market for crypto for a while. 

Really like EOS, not just for it's short term performance but really think it has long term potential.  
I’m with you on EOS, Dan Larimer is one of the best minds in Blockchain. Also holding TRX,  I don’t have a lot, but enough at .07 price entry.

I was reading today that the founder of reddit predicting ETH hits $15k THIS YEAR! LOL. I’m as optimistic about ETH as anyone but that seems aggressive. I’d welcome it though!

@lumpy19

I'm done negotiating, Bitcoin has a 0% chance of getting to $15k by July 1st - you basically need $100 a day, every single day, with no setbacks until July.

Here is my offer - you can pay me $400 today, or I add $2 daily to my offer, until we hit late June and it becomes a flat $500. 

@lumpy19

I'm done negotiating, Bitcoin has a 0% chance of getting to $15k by July 1st - you basically need $100 a day, every single day, with no setbacks until July.

Here is my offer - you can pay me $400 today, or I add $2 daily to my offer, until we hit late June and it becomes a flat $500. 
sounds like a plan

@lumpy19

You’re not very good at probability. ZERO % chance?!! Anyone SO sure of themselves... well, let’s just wait for July. 

You’re not very good at probability. ZERO % chance?!! Anyone SO sure of themselves... well, let’s just wait for July. 
I can let you in on the bet too - Bitcoin, $15k by July 1st... Any price you want, just name it, although you don't have the same credibility as Lumpy, so you'll need to send funds to a trusted poster beforehand. 

I can let you in on the bet too - Bitcoin, $15k by July 1st... Any price you want, just name it, although you don't have the same credibility as Lumpy, so you'll need to send funds to a trusted poster beforehand. 
Ha! No thanks, bro. I’m already quite heavily invested in crypto with a 35% gain. No need to double down for a couple extra hundred bucks. If BTC hits $15k I’ll probably be over 100% gain and if it’s down, then I’d ‘lose’ twice. Totally not worth the risk. 

@lumpy19

If there's one thing we know about bitcoin, it's that it can be extremely volatile and jump hundreds or even thousands of dollars within an incredibly short period of time. And yet you think averaging $100 a day for a couple months is impossible? No wonder you're a joke in the crypto threads.

If there's one thing we know about bitcoin, it's that it can be extremely volatile and jump hundreds or even thousands of dollars within an incredibly short period of time. And yet you think averaging $100 a day for a couple months is impossible? No wonder you're a joke in the crypto threads.
A joke in crypto threads, NOOOOOO!!! Don't know how I'll go on. 

Just to put some actual data behind this. BTC went from a low of 5,400 on 11/12/2017 to ATH of 19,891 on 12/17/2017. A 268% gain in about 5 weeks. 

BTC would only need to gain 57% from today’s low of 9,542 to reach 15,000 and it has 8 weeks to do so. Giving that a 0% probability is just a baseless claim. I think we put in a bottom of 6,000 for BTC on 2/6/2018 and we will retest ATH this year. I would say BTC hitting 15k by July is just as likely as it not hitting it by that date. Can’t wait to see!

Just to put some actual data behind this. BTC went from a low of 5,400 on 11/12/2017 to ATH of 19,891 on 12/17/2017. A 268% gain in about 5 weeks. 

BTC would only need to gain 57% from today’s low of 9,542 to reach 15,000 and it has 8 weeks to do so. Giving that a 0% probability is just a baseless claim. I think we put in a bottom of 6,000 for BTC on 2/6/2018 and we will retest ATH this year. I would say BTC hitting 15k by July is just as likely as it not hitting it by that date. Can’t wait to see!
Let me call you out on bull#### then - if those are your feelings, and you truly believe that, you'd be a fool to not take my wager. 

I'll give you $625 to your $500 - if the odds are 50/50 in your opinion, you basically have to take my bet :shrug:

Let me call you out on bull#### then - if those are your feelings, and you truly believe that, you'd be a fool to not take my wager. 

I'll give you $625 to your $500 - if the odds are 50/50 in your opinion, you basically have to take my bet :shrug:
Nice effort in trying to bait me into a stupid bet! If BTC hits $15k, I’ll most likely be up over $20k. What will I gain making that bet? Another $600?!! Please! And if the crypto market tanks I lose big then have to payout another $500 to some chump on the internet I don’t even know??!!  Yeah..... NO. Your post proves you have no business giving out investment advice. The risk reward for me on that bet is awful!  No intelligent person would make that bet. I don’t make bets based on pride. Find another sucker. 

Nice effort in trying to bait me into a stupid bet! If BTC hits $15k, I’ll most likely be up over $20k. What will I gain making that bet? Another $600?!! Please! And if the crypto market tanks I lose big then have to payout another $500 to some chump on the internet I don’t even know??!!  Yeah..... NO. Your post proves you have no business giving out investment advice. The risk reward for me on that bet is awful!  No intelligent person would make that bet. I don’t make bets based on pride. Find another sucker. 
OMG $20k :moneybag:

don't waste your breath

Perhaps called you a ####### moron, then thought better of it.
I'd love to sit here and go back and forth with you, but this ####### moron (who is capable of stringing together four words, while insulting someone, without an error) is about to spend your weekly salary on a Friday dinner with his smoke show wife. 

Enjoy your weekend :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread