What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Roast of Tom Brady on Netflix Live (3 Viewers)

I haven’t watched the whole thing yet. Were there a bunch of jokes from the other comics about Kraft and his massages? If not, it had to be for real because any decent roaster would have hammered that story with Kraft sitting there.
Nope not mentioned again. Just a couple of jokes about him being old.

Yeah, in that case, my guess is that those jokes were off limits as a condition of Tom participating and Jeff Ross let it fly anyway. None of the comics are going to risk their cred by acknowledging that they agreed not to make Kraft massage jokes.
C'mon, man. They made an Aaron Hernandez hanging himself joke during this thing. Nobody pulled Kraft massage jokes because of what Brady did. Ross himself said Brady was kidding around. I'm honestly stunned that people think Brady made a legitimate threat to Ross during Ross's set. Brady is a self-described student of these roasts. He loves them.

I didn’t say they pulled the Kraft jokes because of what Brady did to Ross. I said they pulled the Kraft jokes because that was the agreement ahead of time.

How else can you explain that no one else roasted Kraft for getting a happy ending at an Asian massage parlor? They just all happened to pass on the material?
Anything goes in these things, that's the whole point. As to why didn't anyone else roast Kraft? Because it was a Tom Brady roast and Kraft wasn't one of the roasters? :shrug: You really think the rest of the comedians huddled and made a conscious decision to cut jokes based on Brady smiling and goofing around with Ross? Absurd. I understand twitter and gossip websites seeing this moment and saying "Ooooh, Tom Brady got upset during his roast" for likes and clicks but it's an obvious misrepresentation of what actually happened as confirmed by Ross himself.

I think I was very clear that the rest of the comedians didn’t huddle and make a decision to drop the jokes after Brady said something to Ross. But you’re now the second person to misunderstand what I thought was a very clear point, so perhaps the point was less than clear.

As for ‘anything goes” being the whole point, I think you’re naive. I think most anything goes, but there are still some limited restrictions that get negotiated as part of the deal. This is huge exposure and dollars for these comedians. And because most people think it’s “anything goes”, they comedians will stay tight lipped about any restrictions so as to keep up appearances and not lose any street cred.

And the presenters were busting on people in the audience the whole night (I’ve since watched more of it). You think they’re going to just happen to all ignore the most salacious story in the house with the old pervy rich white guy sitting in the front row. Not even a mention? Come on, is right.

I haven’t watched the whole thing yet. Were there a bunch of jokes from the other comics about Kraft and his massages? If not, it had to be for real because any decent roaster would have hammered that story with Kraft sitting there.

Yeah, in that case, my guess is that those jokes were off limits as a condition of Tom participating and Jeff Ross let it fly anyway. None of the comics are going to risk their cred by acknowledging that they agreed not to make Kraft massage jokes.
C'mon, man. They made an Aaron Hernandez hanging himself joke during this thing. Nobody pulled Kraft massage jokes because of what Brady did. Ross himself said Brady was kidding around. I'm honestly stunned that people think Brady made a legitimate threat to Ross during Ross's set. Brady is a self-described student of these roasts. He loves them.

I didn’t say they pulled the Kraft jokes because of what Brady did to Ross. I said they pulled the Kraft jokes because that was the agreement ahead of time.

How else can you explain that no one else roasted Kraft for getting a happy ending at an Asian massage parlor? They just all happened to pass on the material?
Anything goes in these things, that's the whole point. As to why didn't anyone else roast Kraft? Because it was a Tom Brady roast and Kraft wasn't one of the roasters? :shrug: You really think the rest of the comedians huddled and made a conscious decision to cut jokes based on Brady smiling and goofing around with Ross? Absurd. I understand twitter and gossip websites seeing this moment and saying "Ooooh, Tom Brady got upset during his roast" for likes and clicks but it's an obvious misrepresentation of what actually happened as confirmed by Ross himself.
Eh, I'm not sure I agree with the bold. I think it's reasonable for somebody to put like "hey, all my skeletons are fair game but not this one" or, in Brady's case, "hey go nuts on me but for person X's sake this one issue is off-limits."

Speaking personally, I believe I have very thick-skin and don't mind being the center of attention* and would totally subject myself to this but I would honestly probably tell the roasters something like, "hey, for my kids' sake, I need you to lay off any comments about their bio parents" or some such and I think that would be reasonable.

