What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rich Gosselin Mock #2 (1 Viewer)

Z-Dog

Footballguy
Dallas Morning News

Code:
Team    Player    Pos.       School1. Houston  Reggie Bush  HB  Southern CaliforniaComment: Best offensive player on the board2. New Orleans  Mario Williams  DE  North Carolina StateComment: Best defensive player on the board3. Tennessee  Vince Young  QB  TexasComment: Houston owner, Houston quarterback4. N.Y. Jets  Matt Leinart  QB  Southern CaliforniaComment: Giants have Manning, Jets need a headliner, too5. Green Bay  A.J. Hawk  LB  Ohio StateComment: Safest pick on the draft board6. San Francisco  Vernon Davis  TE  MarylandComment: His 4.38 speed can stretch defenses7. Oakland  Michael Huff  S  TexasComment: The Raiders need a defensive playmaker8. Buffalo  D'Brickashaw Ferguson  OT  VirginiaComment: Bills allowed 43 sacks in 20059. Detroit  Brodrick Bunkley  DT  Florida StateComment: Active nose tackle in Warren Sapp mold10. Arizona  Jay Cutler  QB  VanderbiltComment: Kurt Warner not getting any younger11. St. Louis  Jimmy Williams  CB  Virginia TechComment: Rams need a shut-down corner12. Cleveland  Ernie Sims  LB  Florida StateComment: Browns need defensive playmakers13. Baltimore  Haloti Ngata  DT  OregonComment: The Ravens never did replace Tony Siragusa14. Philadelphia  Jonathan Joseph  CB  South CarolinaComment: NFC East loaded with giant receivers15. Denver  Laurence Maroney  HB  MinnesotaComment: Broncos cut leading rusher Mike Anderson16. Miami  Chad Greenway  LB  IowaComment: Dolphins need more athletic linebackers17. Minnesota  Demeco Ryans  LB  AlabamaComment:Vikings need linebackers, period18. Dallas  Manny Lawson  DE  North Carolina StateComment: A pass rusher to complement DeMarcus Ware19. San Diego  Antonio Cromartie  CB  Florida StateComment: NFL's 28th-ranked pass defense needs help20. Kansas City  Kamerion Wimbley  DE  Florida StateComment: Wimbley is from down the road in Wichita21. New England  Bobby Carpenter  LB  Ohio StateComment: Pats draft a Mike Vrabel clone22. San Francisco  Santonio Holmes  WR  Ohio StateComment: His 4.34 speed also stretches defenses23. Tampa Bay  Winston Justice  OT  Southern CaliforniaComment: Bucs allowed 41 sacks last year24. Cincinnati  Tye Hill  CB  ClemsonComment: NFL's 26th-ranked pass defense gets help25. N.Y. Giants  Donte Whitner  S  Ohio StateComment: Giants need a playmaker at back end26. Chicago  Jason Allen  S  TennesseeComment: Chicago's historical credo – Defense first27. Carolina  LenDale White  HB  Southern CaliforniaComment: Panthers replace Stephen Davis28. Jacksonville  Nick Mangold  C  Ohio StateComment: Toughens up one of NFL's best lines29. N.Y. Jets  DeAngelo Williams  HB  MemphisComment: Curtis Martin has lost a step30. Indianapolis  Joe Addai  HB  LSUComment: The Colts need to replace Edgerrin James31. Seattle  Chad Jackson  WR  FloridaComment: Another WR named Jackson from Florida32. Pittsburgh  Tamba Hali  DE  Penn StateComment: NFL champions add Big Ten sack leader

Higher than expected:

Vince Young (3)

Maroney (15)

Addai (30)

Lower than expected:

Ferguson (8)

Ngata (13)

Holmes (22)

Justice (23)

C.Jackson (31)

Not in the 1st round

Thomas Howard

Roger McIntosh

Sinorice Moss

I would be SHOCKED if the Browns passed on Ngata. I also don't see a fit for Tamba Hali in the steelers D. Brick seems unlikely to fall to 8, and there's absolutely no way Philly would pass on Justice.

