What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Santonio Holmes workout today (1 Viewer)

:blackdot:

As long as he doesn't run above 4.5 he is probably in the running for 1st WR off the board. I've seen him make a lot of great catches over the years.

Last edited by a moderator:

As long as he doesn't run above 4.5 he is probably in the running for 1st WR off the board. I've seen him make a lot of great catches over the years.
I hope you are wrong. Would be nice to see him fall to the niners in the 2nd round.

I hope you are wrong. Would be nice to see him fall to the niners in the 2nd round.
I'm hoping the Niners get S. Moss or C. Jackson in the 2nd.

As long as he doesn't run above 4.5 he is probably in the running for 1st WR off the board.  I've seen him make a lot of great catches over the years.
CJ's 4.32 at the Combine all but sealed his fate as a mid 1st rounder at worst. The only thing he's wondering is whether he'll be the 1st or 2nd WR off the board IMHO. Moss could, and should, be there for the 49ers in the top of the 2nd though. :yes:

CJ's 4.32 at the Combine all but sealed his fate as a mid 1st rounder at worst. The only thing he's wondering is whether he'll be the 1st or 2nd WR off the board IMHO. Moss could, and should, be there for the 49ers in the top of the 2nd though. :yes:
Very true Jason, :banned: , but here's to hoping!

Just read over at gbnreport that Hawk ran in the 4.4-4.5 range. No word yet on SHolmes

Just read over at gbnreport that Hawk ran in the 4.4-4.5 range. No word yet on SHolmes
Hawk is a such a beast. Lost in the Chad Jackson/Vernon Davis hype was Hawk's amazing workout, apparently one of the best all around workouts in the history of the combine according to some. His quickness numbers were elite for a RUNNING BACK.

Hawk is a such a beast. Lost in the Chad Jackson/Vernon Davis hype was Hawk's amazing workout, apparently one of the best all around workouts in the history of the combine according to some. His quickness numbers were elite for a RUNNING BACK.
Hawk is a freak. If someone drafts Vince Young before Hawk, Super Mario, Vernon Davis, Ngata or even Huff they will be kicking themselves. I almost think they should be going before any of the QB's.

Moving up into the box on the defensive side of the ball, Ohio State's Mike Kudla once again snagged the attention of DeCosta. Having already made a name for himself by tying the Combine bench press record of 45 reps at 225 pounds, Kudla worked out exceptionally well on the field and even gained a comparison to a current Ravens player.

"Some teams are looking at him as a possible outside linebacker, defensive end/defensive tackle. I compare him to Jarret Johnson of the Ravens from a versatility standpoint, and I think he helped himself quite a bit [at the Combine]."

One of Kudla's teammates on that Buckeye defense is linebacker A.J. Hawk, who was also on display at the Scouting Combine.

One of the top prospects in the country all year, Hawk did nothing but cement his status as one of the best overall players available in the upcoming draft.

He was the complete package when testing, running a 4.5 40-yard dash, jumping over 40 inches in the vertical testing, and showing off outstanding feet, quickness, agility and explosiveness.

"Obviously A.J. Hawk had an unbelievable workout," said DeCosta. "He's the premier guy [at linebacker]. He separated himself from the rest of the pack. He probably won't be there when we have the chance to pick, but he would be an excellent pick for the Baltimore Ravens."

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article.jsp?id=8295

Moving up into the box on the defensive side of the ball, Ohio State's Mike Kudla once again snagged the attention of DeCosta. Having already made a name for himself by tying the Combine bench press record of 45 reps at 225 pounds, Kudla worked out exceptionally well on the field and even gained a comparison to a current Ravens player.

"Some teams are looking at him as a possible outside linebacker, defensive end/defensive tackle. I compare him to Jarret Johnson of the Ravens from a versatility standpoint, and I think he helped himself quite a bit [at the Combine]."

One of Kudla's teammates on that Buckeye defense is linebacker A.J. Hawk, who was also on display at the Scouting Combine.

One of the top prospects in the country all year, Hawk did nothing but cement his status as one of the best overall players available in the upcoming draft.

He was the complete package when testing, running a 4.5 40-yard dash, jumping over 40 inches in the vertical testing, and showing off outstanding feet, quickness, agility and explosiveness.

