What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ryan Braun wins Appeal! (1 Viewer)

:goodposting:

Manning up and taking responsibility for screwing up. Good on him. Lost season for the Brewers anyway.

Gonna play, ya gotta pay.
Let me know where it sounds like he "manned up"

“I tried to respect this process even though the confidentially was breached early on.”

“If I had done this intentionally or unintentionally I’d have been the first one to admit it. I truly believe this substance never entered my body.”

“It hasn’t been easy. Lots of times I wanted to come out and tell the entire story, attack everybody like I’ve been attacked. My name was dragged through the mud. But at the end of the day I recognized what was best for the game of baseball.”

“I truly believe that everything in life happens for a reason and I learned a long time ago to stop questioning what goes on in life. I’ve yet to understand the reason for this, but I don’t question that.”

“Today is for anyone who has been wrongly accused and everyone who stood up for what’s right. It’s about future players and the game of baseball.”

“Never been a personal medical issue, never had an STD. Many of the erroneous stories reported by the network continue to live on, which is disappointing.”

“I will continue to take the high road. We won because the truth was on my side. I was a victim of a process that completely broke down and failed as it was applied to me in this case. Today’s about making sure this never happens to anyone else who plays this game.”

“The system as it was applied to me in this case was fatally flawed.”

Braun revealed that he was first made aware of test result on October 19, which was during the playoffs.

“At the end of the day, I know the truth. My friends, family, teammates, and the Brewers organization know the truth.”

“We spoke to biochemists and scients, and asked them how difficult it would be for someone to taint the sample. They said, if they were motivated, it would be extremely easy.”

“Ultimately, as I sit here today, the system worked because I was innocent and I was able to prove my innocence.”
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/24/ryan-braun-press-conference-notes-and-quotes/

Dude took the easy way out. Season was a loss both for him and the team. He won on a technicality and should be shamed.

Don't mess with Sheriff Bud. He can proudly shake the hands of Deacon White's great6 grandchildren this weekend at Cooperstown.

I, for one, am shocked

I mean he won his appeal before, i was convinced there was some massive pee replacement conspiracy and that was the only reason he failed that drug test

i am absolutely floored, he looked into the camera and said he was innocent!

Doctor Detroit said:
Great LUCKSIAN effort by Mr Pack in here. :thumbup:
The "manning up" comment has to be schtick. It just has to be. Can't wait to see the reaction Braun receives next season from opposing fans, players, managers and umpires. Hell I think he may even be shunned by his own teammates and fans.

Doctor Detroit said:
The "manning up" comment has to be schtick. It just has to be. Can't wait to see the reaction Braun receives next season from opposing fans, players, managers and umpires. Hell I think he may even be shunned by his own teammates and fans.
Opening Day is a 8 1/2 months way. He'll be booed on the road but that's about it.

Smart move by Braun. He's had a nagging injury all season, so he may as well sit out this season, and then he's got about 9 months for this to blow over, and it will be nothing but a side-note in the national media and maybe just a bit more in Milwaukee, but not much by then after 3/4 of year of sports news, arrests, PED suspensions (A-Rod), Hernandez trial ... he'll be forgotten about .

Doctor Detroit said:
He'll get a standing ovation in Milwaukee and booed on the road, no big deal.

Doctor Detroit said:
He'll get plenty of boos in Milwaukee too...though are sure the idiots that do give him a standing ovation will far outnumber those who don't.

Doctor Detroit said:
He'll get plenty of boos in Milwaukee too...though are sure the idiots that do give him a standing ovation will far outnumber those who don't.
Milwaukee fans should boo him the most. He has cost them any reason to go to a game the remainder of this season, not to mention he has disgraced the franchise and the brand. In pure financial terms, the guy is now going to get well over a hundred million for performance expectations built upon lies and cheating - will he even come close to the production that we had expected?

Terrible for the fan base and they should voice their displeasure, though granted, that may not be that likely an outcome. Would be great to see this guy just shamed from his repeated lying and inability to own up to reality.

Doctor Detroit said:
Milwaukee fans should boo him the most. He has cost them any reason to go to a game the remainder of this season, not to mention he has disgraced the franchise and the brand. In pure financial terms, the guy is now going to get well over a hundred million for performance expectations built upon lies and cheating - will he even come close to the production that we had expected?

Terrible for the fan base and they should voice their displeasure, though granted, that may not be that likely an outcome. Would be great to see this guy just shamed from his repeated lying and inability to own up to reality.
...and Koya doth smote the hammer of his people

Doctor Detroit said:

Listened to Milwaukee Sports radio today and Braun was getting toasted by the fans. Wisconsin fans are loyal to a fault but once you turn your back on them, they don't forget too easily.

Doctor Detroit said:

Listened to Milwaukee Sports radio today and Braun was getting toasted by the fans. Wisconsin fans are loyal to a fault but once you turn your back on them, they don't forget too easily.
April 2014 is a long ways away. September 2020 is even further.

What's his prognosis? I'd rather feel my thumb than not but would that stop you from hitting?

Last edited by a moderator:
If he is not being overly dramatic drama queen then this sounds really horrible. Said it never felt quite right in the offseason, thanks for keeping that quiet Braun.

All these off the field contributions must be the reason his numbers are down so much this year.

Users who are viewing this thread