What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RUMOR: Ricky and 1st for Carr (1 Viewer)

Lord of the Rings

Footballguy
Saw this at FFMastermind. I apologize that I couldn't find the article when I checked out the New York Daily News website.<<<The New York Daily News reports one rumor circulating has the Miami Dolphins trading RB Ricky Williams and their first-round pick (No.16), to Houston for QB David Carr. >>>Seems a bit much to give up for D. Carr, IMO.

Anyone else have zero confidence in Carr? Has he shown anything promising to date? Yes, his supporting cast is less than stellar, but I think it's more than that. His mechanics remind me of Alex Smith (yes, its early but still ...)

Carr makes the O-line look worse than it actually is. He is the king of running out of bounds for a loss=sack.

I think Ricky for Carr is about even.

Add a 1st and that's too much.
Ricky is worthless to most teams who don't think his talent is worth the headache he'll cause. Carr is still worth the #16 pick if someone thinks they can get him to reach his potential.

Ricky is worthless to most teams who don't think his talent is worth the headache he'll cause. Carr is still worth the #16 pick if someone thinks they can get him to reach his potential.
Well, if a team is interested in trading for Ricky, the first part of your statement is moot.You could just as well say Ricky is worth a first round pick if a team thinks he can get back to the potential he showed a couple of seasons ago and Carr is worthless to someone who thinks he is stuck in shellshock mode from a career's worth of sacks.

Unstable RB who could quit any day for a potential franchise QB with years still left to go - a first rounder is a must.Ricky Williams and Vince Young - is this Texas alumni?

Well, if a team is interested in trading for Ricky, the first part of your statement is moot.You could just as well say Ricky is worth a first round pick if a team thinks he can get back to the potential he showed a couple of seasons ago and Carr is worthless to someone who thinks he is stuck in shellshock mode from a career's worth of sacks.
Ricky will never be worth anything since he's one joint away from a year long suspension and has shown that the game doesn't mean much to him. Carr may or may not be shell-shocked, but some team will take a chance on a 27 year old QB with 4 years of starting experience.

Users who are viewing this thread