*Shocker to this board, I'm sure.
They made the most personal jokes about Brady, about his divorce. There was a joke about teammate committing suicide!! But Robert Kraft massage jokes were off-limits? And you're basing this on an improvised moment where Brady tried to joke around? The roasters sets are all preloaded in the prompter. Producers scrambled to remove the Kraft-themed jokes preloaded in there after seeing Brady smiling and saying "don't say that **** again"? Ludicrous. These takes are are almost as funny as the roast itself

You’re missing the point we are making (I’m sure it’s already been explained but I’m catching up). We’re not basing it on an improvised moment when Brady tried to joke around. We’re basing it on the fact that these comedians are killers and never would have laid off Kraft unless that was the deal up front.

Nikki Glaser was on Stern, and she said the only topic that was agreed upon as off limits was reference to Brady's kids. One of the jokes she didn't do was "Tom, hopefully we can make out at the after party, and you can pretend I'm your son." She said no one knew Kraft was going to be there until everyone got there and they were about to start the roast, as he was a last-minute addition. She didn't make it sound like Kraft jokes would be off limits. Her opinion was that Tom was protecting father-figure Kraft, and she felt he was being a good soldier by standing up for him. Basically, she said he was concerned but not really angry.

None of the roast comedians are going to admit that there was an agreement not to go after Kraft. They would lose face.

Ross himself said he was kidding around. You really think if others made Kraft jokes that there could have been a Will Smith Oscar type moment involving Brady and a comedian? It's a roast!!
Explain why no other comedian made a happy ending Kraft joke then? It was low hanging fruit and obvious to joke about. There were plenty of other d riding and gay type of jokes thrown at Julian Edelmans way so it’s not like that was some taboo topic.
Someone else wrote they didn't know Kraft would even be there. Usually the jokes focus on the person being roasted and those on-stage roasting him. How many Kraft jokes should have been done at Tom Brady's roast in your opinion?
Was Aaron Hernandez in attendance?
I'm not sure.
Ok then. Proved my point. Hernandez is DEAD and got plenty of shots fired at him.
I think it proves my point. Those jokes are infinitely more offensive than the tame "would you like a massage" joke and they stayed in the show.

EXACTLY. Have you watched Ross do these roasts? That joke was so tame that it was completely out of character for him. If Ross wanted to joke about Kraft’s happy ending and had free reign to do so, it would have been much, much worse.

None of the roast comedians are going to admit that there was an agreement not to go after Kraft. They would lose face.
Then why divulge that Brady's kids were declared off limits?

I’ll have to watch the interview again. I don’t recall her saying they were officially declared off limits. I thought she said she had a conscience and thus didn’t go after his kids.

No roaster has ever approached a comedian therefore his reaction was authentic.

The Kraft jokes are so easy to make therefore the other comedians must have cut them.

OR

You’re not following. They didn’t cut them. They never wrote them. Well, except for one lazy quip by Ross because he couldn’t resist.

You’re not following. They didn’t cut them. They never wrote them. Well, except for one lazy quip by Ross because he couldn’t resist.
I think they wrote them but did not use them. But I agree they didn't take anything out as the night went on and didn't cut anything out. They were cut out beforehand.

I think I was very clear that the rest of the comedians didn’t huddle and make a decision to drop the jokes after Brady said something to Ross. But you’re now the second person to misunderstand what I thought was a very clear point, so perhaps the point was less than clear.

As for ‘anything goes” being the whole point, I think you’re naive. I think most anything goes, but there are still some limited restrictions that get negotiated as part of the deal. This is huge exposure and dollars for these comedians. And because most people think it’s “anything goes”, they comedians will stay tight lipped about any restrictions so as to keep up appearances and not lose any street cred.

And the presenters were busting on people in the audience the whole night (I’ve since watched more of it). You think they’re going to just happen to all ignore the most salacious story in the house with the old pervy rich white guy sitting in the front row. Not even a mention? Come on, is right.
The only restriction that's been talked about for this roast was for his kids. Two comedians who were actually part of the show have discussed this. There has been zero mention of Kraft being off-limits. You can call me naive and make a declaration about restrictions being negotiated as part of the deal but that proves nothing in terms of this specific situation.

As another poster has said Kraft's appearance was not expected which maybe explains why there weren't more Kraft themed jokes. I don't know. But to say there must have been something agreed upon regarding jokes about Kraft is completely absurd given some of the other jokes we heard over the course of the night. Brady was CLEARLY joking around when he said that to Ross as confirmed by Ross himself. Brady LOVES these roasts and he knows what the deal is. These made for TV roasts are a throw back to the old Friar's Club days were the whole point was the jokes went as far over the line as possible. Ted Danson once showed up in black face at one of these things! Do you honestly believe Tom Brady, a student and fan of these roasts, who sat there while people took aim at his most painful divorce, would have been genuinely upset at a joke about him massaging Robert Kraft? Do you honestly believe that?

