What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reuben Foster - Redskins: Torn ACL. Damaged Artery. Career in peril? (1 Viewer)

Ignoring the morals and gravity of the offences (which is hard to do) for both the 49ers and fantasy football owners this is abotu the best possible outcome.

Wtf, 

Is there any rhyme or reason on what Goodale does?  Dude should just gtfo of football he has single handed ruin the game.

Here we go again...

Report: 49ers LB Reuben Foster arrested on domestic violence charge in Florida

11-24-2018

San Francisco linebacker Reuben Foster was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence battery on Saturday night at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay in Florida ahead of the 49ers game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

Foster was arrested around 9 p.m. on Saturday night, and booked at the Hillsborough County jail around 11 p.m., according to the report. No bond has yet been posted. An ambulance was also seen at the hotel earlier in the evening.

Team officials did not comment to the San Francisco Chronicle on Saturday night about the incident.

This incident marks the latest for Foster over the past year. He served a two-game suspension to start the season for violating the NFL’s conduct and substance abuse policy after pleading no contest to a misdemeanor gun charge. Charges were dropped from a marijuana arrest during the offseason.

Foster was accused of serious domestic violence allegations from his former girlfriend this summer, though those charges were dropped after she recanted her initial statement, claiming she made up the story for money. The alleged victim initially told police Foster “dragged her by the hair, physically removed her from their house, and punched her in her head at least eight times.”

Foster has recorded 29 total tackles so far this season over six games. He has battled both a shoulder and a hamstring injury this season, and was listed as questionable for Sunday’s game.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-49ers-lb-reuben-foster-arrested-domestic-violence-charge-florida-055246892.html

It's official. 

49ers waived LB Reuben Foster.

It's a fully expected move from the 49ers after Foster's second domestic violence charge in the last year. Foster was suspended the first two weeks due to off-field issues and has had multiple run-ins with the law since getting drafted. Injury prone and not overly productive when healthy, Foster's career is in jeopardy after his latest arrest. The 49ers will turn to OLB Elijah Lee at the Will spot for the rest of the season.

Washington Post already roasting the Redskins for picking this guy up:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/by-claiming-reuben-foster-the-redskins-show-theyre-numb-indifferent-and-reckless/2018/11/27/eaba76ce-f2b0-11e8-80d0-f7e1948d55f4_story.html

I understand this guy is probably a complete jack***, but that’s different than an actual determination he’s abusive towards women.  So I honestly don’t get NFL teams and the media preconvicting him in the case.  Do they have better investigative units than a district attorney?  You let the facts play out in court and then make a determination.

Washington Post already roasting the Redskins for picking this guy up:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/by-claiming-reuben-foster-the-redskins-show-theyre-numb-indifferent-and-reckless/2018/11/27/eaba76ce-f2b0-11e8-80d0-f7e1948d55f4_story.html

I understand this guy is probably a complete jack***, but that’s different than an actual determination he’s abusive towards women.  So I honestly don’t get NFL teams and the media preconvicting him in the case.  Do they have better investigative units than a district attorney?  You let the facts play out in court and then make a determination.
Or you wait until the facts play out and sign him to your team if he beats the charges. Hmm... maybe "beats the charges" is the wrong way to say this...

Well crap I don't think I can stash him any more, he's eating up a ton of my cap space and I'm getting nothing out of it.

JoeSteeler said:
I think it is too soon to see how it will shake out. There is Bostic, Hamilton, Harvey-Clemons, and Holcomb all vying for snaps

LBH said:
Shaun Dion Hamilton? Worth picking up?
I guess it depends on the roster space. If you have a free spot and want to throw your dart, pick one. If you have to drop a player you like, wait until there's some info on starting lineup / 3DLB.

Last edited by a moderator:
JoeSteeler said:
I think it is too soon to see how it will shake out. There is Bostic, Hamilton, Harvey-Clemons, and Holcomb all vying for snaps
Short-term it's probably SDH but Holcomb is a better dynasty hold IMO and has the talent to really take advantage of the opportunity.

It's a mystery why Holcomb was drafted so late - he has everything you want in a LB and to me looks like the clear third best LB prospect in this class. Now he's fallen into a best case scenario situation for a day 3 pick and no one seems to be talking about him. He's the guy I'm most interested to track this off-season, on either side of the ball. 

Short-term it's probably SDH but Holcomb is a better dynasty hold IMO and has the talent to really take advantage of the opportunity.

It's a mystery why Holcomb was drafted so late - he has everything you want in a LB and to me looks like the clear third best LB prospect in this class. Now he's fallen into a best case scenario situation for a day 3 pick and no one seems to be talking about him. He's the guy I'm most interested to track this off-season, on either side of the ball. 
This news could very well speed up Holcomb's chances of seeing the field...https://nfltraderumors.co/redskins-releasing-lb-mason-foster/

Don't sleep on SDH either. Great talent at Alabama who fell in the draft because of his ACL and knee injuries. But the coaches clearly like him and consider him a major piece for the future, he started the last four game last season and camp reports this off-season are highly positive:

“When I look at the tape, Shaun Dion has showed up more so than any time I’ve seen Shaun Dion,” Washington coach Jay Gruden said during a press conference wrapping up mandatory minicamp on Thursday. “He’s healthy. He’s running faster -- way faster now than he was at this time last year. He looks fast. He looks instinctive. He’s what we thought we could get when we drafted him from Alabama, so he’s set.”

https://www.al.com/sports/2019/06/shaun-dion-hamilton-looks-fast-instinctive-at-redskins-minicamp.html

Users who are viewing this thread