"Obviously A.J. Hawk had an unbelievable workout," said DeCosta. "He's the premier guy [at linebacker]. He separated himself from the rest of the pack. He probably won't be there when we have the chance to pick, but he would be an excellent pick for the Baltimore Ravens."

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article.jsp?id=8295
:thumbup: He's on my all-steal defense list:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...9552&hl=defense

Hawk or Mario... Could be a tough choice for Ted Thompson, but as long as it is one of those two I'll be loving it.

Just read over at gbnreport that Hawk ran in the 4.4-4.5 range.  No word yet on SHolmes
Hawk is a freak. If someone drafts Vince Young before Hawk, Super Mario, Vernon Davis, Ngata or even Huff they will be kicking themselves. I almost think they should be going before any of the QB's.
Wow! You can't just can't wait to bash Young even when thread has nothing to do with him. Did he ##### slap your father or something? I don't know who's the bigger Young stalker you or matuski.

Hawk or Mario... Could be a tough choice for Ted Thompson, but as long as it is one of those two I'll be loving it.
Based on the Diggs release, I almost believe it has to be Hawk now doesn't it? They dont' have many linebackers left, and I think Derek Smith resigned with the 49ers, and that was one of their LB targets.

Wow! You can't just can't wait to bash Young even when thread has nothing to do with him. Did he ##### slap your father or something? I don't know who's the bigger Young stalker you or matuski.
VY is a MUCH bigger risk than those guys. I think it's ridiculous to pay Young a huge amount of guaranteed money just to wait 2 or 3 years for him to develop into an NFL QB. Believe it or not, I actually do think he has a good chance of making it in the league, but it will take time and that's why I'm amazed that teams would consider drafting him that early.

Just read over at gbnreport that Hawk ran in the 4.4-4.5 range.  No word yet on SHolmes
VY is a MUCH bigger risk than those guys. I think it's ridiculous to pay Young a huge amount of guaranteed money just to wait 2 or 3 years for him to develop into an NFL QB. Believe it or not, I actually do think he has a good chance of making it in the league, but it will take time and that's why I'm amazed that teams would consider drafting him that early.
The vast majority of QBs take 2-3 years to mature. It's very rare that a guy can be thrown into the mix and immediately produce at that position. Your argument is flawed. If you don't like VY or think he'll bust, that's one thing, but to say that he's not worth the risk because it may take 3 years for him to blossom is ludicrous.

I think Kudla is going to be the kind of starter that a team is always looking to replace. He would be a good backup. His play on the field never matched his gym numbers. Workout warrior.

I think Kudla is going to be the kind of starter that a team is always looking to replace. He would be a good backup. His play on the field never matched his gym numbers. Workout warrior.
I've been singing Kudla's praise for nearly a month now, but I tend to agree. His workouts will always outweigh his ability. IMO, he's this year's poor man's Matt Roth.link:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...225698&hl=kudla

I think Kudla is going to be the kind of starter that a team is always looking to replace.  He would be a good backup.  His play on the field never matched his gym numbers.  Workout warrior.
I've been singing Kudla's praise for nearly a month now, but I tend to agree. His workouts will always outweigh his ability. IMO, he's this year's poor man's Matt Roth.link:

LOL. Matt Roth was an animal on the field. Him going to a 3-4 wasn't good for him but he still will be an above average starter in the league. What had Kudla ever done ON the field. Amazing athlete but perhaps just a good football player.

As long as he doesn't run above 4.5 he is probably in the running for 1st WR off the board.  I've seen him make a lot of great catches over the years.
I like you and your hopes

LOL. Matt Roth was an animal on the field. Him going to a 3-4 wasn't good for him but he still will be an above average starter in the league. What had Kudla ever done ON the field. Amazing athlete but perhaps just a good football player.
I'm glad I didn't reference Kudla as a "rich man's Matt Roth". :rolleyes: Much like Kudla, Matt Roth's athletic ability (4.7/40, 675lb squat, etc) will outweigh his production in the NFL. Both Roth and Kudla are smallish-DE's and oversized OLB's. More importantly, both players have that "hmmm...I wonder if he was juicing in college" stigma following them.