Someone mentioned that there were a couple cracks about Kraft being old. So these roast comics made fun of Kraft’s age, but not the fact that he was arrested for getting a handjob from a middle-aged Asian woman at a strip mall massage parlor?

Eh, I'm not sure I agree with the bold. I think it's reasonable for somebody to put like "hey, all my skeletons are fair game but not this one" or, in Brady's case, "hey go nuts on me but for person X's sake this one issue is off-limits."

Speaking personally, I believe I have very thick-skin and don't mind being the center of attention* and would totally subject myself to this but I would honestly probably tell the roasters something like, "hey, for my kids' sake, I need you to lay off any comments about their bio parents" or some such and I think that would be reasonable.

They made the most personal jokes about Brady, about his divorce. There was a joke about teammate committing suicide!! But Robert Kraft massage jokes were off-limits? And you're basing this on an improvised moment where Brady tried to joke around? The roasters sets are all preloaded in the prompter. Producers scrambled to remove the Kraft-themed jokes preloaded in there after seeing Brady smiling and saying "don't say that **** again"? Ludicrous. These takes are are almost as funny as the roast itself

You’re missing the point we are making (I’m sure it’s already been explained but I’m catching up). We’re not basing it on an improvised moment when Brady tried to joke around. We’re basing it on the fact that these comedians are killers and never would have laid off Kraft unless that was the deal up front.
I think this is a monumental leap to make. There was a lot of low hanging fruit in that room and on that stage. The fact that there weren't a bunch of Kraft jokes proves absolutely nothing.

The only restriction that's been talked about for this roast was for his kids. Two comedians who were actually part of the show have discussed this. There has been zero mention of Kraft being off-limits. You can call me naive and make a declaration about restrictions being negotiated as part of the deal but that proves nothing in terms of this specific situation.

As another poster has said Kraft's appearance was not expected which maybe explains why there weren't more Kraft themed jokes. I don't know. But to say there must have been something agreed upon regarding jokes about Kraft is completely absurd given some of the other jokes we heard over the course of the night. Brady was CLEARLY joking around when he said that to Ross as confirmed by Ross himself. Brady LOVES these roasts and he knows what the deal is. These made for TV roasts are a throw back to the old Friar's Club days were the whole point was the jokes went as far over the line as possible. Ted Danson once showed up in black face at one of these things! Do you honestly believe Tom Brady, a student and fan of these roasts, who sat there while people took aim at his most painful divorce, would have been genuinely upset at a joke about him massaging Robert Kraft? Do you honestly believe that?

This post makes the entire point we are making. First you are conceding that certain jokes are off limits, so it shouldn’t be such a stretch for you to believe that the Kraft happy ending jokes would be off limits. As for Brady loving roasts, of course he does. And he doesn’t mind the shots. But he doesn’t want his children or his father figure to be the target. And then you refer to all the over the line jokes told during the night, like joking about Hernandez’s suicide. Exactly. If it’s okay to joke about Aaron Hernandez killing himself, why did they all so obviously avoid mentioning the most hilarious thing about Brady’s boss for nearly two decades?

I think this is a monumental leap to make. There was a lot of low hanging fruit in that room and on that stage. The fact that there weren't a bunch of Kraft jokes proves absolutely nothing.

So when you do tell a joke about Kraft at a no holds barred roast, it’s going to be about his age?

Then why divulge that Brady's kids were declared off limits?

I’ll have to watch the interview again. I don’t recall her saying they were officially declared off limits. I thought she said she had a conscience and thus didn’t go after his kids.

Just watched the clip. She did say they collectively agreed not to go after the kids. I think as a roast comedian, you can defend that position and not lose cred because, hey, they are kids. But if they admitted that they agreed to make the old, pervy white guy (who committed a crime) off limits in exchange for a paycheck and massive exposure, yeah, they’d lose face.

I only watched the fist half so far but I nearly died laughing at Niki Glazer. I though Kevin Hart's opening was really good and Bert/Tom's powerpoint was hilarious. I could do without the athletes and Bellichick.

