What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Roy E. Williams - broken collarbone? Conflicting reports (1 Viewer)

I could see Dallas making a move for Marshall. Jones would be a nice fit also.Hurds last couple of preseasons don't really matter because they had a decent core and he has made his major strides this off season. If thrown into action Hurd or Austin may blossom under pressure.
Trading for Marshall is a much bigger move then signing matt Jones plus they have $45 million and draft picks locked up with Roy...this is Joey Galloway all over again.
I didn't say Marshall would be easy but Dallas is like the Yankees, when it comes to it, they make deals happen when they need too. This is a situation with a new stadium and a lot of tickets to sell they may need to pull one out of the hat here.

Owens must be laughing at the Cowboys right now.

The Cowboys, on the other hand, are laughing at Owens wearing a Bills jersey.

Maybe no broken collarbone.. PFT is reporting that it may not be a broken collarbone, same with the Dallas Morning News.
Ruh roh... back to the WW to get back the guys I dumped for Hurd. LOL. I loooooove fantasy football!
too bad this wasn't a Friday nite
No kidding. With the 4 HA leagues too, I'd be going nutz! LOL.In the HA leagues, you guys are all such buzzards I'd never get anyone good back once on the WW for 5 seconds. At least I was able to reverse my 4 moves tonight. Whew!

Last edited by a moderator:
tmacmahonTwo sources tell Todd Archer that X-rays on Roy Williams' shoulder/collarbone were negative. No break, just a sprain.

Really now way to know at this point

I wouldn't pick up Hurd over Austin unless your league gives points for exceptional effort
It's all speculation as of right now but if you have paid any attention to the updates so far this year you would be aware that Austin hasn't been having to good of a preseason.So grab him because of a couple of nice grabs in a couple of games a year ago. Okay :)

Either way he is going to miss a few games and then only be marginally productive when he gets back anyway.

I'm not a big Williams Fan to begin with. Big Talent doing nothing as of yet.

His biggest plus will be pulling double coverage off Witten!

Either way he is going to miss a few games and then only be marginally productive when he gets back anyway. I'm not a big Williams Fan to begin with. Big Talent doing nothing as of yet.His biggest plus will be pulling double coverage off Witten!
I'm not so sure that he will miss multiple games if it's not a broken collarbone. Obviously, it depends on how severe the injury is.

I wouldn't pick up Hurd over Austin unless your league gives points for exceptional effort
It's all speculation as of right now but if you have paid any attention to the updates so far this year you would be aware that Austin hasn't been having to good of a preseason.So grab him because of a couple of nice grabs in a couple of games a year ago. Okay :lmao:
I wouldn't grab Hurd over Austin with your waiver priority and someone else clicking

One thing is for sure and that is Roy Williams did NOT break his collar bone. The only thing we don't know at this point is how much time if any he will miss in the regular season.

Didn't Roy break his collar bone before?

He probably felt a similar pain as the last time he did. Probably told his teamates it felt like he broke it out of frustration, and that leaked out to the local media. Probably a A/C separation if the X-rays are negative.

dmn_cowboysX-rays negative on Roy Williams' shoulder and collarbone: X-rays did not reveal a broken bone in Roy Williams' s.. http://bit.ly/CFg09

Ever reporter I follow on twitter for Dallas and even Shefter and such is saying the same thing. No break but no time table has been set for his return. That will be determined Friday.

X-rays negative, Williams done for preseason

The Dallas Morning News cites two sources as saying X-rays on Roy E. Williams' shoulder/collarbone were negative.

Profootballtalk.com heard from multiple sources that the original diagnosis was a broken collarbone, and the X-rays "unexpectedly" came up negative. He'll undergo an MRI on Friday for a more complete diagnosis. According to ESPN.com, Williams isn't expected to play again the rest of the preseason. We'll have for Friday's update to get a good read on his Week 1 availability. Aug. 27 - 10:58 pm et

Source: Dallas Morning News

X-rays negative, Williams done for preseason The Dallas Morning News cites two sources as saying X-rays on Roy E. Williams' shoulder/collarbone were negative.Profootballtalk.com heard from multiple sources that the original diagnosis was a broken collarbone, and the X-rays "unexpectedly" came up negative. He'll undergo an MRI on Friday for a more complete diagnosis. According to ESPN.com, Williams isn't expected to play again the rest of the preseason. We'll have for Friday's update to get a good read on his Week 1 availability. Aug. 27 - 10:58 pm etSource: Dallas Morning News
so in other words, it just an ouchie.nothing to see here

If it is not broken then the question is how long does it linger for? Does he take a shot on it week 2 in the 1st quarter and miss the rest of the game? then again in week 5 in the 2nd half of the game and go to the bench? FF seasons go by fast, losing a #1 WR for a few weeks equates to almost 20% of the season. I dont draft until after labor day, but I am sure there are plenty of FF drafts this weekend and you can bet his ADP is going to take a hit by Sunday. Not a BIG fan of his to begin with, this seals the deal for me that i will not be looking his way when his name is called on auction night.

Witten is going to break the single season TE receiving record.
I wonder if Witten can even match last years numbers now. If you were a defensive coordinator, wouldn't you double Witten on every play? Does Crayton, Hurd, or Austin really scare you? I was already a little leery of Witten because I didn't think all that much of Williams. Now their two starters could be Crayton and Hurd. I bet Matt Jones gets signed by the Boys.

tbglog said:
If it is not broken then the question is how long does it linger for? Does he take a shot on it week 2 in the 1st quarter and miss the rest of the game? then again in week 5 in the 2nd half of the game and go to the bench? FF seasons go by fast, losing a #1 WR for a few weeks equates to almost 20% of the season. I dont draft until after labor day, but I am sure there are plenty of FF drafts this weekend and you can bet his ADP is going to take a hit by Sunday. Not a BIG fan of his to begin with, this seals the deal for me that i will not be looking his way when his name is called on auction night.
No worries kiddiesThe Cowboys have listed Roy E. Williams (shoulder) as day-to-day.It was feared that Williams had broken his collarbone, but the x-rays came back negative. The team is calling it a "shoulder contusion," also known as a bruise. He'll still likely sit out the rest of the preseason, but all signs point to Williams being ready to go for Week 1. Continue drafting him as a solid WR2.Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram

tmacmahonOfficial diagnosis for Roy Williams: shoulder contusion. He should be back "real quick," Jerry Jones said.about 1 hour ago from TwitterFon

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives...be-back-re.html
Hes still a little risky now.
:tumbleweed: Because he has a bruise? When people are hit hard they get bruises. A bruise will not increases his likely hood for injury and it's doesn't appear he will miss much practice time. I can't think of one reason this news should affect your opinion one way or the other. If the story wasn't overblown I doubt you would even give it a second thought.

Users who are viewing this thread