What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Samurai with sword vs grizzly bear (1 Viewer)

Who would win?

• Samurai

Votes: 101 64.3%
  • Grizzly Bear

Votes: 45 28.7%
  • Both Dead

Votes: 11 7.0%

• Total voters
Samurai easily. He's a samurai so he knows how to use the sword. Grizzly dies and dies fast.

Now if it's just some guy dressed up as a samurai, then i'd lean towards the bear.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Grizzly Bear would swat the sword to the side and maul the samurai. No chance. This isn't even close. I'd even be willing to spot the Samurai Hattori Hanzo steel.

Bear's paw would go flying. 1 paw left. 1 useless stump.

/▌ ︻╦╤─
░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

Samurai easily. He's a samurai so he knows how to use the sword. Grizzly dies and dies fast.

Now if it's just some guy dressed up as a samurai, then i'd lean towards the bear.
:goodposting:

Right. Actual samurai that knows what he's doing, or random guy with a samurai sword and samurai armor?

An actual Samurai would slice right through the bear. They are trained to kill in one movement. He's not going to miss.

Anybody else would get mauled.

Bear's paw would go flying. 1 paw left. 1 useless stump.
Even if the Samurai could hack off a paw as the 9ft tall 600lbs Grizzley is lunging toward him. The Samurai wouldn't be able to back up fast enough as the rest of the bear came forward. So the bear would either bite his face off, gash him with his other paw, or just crush him with his weight.

Bear wins this I think at best they both die. No way a Samurai avoids the bear by sidestepping it or using ninja tricks. Bear knocks the sword away and then pummels the Samurai into sushi..

a ninja samurai might do a flip over the bear as he is charging, avoiding his paws and teeth, than burying the sword in the base of the grizzlie's skull, severing his spinal cord...

check mate.

* didn't gladiators fight lions, tigers and bears (oh my!) in the coliseum?

I think the Samurai gets a good enough shot in that the bear eventually bleeds out but the bear destroys the Samurai after the first (and only) blow.

Bears have really thick, tough skin, layers of fur that are hard for even a pistol shot to penetrate. Bear knocks down the samurai wearing armor and sits on him until he taps out.

Really all depends on the bear. The samurai has 1 shot. If the bear recoils in pain/loss of a limb the samurai wins . If the bear isn't a ##### , the bear wins.

none of you have seen a grizzly in the wild, have you?

this question would never get asked if you have

I would stab at the bear's heart. Would be my only chance.
That wouldn't be much of a chance. About the only chance you'd have with a sword or a pistol would be to go right through the eyeball into the brain. You miss that 1" square and you're lunch.

none of you have seen a grizzly in the wild, have you?

this question would never get asked if you have
I have seen them in the wild, and they were just walking. Have you ever been charged by one or something? The reason I voted bear was because of the footage I have seen online. They are incredibly fast, and have a very far reach. If you are anywhere withing 10 feet of a bear it can touch you in a half a second.

As much as I hate to say it, I think I have to go bear here.

Or better put: If you have 100 samurai in 100 matches against a 100 bears, I'd bet 85 times the bear wins, 15 times the samaria wins. Total guess.

A Samurai's sword is made so well that they were able to cut off the barrels of machine guns during WWII.

I would take a regular guy with a machine gun over a grizzly bear so a Samurai wins this easily.

http://natgeotv.com/uk/casey-and-brutus-grizzly-encounters/facts

(All this figures are in European, but I think they're a lot)

Bears are among the most massive and powerful animals on earth.

Grizzly bears have a bite-force of over 8,000,000 pascals, enough to crush a bowling ball.

Wild grizzlies have claws up to 10 centimetres long.

An adult bear can reach speeds of nearly 65 kilometres per hour.

Bears cannot sustain speed over long distances because their massive muscular bodies are built for sprinting.
Beets.

Bears.

Battlestar Galactica.

An actual Samurai would slice right through the bear. They are trained to kill in one movement. He's not going to miss.
Bears, on the other hand, are used to going down to the local grocery store for their meals. Killing isn't really their thing.

a ninja samurai might do a flip over the bear as he is charging, avoiding his paws and teeth, than burying the sword in the base of the grizzlie's skull, severing his spinal cord...

check mate.

* didn't gladiators fight lions, tigers and bears (oh my!) in the coliseum?
Grizzlies can be ten feet tall. The world record high jump is just over 8 feet.Check mate.

One thing most people are assuming is that the bear will be going all out to kill the Samurai from the start. Seems to me that most animals don't unleash their full fury unless they are provoked or in danger. It's not like you can make the bear understand that he's about to be in a fight to the death.

One thing most people are assuming is that the bear will be going all out to kill the Samurai from the start. Seems to me that most animals don't unleash their full fury unless they are provoked or in danger. It's not like you can make the bear understand that he's about to be in a fight to the death.
What if the Samurai is wearing a prime rib roast around his neck?

Samurai easily IMO. If you took 10 bears and 10 samurai swordsman and ran 10 fights, samurai wins 8 or 9 times.

I want to lean towards the samurai, but I need to know a couple of things...

Can a samurai sword take grizzly paw clean off in one stroke?

Can he get a clean shot to the brain if the bear is charging? (Sword pierce the skull?)

What position is the bear in? Meaning, is he in a position for the ninja to get a clean stroke?

Also, if it's an open field, what are the chances the bear retreats if he loses a paw? (I'd think pretty high)

Would a grizzly charge a man swinging a shiny sword? Or retreat to find a less threatening target?

I figure, if the bear sort of stands and growls (and he's not holding his paws 10 feet in the air), the samurai's got a shot (if the sword can take a paw off cleanly), but if he's charging, his only shot is to the brain somehow (which might be doable, but obviously he has to be accurate and time it very well just before the bear lunges).

Taking out a paw certainly has to buy some time (somehow getting both would buy a bunch of time) or make him retreat. Taking out one paw, I'd think, at least gives him a side to go to.

Really have no idea. I really think it depends on the sword's performance slicing through grizzly hide and bone.

If you're anywhere close to a Grizzly, it's a sign of aggression.

Territorial as ####.

Animals also smell fear, anger etc... especially bears. There is zero chance in #### you get close to one without him attacking

Territorial as ####.

Animals also smell fear, anger etc... especially bears. There is zero chance in #### you get close to one without him attacking
take it you've never seen Grizzly Man. that idiot was close to them plenty of times before being turned into breakfast.

Territorial as ####.

take it you've never seen Grizzly Man. that idiot was close to them plenty of times before being turned into breakfast.
He was around Grizzlies all the time. they were familiar with him. he didnt walk up to random grizzlies and chat with them.

they were always fed, and he never showed any signs of aggression.

we're going to compare him to mr samurai wielding a sword ?

my vote: Grizzry Brear

Territorial as ####.

He was around Grizzlies all the time. they were familiar with him. he didnt walk up to random grizzlies and chat with them.

they were always fed, and he never showed any signs of aggression.

we're going to compare him to mr samurai wielding a sword ?

my vote: Grizzry Brear
1. there had to be a first time he was around them.

2. does the samurai have to run up to the bear yelling and swinging his sword?

Users who are viewing this thread