I would be SHOCKED if the Browns passed on Ngata. I also don't see a fit for Tamba Hali in the steelers D. Brick seems unlikely to fall to 8, and there's absolutely no way Philly would pass on Justice.
:goodposting:

Deangelo williams at 29 to the jets :pickle: :pickle:

even if we end up with pretty boy leinert id still be thrilled

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bengals may have been ranked 26th in passing YPG, but also had 31 interceptions. And they get Madieu back (a safety, I know). Just don't see them going CB here. I think TE (Mercedes) or another DL.

I don't understand how Addai is getting so much love.

He looks like a change of pace/3rd down back to me. He has never shown he can be a feature RB at any level.

His type of RB usually goes in the late 2nd - 3rd round, he's not 1st round material IMO.

He looks like a change of pace/3rd down back to me. He has never shown he can be a feature RB at any level.

His type of RB usually goes in the late 2nd - 3rd round, he's not 1st round material IMO.
Does he remind anyone else of Fargas minus the constant injuries?

D'Brick @ 8 ... very interesting mock!
I will literally get up off the sofa a do a little jig in celebration if Brick drops to the Bills at #8.Edit: Not the pickle dance, mind you. A jig.

He reminds me a lot of guys like Mewelde Moore and Alvin Pearman. Decent all purpose guys, but the kind you get in the 3rd and later, not in the 1st.I think Addai is just being over-rated by writers and FF people and that the real NFL people calling the shots don't even have him on the radar for their 1st or early 2nd round picks.

I actually like Goselin, but he's irritating me with his picks for my 2 teams.

Team Player Pos. School3. Tennessee Vince Young QB TexasComment: Houston owner, Houston quarterback9. Detroit Brodrick Bunkley DT Florida StateComment: Active nose tackle in Warren Sapp moldWTF cares about "Houston owner..." Maybe VY's the pick, I'm inclined to think Leinart, but VY makes sense. But not for that reason.

Bunkley is a nice player, but Rogers/Cody is not a weakness. If Brick slips to #8 and Huff is taken, I hope Millen gets off his ### and moves up for D'Brick.

The VY thing makes plenty of sense, his comment notwithstanding. Obviously, more reasonning goes into his pick than one sentence fragment.

I agree with you on Bunkley though - hard to imagine DET going interior D-line. Still, it's hard to imagine that Buffalo would be willing to trade down if D'Brick is available. In this case, I think DET takes Sims (I actually like Greenway more, but that's another story).

Yes, and I've said it frequently in other threads.

The VY thing makes plenty of sense, his comment notwithstanding. Obviously, more reasonning goes into his pick than one sentence fragment.

I agree with you on Bunkley though - hard to imagine DET going interior D-line. Still, it's hard to imagine that Buffalo would be willing to trade down if D'Brick is available. In this case, I think DET takes Sims (I actually like Greenway more, but that's another story).
Agreed on VYMaybe Sims, I just don't see 2 LBs in the top 10. I'd be more inclined to think Cutler, or see about trading down 5 picks (for a 2nd), then Grab Sims/Greenway and add Kiwanuka and a corner with the 2 2nds.

Unless McNairs contract situation is resolved very soon I don`t see the Titans take Young - why draft the prodigy when you may have to cut the mentor to sign him?

WTF cares about "Houston owner..." Maybe VY's the pick, I'm inclined to think Leinart, but VY makes sense. But not for that reason.
Hey OZ, if I'm reading the Tenn situation right, then Goose's comment is fair enough. Adams loves VY. Chow loves Matt. Fisher loves Cutler. This is what I've heard. Reese is mediating. Fisher sides with Chow before agreeing with Adams. The personnel department loves Young (siding with the owner, go figure). Goose is an insider. Mayock has great sources. Scott Wright just heard enough of this to put VY in his mock to Tenn. They're all getting something from somewhere, but all I can discern is, this is Bud Adams pick.

