What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ricky Williams plea will occur Monday (1 Viewer)

strong

Footballguy
(Edited: Misread article. Ricky turned down appeal in 2004 that would have prevented a 4 game suspension. This quote is by his old attorney.)

"During our opening argument we had over 150 tests in which the urine was clean, and the one that was dirty was a 15," Ostrow said. "I asked if there was room for plea negotiation, and they offered Ricky the chance to be in the drug program for just another six months instead of the [mandated] two years and pay a fine of $650,000 in exchange for us dropping the appeal. And no four-game suspension.

"Ricky rejected it. The one thing you can predict about Ricky is his unpredictability."
Sun Sentinel link via PFTThat's surprising that he would turn that plea down. Looks like a sweet offer. Perhaps he couldn't afford the $650,000 fine?

Last edited by a moderator:
"the one that was dirty was a 15"

15 out of what? is that like a poppy seed or something? :confused:

"the one that was dirty was a 15"

15 out of what? is that like a poppy seed or something? :confused:
The article says 15 is the lowest score that constitutes a positive drug test. Apparently the second test yielded a 14...

Wow. Things are looking in Ricky's favor...or not. :rant:

wasnt ricky already suspended for 4 games, and so it would be a year now? Or does it matter that it is not for the same drug or something?

So says the attorney who is handling the appeal of what would be the Dolphins running back's fourth failed drug test. If he loses Monday's appeal, it would be Williams' fourth strike in the NFL's substance-abuse program and could result in a minimum one-year suspension.

I don't get it...who had over 150 tests?

Ricky and his attorney did 150 tests, or they did 150 tests for the actual drug test?

I think this is bad news if you're a Ricky fan or owner. He had a deal on the table that would have prevented a suspension and allowed him to play this year. He turned it down. Now he rolls the dice and faces the court. Attorneys familiar with drug appeal processes in the NFL suggest that it's a real long shot this suspension is reduced.

That quote is from his PREVIOUS drug test. :X

Ostrow is not even with Williams, its Cornwell.

The quote is in regards how Ostrow thought they had an awesome case last time and it didnt happen, so the chances are slim to none for this time. This is NOT good news for Ricky fans.

From the article...

Fort Lauderdale attorney Gary Ostrow also has experience with Williams in appeals and doubts Cornwell and Williams will win this one. He co-chaired, with Cornwell, Williams' appeal of his second positive test for marijuana in December 2003.

"Cornwell's not going to beat it unless there's a glaring violation of time lines," Ostrow said. "When did he take the test and when was it analyzed?"

That quote is from his PREVIOUS drug test. :X

Ostrow is not even with Williams, its Cornwell.

The quote is in regards how Ostrow thought they had an awesome case last time and it didnt happen, so the chances are slim to none for this time. This is NOT good news for Ricky fans.

From the article...

Fort Lauderdale attorney Gary Ostrow also has experience with Williams in appeals and doubts Cornwell and Williams will win this one. He co-chaired, with Cornwell, Williams' appeal of his second positive test for marijuana in December 2003.

"Cornwell's not going to beat it unless there's a glaring violation of time lines," Ostrow said. "When did he take the test and when was it analyzed?"
Oops. That makes much more sense... Can't believe I missed that...

Did williams appeal his first 3 failed drug tests??? I didn't think he did appeal them but i may be wrong.

Did williams appeal his first 3 failed drug tests??? I didn't think he did appeal them but i may be wrong.
Yeah, but this time its not pot. Could be a false positive on whatever the other substance was, and if he did not ever test positive for it before or since, maybe he has a case. Or maybe that's wishful thinking!

Users who are viewing this thread