What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Santonio Holmes (1 Viewer)

Destroyer

Footballguy
Top 100 Risers/Fallers

Ohio State receiver Santonio Holmes has yielded his spot as the top-rated wideout in the draft to Florida's Chad Jackson amid concerns that Holmes' weight dropped significantly since the Combine. Holmes measured a solid 188 pounds in Indianapolis, but dropped to 179 when it came time to run at his Pro Day.

I know a lot of people had Chad Jackson ranked ahead of him anyway but this sudden weight loss has to concern a lot of people.

I'm not touching any of the rookie WRs in round one of any fantasy draft this year. Unless of course, the value is just plain sick.

This how I see my FF leagues going:

1. Bush

2. White

3. Williams

4. Maroney

5. Leinart

6. Young

7. Calhoun

8. Cutler

9. Addai

10. Here come the average wideouts!

Although I'm sure someone in any of my leagues drafts on of these wideouts around 6, 7, 8. Dropping Cutler, Young or Leinart to some happy camper at the bottom of the draft!

One would have to assume that Holmes purposely lost the weight in an effort to boost his 40 time. It's not like he's sporting a stomach virus...

...at least, I hope not.

If that's true, that's just more proof that most GMs/talent evaluators have no idea what they are doing. Apparently all of the great things he has done in college don't mean a thing. But 9 pounds means that the guy just isn't as good anymore :rolleyes:

I'm not touching any of the rookie WRs in round one of any fantasy draft this year. Unless of course, the value is just plain sick.

This how I see my FF leagues going:

1. Bush

2. White

3. Williams

4. Maroney

5. Leinart

6. Young

7. Calhoun

8. Cutler

9. Addai

10. Here come the average wideouts!

Although I'm sure someone in any of my leagues drafts on of these wideouts around 6, 7, 8. Dropping Cutler, Young or Leinart to some happy camper at the bottom of the draft!
People are making a huge mistake if they pass on "TO with speed".

Last edited by a moderator:
Top 100 Risers/Fallers

Ohio State receiver Santonio Holmes has yielded his spot as the top-rated wideout in the draft to Florida's Chad Jackson amid concerns that Holmes' weight dropped significantly since the Combine. Holmes measured a solid 188 pounds in Indianapolis, but dropped to 179 when it came time to run at his Pro Day.

I know a lot of people had Chad Jackson ranked ahead of him anyway but this sudden weight loss has to concern a lot of people.
the power of creatine

He blocks exceptionally well for a small receiver, has an unusual explosiveness to be able to get seperation, but even with that said not sure he will develop into a good pro FANTASY receiver. A lot depends who drafts him.

Vernon Davis is in my top 10. Possibly top 5 depending on who drafts him.

Far ahead of any receiver!

Other than jackson, is Holmes and Moss considered first rounders? Or does it depend on the teams needs?

Other than jackson, is Holmes and Moss considered first rounders? Or does it depend on the teams needs?
Teams at the bottom of the first round draft "best player available" based on their draft board, not nessesarily for need.

Sounds like much to do about nothing. I highly doubt his status has changed based solely on this. But it does make for good reading at their website.

Edit-apparently other websites haven't heard the news as they still rank Holmes #1. Besides, the difference between these 2 is so close it doesn't really matter. It'll depend on who's drafting as to who they like best anyway.

Anyone else notice that this article says Holmes' stock is dropping and that he has been supplanted atop the WR rankings by Jackson, yet the corresponding top 100 below has Holmes ranked as the #1 WR, considerably ahead of Jackson?

Huh?

Teams at the bottom of the first round draft "best player available" based on their draft board, not nessesarily for need.
Yes, but I can easily see Pittsburgh drafting Moss or Holmes if they fall that far.

It is funny when Steve Smith and Santana Moss are 185/190 pounds and there is all this talk about small fast receivers being in vogue. Now Holmes is 180 pounds and he is too small? I don't know Holmes at all, so he may be a bust, but if he is a good player, then 9 pounds ain't gonna make a difference especially if he did that to lower his 40 time because of all the press that Chad Jackson got for his 40 time.

Users who are viewing this thread