The Bengals may have been ranked 26th in passing YPG, but also had 31 interceptions. And they get Madieu back (a safety, I know). Just don't see them going CB here. I think TE (Mercedes) or another DL.
I think DB is the pick personally. I just a question of best safety or CB. Maybe with the acquisition of Jackson, CB is the more pressing need. Yes, the secondary was opportunistic, but frankly, the Bengals do not have very good cover corners and lack depth. James is getting up there in years and his coverage skills have slipped noticable the past three years. O'Neil can make big plays, but can also be loose in coverage. Ratliff is simply too slow to play the position as anything other than a dime back in the NFL. And those three are basically all they have to speak of in terms of viable corner options. If they draft a CB, that guy would be the nickle back for sure and compete for a starting job and certainly be starting in the not too distant future. They need the help.As for TE, I do not know that anyone has a first round grade outside of Davis. DL would be a possibility, but the Bengals have been projected to go DL (specifically DT) the past two years in most mocks and Lewis simply has not done it. Since he picked up Adams this offseason, I think it makes it all the less likely. But, yes, run stopping and pass rushing are big needs, but with Adams on board and the further development of Pollack, pass rush should be better this year. The secondary needs help and depth more than the run D (since they added Adams and drafted two LB's early last year).

WTF cares about "Houston owner..." Maybe VY's the pick, I'm inclined to think Leinart, but VY makes sense. But not for that reason.
Hey OZ, if I'm reading the Tenn situation right, then Goose's comment is fair enough. Adams loves VY. Chow loves Matt. Fisher loves Cutler. This is what I've heard. Reese is mediating. Fisher sides with Chow before agreeing with Adams. The personnel department loves Young (siding with the owner, go figure). Goose is an insider. Mayock has great sources. Scott Wright just heard enough of this to put VY in his mock to Tenn. They're all getting something from somewhere, but all I can discern is, this is Bud Adams pick.
I've heard this before, and if it's accurate, why not trade back for Cutler, or whomever the last QB taken is? Granted, that requires taking a player who the other team wants. Maybe not as easy to do this year as it was with Eli/Rivers. Still, worth considering.

I've heard this before, and if it's accurate, why not trade back for Cutler, or whomever the last QB taken is? Granted, that requires taking a player who the other team wants. Maybe not as easy to do this year as it was with Eli/Rivers. Still, worth considering.
Because Adams wants Young. It's his team. He writes the paychecks. He thinks he knows football. You cannot convince him Leinart belongs on the same field as Young. He watched the Rose Bowl, ya know.

Because Adams wants Young. It's his team. He writes the paychecks. He thinks he knows football. You cannot convince him Leinart belongs on the same field as Young. He watched the Rose Bowl, ya know.
There was a time when Adams would defer to those who know better, or so I've been told.Now, don't get me wrong, I like Young. A lot. I mostly agree with Adams here, but if my staff, whom I've hired to be experts, advise otherwise, I'm strongly considering another guy, and if I can land a 07 1st or 06 2nd, or something else that helps my team, I'm trading down.

If there's no takers, then I'd take VY, it is his team, but I look at the whole picture first.

There was a time when Adams would defer to those who know better, or so I've been told.
I confess to knowing little about that, and I wasn't completely serious with the last comments. It's the feeling I've been getting though. Besides, IF all this talk is true, the Personell Department is in his camp. He pays them to scout players. He pays Fisher and Chow to coach them. He could be defering to some who know better?

There was a time when Adams would defer to those who know better, or so I've been told.
I confess to knowing little about that, and I wasn't completely serious with the last comments. It's the feeling I've been getting though. Besides, IF all this talk is true, the Personell Department is in his camp. He pays them to scout players. He pays Fisher and Chow to coach them. He could be defering to some who know better?
Good point. Somehow I missed the scouts comment. :bag: Chow / Matt... I put less faith in. They've worked together of course, but that just sways his opinion. Plus, is Chow really going to be the OC for the long haul?

Fisher is a guy whose opinion I rank extremely high. You're right though, his job is to coach.

Users who are viewing this thread