I'd still be very happy with that. Just as long as they draft VD in the first round :D

I'd still be very happy with that. Just as long as they draft VD in the first round :D
So you want your team to get VD? :bag:

So you want your team to get VD? :bag:
"With the 6th pick in the 2006 NFL draft, Da champion Niners Select the freak out of Maryland" :wub:

Roth is terribly out of position playing DE in the 3-4, those guys have to be close to 300lbs.. Was he not fast enought to play OLB?

Holmes weighed 179 pounds -- nine less than he did at the Combine -- and he was timed at 4.34 and 4.36 in the 40.

I'm trying to take a break from this site, but you guys need the information so:

Whitner - 4.39 and 4.37 (amazed in the drills)

Youboty - 4.43 and 4.45 (struggled in the drills)

Carpenter - 4.66, 4.68 (trainers say he's only 90%, was solid in drills)

Hawk - 4.49 and 4.42 (wierd #s, but I guess he got it in gear the second time, scary in drills)

Schlegel - 4.79 and 4.76 (not bad for an MLB, and he is fundamentally and athletically better than advertised)

Santonio Holmes - 4.36 and 4.34 (he weighed in at 179, 9 pounds lighter than he was at the combine, had a couple drops, was solid otherwise and interviewed very impressively)

Beat me to it Moose, so I added the rest...

I think Kudla is going to be the kind of starter that a team is always looking to replace.  He would be a good backup.  His play on the field never matched his gym numbers.  Workout warrior.

I'm glad I didn't reference Kudla as a "rich man's Matt Roth". :rolleyes: Much like Kudla, Matt Roth's athletic ability (4.7/40, 675lb squat, etc) will outweigh his production in the NFL. Both Roth and Kudla are smallish-DE's and oversized OLB's. More importantly, both players have that "hmmm...I wonder if he was juicing in college" stigma following them.
So, which one of those guys had 10+ sacks 3 years in a row? That would be Matt Roth. Roth was at aroud 270-275 lbs and had a 4.78 40.

So, which one of those guys had 10+ sacks 3 years in a row? That would be Matt Roth. Roth was at aroud 270-275 lbs and had a 4.78 40.
...and Ron Dayne won the Heisman. What's your point?? Roth played all 16 games last year in the NFL and totaled one sack. This is a preview of coming attractions.

Back to the topic. It'll be fun to see Hawk and Mario Williams slug it out over who's the first defensive player drafted. Both players are freaks and could easily go Top-5. I was also please to see Bobby Carpenter run a sub-4.7 despite recovering from a broken leg. Pretty impressive. On a sour note, it's sad to see Nate Salley slip further and further down the draft pole. There were rumbles a few months ago that he could sneak into the late 1st. Fast forward a few months, he now looks like this year's Donte Nicholson. :(

Kudla is country boy strong. He has had some unfortunate injuries and an illness. I think he could be one of those late bloomer players that excels in the pros.

Kudla never put of great stats his whole Buckeye career but I think he should be cut some slack

---------------------------

While his Ohio State teammates geared up for a run at another national title by immersing themselves in exhaustive winter-conditioning drills, Mike Kudla was busy attending to more pressing concerns.

He was trying to stay alive.

The freshman defensive end from Medina was a frequent contributor for the Buckeyes last season, appearing in all 14 games.

But his standing on the team provided little consolation while he was being ravaged last January by the effects of a rare disease called Stevens Johnson Syndrome -- which left him unable to eat, drink or speak -- while his heartsick mother stayed by his side placing ice chips on his parched lips, while the hospital staff furiously fed him IVs, while his Ohio hometown engaged in a community-wide prayer vigil.

Stevens Johnson Syndrome causes the skin and mucous membrane to blister similar to second-degree burns. And those afflicted can't take nourishment because even their throats are covered with open sores.

SJS generally is considered a severe allergic reaction to commonly prescribed drugs, although not everyone acquires it that way. Kudla had been fighting the effects of mononucleosis after the Fiesta Bowl when a virus slipped past his weakened immune system and progressed into full-fledged SJS.

Despite round-the-clock care, Kudla lost more than 40 pounds. Like most victims, his damaged skin peeled away -- "It would come off in sheets," his mother said -- leaving raw tissue behind.

"He was in an unbelievable amount of pain. We were told by the physicians -- there were 11 taking care of him -- that on a pain scale of one to 10, his discomfort level was at least a 12."

---------------------------

after watching him play every game this year I firmly believe he'll make a great NFL player.

Users who are viewing this thread