What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rookie RBs That Could Produce End of Year/Next Year (1 Viewer)

irishlancer425

Footballguy
I have 1 roster spot open, which of these guys provides the best opportunity to help in the fantasy playoff stretch, and early next year?

I currently own Lewis, in the belief that he is the most likely of the 4 to become the go-to back if injuries occur. However, at the end of the year/beginning of next year, I think Alex Green is the back to own?

Any thoughts?

Dion Lewis is the most talented of the 4 but will not be more than a handcuff. Doesn't offer anything McCoy doesn't, and a lot of overlap in skills.

Green and Powell have the best chance to start next year, but have done little to stake their claim as RBOTF. Either has a huge upside if they put it all together and outperform their competition in camp next year. Can't really decide between the two and would sell to anyone taking a strong stand on their longterm chances.

Scott is a nice flier.

Carter if the colts secure Luck, if not drop him belind Green. Green next because he can catch and Grant may be gone. Powell next because Tomlinson willb e gone. Lewis is buried behind McCoy and he plays a lot. De'rel Scott is super fast and could share time if they get rid of Jacobs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lewis, Green, and Powell all offer some chance to be valuable for the 2011 FF playoffs. Scott less so because he needs injuries to Jacobs and Bradshaw and even then he would split time with Ware.

Green and Powell are in great position to produce next year. The players in front of them have issues of some kind (old, injury prone, can't block) so they are in position to split time or better. Lewis is a McCoy injury away from being a starter in a system that produces big RB numbers. Grab him if available.

I own Green in dynasty; would trade him straight up for Lewis.

Ok thanks guys, I'm gonna hold on to Lewis till the end of the year (Just because he's one play away from being the rb on a top 10 offense) By year end, I'll try to snag up Green

lewis is a free-agent in one of my dynasty leagues but have been hanging on to taiwan jones since the draft. time to swap!

Dion Lewis far and away is the best talent IMO
Is this truly the board sentiment? Draft position can be overlooked under certain situations like injury. What is the reason that you are overlooking other rbs taken much earlier and proclaiming Lewis far and away the best talent?

Users who are viewing this thread