Ross himself said he was kidding around. You really think if others made Kraft jokes that there could have been a Will Smith Oscar type moment involving Brady and a comedian? It's a roast!!
Explain why no other comedian made a happy ending Kraft joke then? It was low hanging fruit and obvious to joke about. There were plenty of other d riding and gay type of jokes thrown at Julian Edelmans way so it’s not like that was some taboo topic.
Someone else wrote they didn't know Kraft would even be there. Usually the jokes focus on the person being roasted and those on-stage roasting him. How many Kraft jokes should have been done at Tom Brady's roast in your opinion?
I'm not sure.
Ok then. Proved my point. Hernandez is DEAD and got plenty of shots fired at him.
I think it proves my point. Those jokes are infinitely more offensive than the tame "would you like a massage" joke and they stayed in the show.

EXACTLY. Have you watched Ross do these roasts? That joke was so tame that it was completely out of character for him. If Ross wanted to joke about Kraft’s happy ending and had free reign to do so, it would have been much, much worse.
You're saying during a roast for Tom Brady, because Jeff Ross (and others) did not make rougher jokes about Robert Kraft's massage that means jokes about Kraft must have been negotiated out of the show beforehand and that Brady's reaction to Ross making the "tame" joke that mentioned Kraft was authentic and was meant to genuinely warn Ross (and other comedians) not to joke around about Kraft again? Does this mean you believe Ross broke an agreed upon contract and exposed himself to a potential lawsuit?

Or could it be that the comedians and writers had other jokes they thought were funnier they wanted to go with? O they did not expect Kraft to be in attendance and because of that didn't plan any Kraft jokes? Or maybe (Ross's take--->) Brady was just having fun in that moment and tried to goof around with Ross?

The tradition at comedy roasts is that nothing is off-limits, and the more offensive the joke, the better. And for the most part, Tom Brady was a good sport about it when he was roasted on Sunday night. But one joke appeared to genuinely get under Brady’s skin.

That was a joke at the expense of Patriots owner Robert Kraft and his 2019 arrest on misdemeanor charges of soliciting at a massage parlor.

Comedian Jeff Ross, who is notorious for his ability to offend even the most good-humored subjects at roasts, began his bit about Kraft by recalling the time that Brady, then a rookie sixth-round draft pick, told Kraft, “I’m the best decision your organization has ever made.

Ross then joked that Brady added, “Would you like a massage?”

Brady then got up out of his seat, approached Ross at the lectern, and said, “Don’t say that %^&* again.” Brady’s tone and expression suggested he was serious and didn’t consider it an appropriate topic for joking
C'mon. He was totally kidding around. There were far harsher jokes that night night, some aimed at him that were laughed off. And he wasn't being protective of Kraft. The crux of joke was about Brady asking to touch another man. He's basically saying don't call me gay again (or I'll kick your ***). He's kind of a meathead so in his old school jock mind he thought that was a good joke. I guess it wasn't because nobody got it and apparently some didn't even know he was making a joke.
I don't think it was that. People joking around about Tom's sexuality came up many more times.

The tradition at comedy roasts is that nothing is off-limits, and the more offensive the joke, the better. And for the most part, Tom Brady was a good sport about it when he was roasted on Sunday night. But one joke appeared to genuinely get under Brady’s skin.

That was a joke at the expense of Patriots owner Robert Kraft and his 2019 arrest on misdemeanor charges of soliciting at a massage parlor.

Comedian Jeff Ross, who is notorious for his ability to offend even the most good-humored subjects at roasts, began his bit about Kraft by recalling the time that Brady, then a rookie sixth-round draft pick, told Kraft, “I’m the best decision your organization has ever made.

Brady then got up out of his seat, approached Ross at the lectern, and said, “Don’t say that %^&* again.” Brady’s tone and expression suggested he was serious and didn’t consider it an appropriate topic for joking
C'mon. He was totally kidding around. There were far harsher jokes that night night, some aimed at him that were laughed off. And he wasn't being protective of Kraft. The crux of joke was about Brady asking to touch another man. He's basically saying don't call me gay again (or I'll kick your ***). He's kind of a meathead so in his old school jock mind he thought that was a good joke. I guess it wasn't because nobody got it and apparently some didn't even know he was making a joke.
I don't know, I watched again this am, and the reaction after the massage joke by Ross seemed to get a reaction and Ross' reaction seemed more serious. It was a weird moment.
So you think Brady was genuinely threatening Jeff Ross for making a joke during his own roast?
I don't know, but it was weird the couple times Brady went over - one was that shot and the other was Gronk talking about his sisters.

