What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

revised* best defensive player in NFL (1 Viewer)

whos the best defensive player in the nfL?

• Brian Urlacher (CHI)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Troy Polamalu (PIT)

• Michael Strahan (NYG)

• Ray Lewis (BAL)

• Jason Taylor (MIA)

• Zach Thomas (MIA)

• Richard Seymour (NE)

• Joey Porter (PIT)

• Jonathan Vilma (NYJ)

• Roy Williams (DAL)

• Ed Reed (BAL)

• Ty Law (FA)

• Darren Sharper (MIN)

• Julius Peppers (CAR)

• Other (Specify In Reply)

• Total voters
I think you can remove the middle linebackers from the equation. While they may be good, or even great defensive players, teams generally don't gameplan against them. I think that is the mark of a really great defensive player.

In fact, as Ray has gotten older teams have run right at him. Same with Peppers. Law and Sharper are both too old to be considered the best defensive player (and I assure you, Sharper was never in that class).

I think you can remove the middle linebackers from the equation. While they may be good, or even great defensive players, teams generally don't gameplan against them. I think that is the mark of a really great defensive player.

In fact, as Ray has gotten older teams have run right at him. Same with Peppers. Law and Sharper are both too old to be considered the best defensive player (and I assure you, Sharper was never in that class).
Teams often run at quick DEs because that first step can be blocked/squared off against. Peppers will figure this out in time IMO

For the most part, I agree, but Urlacher is the heart of the Bears Defense, and is justifiable as the #1 choice here.I'm stuck between him, Seymour and Polomalu. Slightly leaning towards Urlacher right now.

I might have voted TP if I found Safeties more valuable. Although this isn't "MVP". TP is a good choice here too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dwight Freeny? How many post season games has Urlacher been on the winning end of? Why pay homage to guys whose best days were in the past with Ray Lewis and Zack Thomas and Sharper etc? I'm a Browns fan and can't stand people who pimp defenders like Urlacher or La-Verne Arrington and constantly yip about how great they are when their teams have done absolutely NOTHING when they have been on the field. For fantasy this might be a great list but not for the title of your poll.

Users who are viewing this thread