What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

sae db ken hamlin (1 Viewer)

KIRKLAND, Wash. (AP) - Ken Hamlin of the Seattle Seahawks was in serious but stable condition with head injuries Monday following an early morning fight outside a nightclub.Hamlin was involved in an altercation with two men who were not in custody, according to police. He had a fractured skull, a small blood clot and bruising of the brain tissue, and would remain in intensive care for the next day or two, team physician Stan Herring said."Right now, he is awake intermittently and talking to us," Herring said. "We're going to need more time to see if there is residual problems from bruising of the brain."He said the most pressing concern whether the blood clot grows.According to a police report, Hamlin, a safety, and his girlfriend were leaving the club at about 2 a.m. Monday, several hours after the Seahawks defeated the Houston Texans on Sunday night.The girlfriend told officers that Hamlin placed his hand on another man's back and said, "Excuse me." The man told Hamlin to stop pushing, and the two men began shoving each other.Hamlin then punched the man in the face. Another man struck Hamlin with his forearm, knocking him down, before the two men began fighting with other men nearby, the report said. Other witnesses said one of the men hit Hamlin with some sort of street sign.Witnesses provided the names of two men to police but they were not in custody, Seattle police spokeswoman Debra Brown said Monday.Hamlin was found lying in an intersection outside the club, surrounded by a crowd of people in downtown Seattle, a few blocks north of Qwest Field. Hamlin told the officers he was in a lot of pain, and when asked what happened, he said, "I don't remember."The report said Hamlin did not appear intoxicated.Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren said Hamlin called him Monday and apologized. "I didn't feel I should even be talking to him that long. He needs to rest.""Ken's a popular player on this team. It hit them pretty hard," Holmgren said. "As tough an incident it is, we have to keep goin'."Hamlin, a third-year veteran from Arkansas, had five tackles in Seattle's 42-10 win.

Users who are viewing this thread