At this point neither would surprise me - either there actually were a couple things he thought were too far (or gave as topics not to go to) or he was just messing around. Just saying I thought Ross' tone was more serious than normal when he came over. :shrug:
I don't recall watching any other roasts other than some infomercial for a video of the Rat Pack doing these way back, but some of these jokes were a bit much to be getting from friends. I get that's the thing but man.

A bizarre event but I did laugh quite a bit at the complete "over the topness". I don't know why anyone would sign up to do this outside of getting a ton of cash which Brady already has.
I think subjecting themselves to the roast actually helped the images of Sheen, Trump, and Bieber. It shows one can be a good sport and take a joke.

In fact, I can think of any roast subject who I thought came away looking worse than going into the roast.
I don't get wanting to get these jokes aired out from your friends while you sit there. It's very weird to me. I did watch large chunks of it tho :lol:

For Brady didn't think he really needed to do this for any PR fix and def not money. That being said there's no way I'd picture Tiger Woods or MJ do this and they are the only names I know of on this level so good for him I guess.
I could see Tiger having a sense of humor about things in a few years. But not Jordan; that guy takes himself too seriously.

I only watched the fist half so far but I nearly died laughing at Niki Glazer. I though Kevin Hart's opening was really good and Bert/Tom's powerpoint was hilarious. I could do without the athletes and Bellichick.

Moss was painful. Love the guy as a player, but man, that was brutal.

Reactions: Zow
so it shouldn’t be such a stretch for you to believe that the Kraft happy ending jokes would be off limits.
I don't think that's the way that logic works. There's zero proof that kraft jokes were off limits.

I still think Tom was making his own joke...the implication was that Tom had offered to give Kraft a massage and by telling Ross to not "not say that ****" he's confiming that that did happen and he;s playing into Ross' joke. or at least thats my interpretation.

I'm not sure.

You're saying during a roast for Tom Brady, because Jeff Ross (and others) did not make rougher jokes about Robert Kraft's massage that means jokes about Kraft must have been negotiated out of the show beforehand and that Brady's reaction to Ross making the "tame" joke that mentioned Kraft was authentic and was meant to genuinely warn Ross (and other comedians) not to joke around about Kraft again? Does this mean you believe Ross broke an agreed upon contract and exposed himself to a potential lawsuit?

Yes. I don’t know about opening himself up to a lawsuit. But yes. I’ve probably watch 20 of these roasts and there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY they let Kraft off the hook if there are no restrictions.

The Kraft jokes are so easy to make therefore the other comedians must have cut them.

OR

Honestly, would you expect any of the usual roasters to say in public that the person was pisssed anyway?

so it shouldn’t be such a stretch for you to believe that the Kraft happy ending jokes would be off limits.
I don't think that's the way that logic works. There's zero proof that kraft jokes were off limits.

I still think Tom was making his own joke...the implication was that Tom had offered to give Kraft a massage and by telling Ross to not "not say that ****" he's confiming that that did happen and he;s playing into Ross' joke. or at least thats my interpretation.

Of course that’s the way logic works. If your premise is that roasts are anything goes with no restrictions, and then you acknowledge that there are in fact restrictions, then logic dictates that something else could possibly have been a restriction.

This post makes the entire point we are making. First you are conceding that certain jokes are off limits, so it shouldn’t be such a stretch for you to believe that the Kraft happy ending jokes would be off limits. As for Brady loving roasts, of course he does. And he doesn’t mind the shots. But he doesn’t want his children or his father figure to be the target. And then you refer to all the over the line jokes told during the night, like joking about Hernandez’s suicide. Exactly. If it’s okay to joke about Aaron Hernandez killing himself, why did they all so obviously avoid mentioning the most hilarious thing about Brady’s boss for nearly two decades?
The only jokes deemed off-limits were ones about his kids. I completely understand not wanting your minor children to be publicly mocked. I DO think it would be a huge stretch to believe jokes about Robert Kraft would be off-limits.

Or could it be that the comedians and writers had other jokes they thought were funnier they wanted to go with? O they did not expect Kraft to be in attendance and because of that didn't plan any Kraft jokes? Or maybe (Ross's take--->) Brady was just having fun in that moment and tried to goof around with Ross?
Leave the comedians out of it…why did Brady himself roast everyone that was important in his Patriot story except for Kraft? Cuz he had so much better material and couldn’t spare the extra 20 seconds on an easy and obvious Kraft joke right?

OR

Honestly, would you expect any of the usual roasters to say in public that the person was pisssed anyway?
Only if he actually was.

Leave the comedians out of it…why did Brady himself roast everyone that was important in his Patriot story except for Kraft? Cuz he had so much better material and couldn’t spare the extra 20 seconds on an easy and obvious Kraft joke right?
Who the hell knows? As if he's writing those jokes himself.

I don't think it was that. People joking around about Tom's sexuality came up many more times.

I don't know, I watched again this am, and the reaction after the massage joke by Ross seemed to get a reaction and Ross' reaction seemed more serious. It was a weird moment.
So you think Brady was genuinely threatening Jeff Ross for making a joke during his own roast?
I don't know, but it was weird the couple times Brady went over - one was that shot and the other was Gronk talking about his sisters.

At this point neither would surprise me - either there actually were a couple things he thought were too far (or gave as topics not to go to) or he was just messing around. Just saying I thought Ross' tone was more serious than normal when he came over. :shrug:
I don't recall watching any other roasts other than some infomercial for a video of the Rat Pack doing these way back, but some of these jokes were a bit much to be getting from friends. I get that's the thing but man.

A bizarre event but I did laugh quite a bit at the complete "over the topness". I don't know why anyone would sign up to do this outside of getting a ton of cash which Brady already has.
I think subjecting themselves to the roast actually helped the images of Sheen, Trump, and Bieber. It shows one can be a good sport and take a joke.

In fact, I can think of any roast subject who I thought came away looking worse than going into the roast.
I don't get wanting to get these jokes aired out from your friends while you sit there. It's very weird to me. I did watch large chunks of it tho :lol:

For Brady didn't think he really needed to do this for any PR fix and def not money. That being said there's no way I'd picture Tiger Woods or MJ do this and they are the only names I know of on this level so good for him I guess.
I could see Tiger having a sense of humor about things in a few years. But not Jordan; that guy takes himself too seriously.

No way Tiger would ever go for something like this. And agree 100% about Jordan.

lol exactly. Any good writer would add a Kraft joke. Most of his legacy is intertwined with Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft. Brady just nixed it.

I'm not sure.

Yes. I don’t know about opening himself up to a lawsuit. But yes. I’ve probably watch 20 of these roasts and there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY they let Kraft off the hook if there are no restrictions.
That's just your opinion. Again, one of the comedians said they didn't know Kraft would be there. That could explain it. And Ross did make a joke that involved him so wouldn't that prove he wasn't completely off-limits?

I'm not sure.

That's just your opinion. Again, one of the comedians said they didn't know Kraft would be there. That could explain it. And Ross did make a joke that involved him so wouldn't that prove he wasn't completely off-limits?
You’re being naive. Again, everyone knew Aaron Hernandez wasn’t going to be there and that didn’t stop the jokes about him. And the one joke that was told about Krafts happy ending he immediately voiced to not do it again.

lol exactly. Any good writer would add a Kraft joke. Most of his legacy is intertwined with Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft. Brady just nixed it.
You're just making things up to fit your narrative.

I'm not sure.

You’re being naive. Again, everyone knew Aaron Hernandez wasn’t going to be there and that didn’t stop the jokes about him. And the one joke that was told about Krafts happy ending he immediately voiced to not do it again.
He was kidding, dude. It's a roast. He was joking around. It's obvious. He's trying to be funny. You and apparently many, many others completely missed his attempt at humor. The absence of more Robert Kraft jokes does not prove he was being serious.

I'm not sure.

I already explained that he couldn’t help himself, and it was the most milquetoast lame jab. Completely counter to what Ross does. Ross would have absolutely destroyed Kraft if there were no restrictions.

If you believe that no topics should be off limits then lets poke fun at moms cancer. That would get a rise out of Tom.
The roasters and promoters would like you to believe there are none but there absolutely needs to be limits.

I'm not sure.

I already explained that he couldn’t help himself, and it was the most milquetoast lame jab. Completely counter to what Ross does. Ross would have absolutely destroyed Kraft if there were no restrictions.
Again, just your opinion. It's a roast for Brady, not Kraft. I still contend Brady's faux outrage to "would you like a massage" was a lame "don't call me gay again" typical dumb jock-type comeback that had nothing to do with Kraft. Part of the reason people think Brady is being serious is because his comeback isn't all that funny. That's just my interpretation though. I know you'll say the joke not even being 100% about Kraft's transgressions proves your point even more but it doesn't.

If you believe that no topics should be off limits then lets poke fun at moms cancer. That would get a rise out of Tom.
The roasters and promoters would like you to believe there are none but there absolutely needs to be limits.
What would be funny about that though? Nothing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread