What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Revamped "Official GordonGekko Blog" (1 Viewer)

Nice thing for you to do Gordon. You have a good outlook on life regarding "stuff". I hope this works out well.

If it was a year ago I would have tossed my name in the hat for the Dallas coat and given it to my BIL who was a huge fan has since died due to the bottle. Personally I wouldn't give the Cowboys the honor of wiping my butt with their gear so I'll wish some wayward lost soul good luck in the lottery.

How long you figure we've got before the assassins show up after we give GG our home address?

(I kid, I kid -- very generous of you GG)

But the memories you carry, the laughter you had, the joy you felt, the people you loved, the experiences you shared, those things stay with you forever.
There is a group of seniors in my school that like to play the "Would you rather" game. About a week ago, the asked "would you rather lose your memories or your sight". They were all shocked when I answered that I would rather lose my sight. I explained to them that even if I lose my sight, I could still go on. I could still learn and experience new things. In fact I could get a whole new perspective on life that I would not otherwise know. If I were to lose my memories, I would be losing who I am. I would be losing all of what motivates me to continue. After watching my father progress through Alzheimer's, losing my memories is one of my biggest fears for the future. Sorry for this little aside in your giveaway thread, but I was moved by your statement here.

But the memories you carry, the laughter you had, the joy you felt, the people you loved, the experiences you shared, those things stay with you forever.
There is a group of seniors in my school that like to play the "Would you rather" game. About a week ago, the asked "would you rather lose your memories or your sight". They were all shocked when I answered that I would rather lose my sight. I explained to them that even if I lose my sight, I could still go on. I could still learn and experience new things. In fact I could get a whole new perspective on life that I would not otherwise know. If I were to lose my memories, I would be losing who I am. I would be losing all of what motivates me to continue. After watching my father progress through Alzheimer's, losing my memories is one of my biggest fears for the future. Sorry for this little aside in your giveaway thread, but I was moved by your statement here.
watching my mother, losing my memories is my biggest fear also.

I've got one for them. Would you rather lose your memories or outlive everyone you love; your friends, your family and your descendants? You would be totally alone with memories of the good times, but also with memories of losing everyone you have ever loved.

From my experience the ones with lost memories are often happier, ignorance is bliss. The ones who outlive everyone they love are lonely.

He's back. :kicksrock:
Not very excellent

Did you miss where I noted he tagged Joe Bryant, The FBG Moderator, David Dodds and Sigmund Bloom asking for management to permaban me from the forums because he thought that I was bad for business? I don't think that was very excellent either. Fortunately, or unfortunately (depending on one's perspective) the mods didn't do that. Needless to say, I don't belong to the GordonGekko fan club.

Not very excellent

Did you miss where I noted he tagged Joe Bryant, The FBG Moderator, David Dodds and Sigmund Bloom asking for management to permaban me from the forums because he thought that I was bad for business? I don't think that was very excellent either. Fortunately, or unfortunately (depending on one's perspective) the mods didn't do that. Needless to say, I don't belong to the GordonGekko fan club.
Must have

However, 2 wrongs don’t make a right

Not very excellent

3) No complaining, no arguing, no ingratitude. If it happens, I'll kill the "program" Whether it's public or private, no complaining. I'm too old for that and it's rude.

^
After this week's giveaways, I'm killing the program. There was a good healthy response in PMs for all the giveaways. For those interested in #8-#10 before I exit, feel free to continue to send PMs.

Pinging @FBG Moderator , @Joe Bryant , @Sigmund Bloom , @David Dodds

This is why "We Can't Have Nice Things"

I have nothing against @Cowboysfan8 , who is a very good poster, and was just looking to defend me here because it's clear I already have one foot out the door of the forums for good and have pretty much stopped posting. squistion had to up and ruin it for everyone. If he had a problem with something, he could have hit the Report Button, contacted a Staff member or posted in an entirely different thread.

I will say it again to the FBG ownership group or those with, to the best of my knowledge, have a partnership stake - This is why we can't have nice things here. This is why your good posters leave. What you tolerate under your brand banner becomes policy.

This kind of behavior happens because it's enabled. Having to lobby for basic civility is undignified.

I extend my goodwill to the people who participated in the previous giveaways in good faith.

There are many people here in these forums that I've interacted with in the past 16 years that I wish the best in all things to come. It's your community now, it's no longer mine, if you value it, then defend it.

-GG

Not very excellent

This isn’t the thread for this. Dude is being very generous to others, take your beef to the political forum.

Not very excellent

This isn’t the thread for this. Dude is being very generous to others, take your beef to the political forum.

Your point is well taken, in retrospect this was churlish on my part and posted in the wrong thread/forum. I extend my apology to GordonGekko.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread