What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sell High Buy Low Post Week 3 (1 Viewer)

Gottabesweet

Footballguy
Anyone targeting any 0-3 teams?

Who are you targeting?

I’m going to dangle Swift out there this week see if I can upgrade WR. Both of Swift’s big games were on prime time. I’m leery of Hurts getting all goalline and the lack of designed passes. Gainwell still there depending on game script.

I’m going to shop Christian Kirk as well. With Zay Jones coming back soon maybe the past two weeks people will think he’s last years Kirk but Ridley still will eat.

Also may try Kamara. Value may be at his highest. I was a lot more hopeful with Carr starting but Jamesis doesn’t like to check down as much.

I’m going to dangle Swift out there this week see if I can upgrade WR. Both of Swift’s big games were on prime time. I’m leery of Hurts getting all goalline and the lack of designed passes. Gainwell still there depending on game script.
Swift looks awesome, and is clearly the most talented back there. But I'm also worried about his role. Once the game is out of reach they seem to ice him, and when it's in reach he cedes most of the goalline work to Hurts. Is that 3 times down at the one where hurts scored now in the last 2 weeks? Probably a smart usage by the eagles, but could be annoying for fantasy.

Kyren seem like a massive "sell before he breaks" guy. 131 snaps the last 2 weeks for a 195 lb guy. I know some people were turning down a 1st for him last week in dynasty. I'd be selling if that's still available.

I can't think of many "buy low" guys. I think I'm going to try targeting Javonte and Roschon in hopes that those offense show some life in the next few weeks. WanDale also got a lot of work first game back, and might have a big role if you're in a deeper lineup ppr league or dynasty. Jakobi Meyers is maybe more a buy high, but he seems legit and the owner might think he's selling high.

If you think there's any credibility to the rumors that the Jets could trade for Kirk Cousins, then Garrett Wilson could be a good buy low. Their schedule also looks a lot more favorable in the second half of the season. I don't think it will happen, but :shrug:

I
If you think there's any credibility to the rumors that the Jets could trade for Kirk Cousins, then Garrett Wilson could be a good buy low. Their schedule also looks a lot more favorable in the second half of the season. I don't think it will happen, but :shrug:
i don’t either. I don’t think Kirk will want to uproot his family. He’s a midwest guy and seems content.

Swift looks awesome, and is clearly the most talented back there. But I'm also worried about his role. Once the game is out of reach they seem to ice him, and when it's in reach he cedes most of the goalline work to Hurts. Is that 3 times down at the one where hurts scored now in the last 2 weeks? Probably a smart usage by the eagles, but could be annoying for fantasy.

Kyren seem like a massive "sell before he breaks" guy. 131 snaps the last 2 weeks for a 195 lb guy. I know some people were turning down a 1st for him last week in dynasty. I'd be selling if that's still available.

I can't think of many "buy low" guys. I think I'm going to try targeting Javonte and Roschon in hopes that those offense show some life in the next few weeks. WanDale also got a lot of work first game back, and might have a big role if you're in a deeper lineup ppr league or dynasty. Jakobi Meyers is maybe more a buy high, but he seems legit and the owner might think he's selling high.
Agree. I’m having a hard time identifying who could be a decent buy low. I know who I want to sell.

Sell high = mostert

Achane, Wilson looming, always gets hurt

Buy low = jacobs

I refuse to believe he's this bad. Started slow last year too. Just knocking rust off.

Went after the two 0-3 teams desperately searching for a tight end. Struck out on both attempts at Waller and Goedert.

Buy low. Er. Lower then normal maybe.

Javonte Williams. Hasn't had that big game. It's coming. Looks like his usage is scripted. That script is gonna increase.

Aaron Jones. Monster first week then hurt. Dillon has been underwhelming.

Calvin Ridley. 2 below average games. Targets are there.

Tee Higgins. Always worth a shot after a player has a bad 2 catch game.

Chris Godwin. Clearly second to Evans. Maybe frustrated owner would sell cheap.

Would buying Jacobs for Puka and Brian Robinson be too costly? I'm hesitant on it but can do it. Seems on paper like a good buy low and sell high but maybe it's too much if Jacob's can't get out of funk

Would buying Jacobs for Puka and Brian Robinson be too costly? I'm hesitant on it but can do it. Seems on paper like a good buy low and sell high but maybe it's too much if Jacob's can't get out of funk
I would give up Puka and Robinson all day for Jacobs.

Last edited:
I would give up Puka Robinson all day for Jacobs.
It's a 16 teamer. Could also do puka/drake london/roschon for jacobs/higbee and keep brob. I am pretty stacked at wr with pollard, brob as my rb starters and roschon being my rb3. I am considering but cause league is big sometimes warm bodies are important

I would give up Puka Robinson all day for Jacobs.
It's a 16 teamer. Could also do puka/drake london/roschon for jacobs/higbee and keep brob. I am pretty stacked at wr with pollard, brob as my rb starters and roschon being my rb3. I am considering but cause league is big sometimes warm bodies are important
16 man league makes it closer obviously. I like the original deal still the best personally.

I could be completely wrong, but I would not.

Puka and Robinson are both legit, IMO. No way I'm giving up both for Jacobs. I love buying Jacobs, but Puka and Robinson is too much, IMO. Puka and Robinson both seem like "buy high's" to me.

Jacobs could be great, but he looks terrible and was a classic dead zone RB until last year. He's a great guy to buy, but I'd want a deal. Puka/Robinson is not a "deal", IMO.

Are those rumors? I speculated on the board yesterday that the Jets should take a run at him but didn’t think it actually might happen.

Based on the Gibbs thread I think there may be some frustrated owners out there and you might be able to pry him away. Think he’s a good target.

Puka and Robinson are both legit, IMO. No way I'm giving up both for Jacobs. I love buying Jacobs, but Puka and Robinson is too much, IMO. Puka and Robinson both seem like "buy high's" to me.

Jacobs could be great, but he looks terrible and was a classic dead zone RB until last year. He's a great guy to buy, but I'd want a deal. Puka/Robinson is not a "deal", IMO.

To my thinking Puka is sell high unless you think Cupp is not coming back. Cupp becomes Puka once Cupp returns except with more end zone targets for Cupp.

There may already be adjustments by other teams to Puka based on his point total vs Cincinnati.

Aaron Jones. Monster first week then hurt. Dillon has been underwhelming.

Calvin Ridley. 2 below average games. Targets are there.
Really like these 2. Part of me wonders if Dillon failed so hard that GB stops splitting snaps so much.

Ridley could literally have 5 TDs right now with a little luck. Chalk it up to rust?

I'd be more concerned on the Jacobs end. Either the Raiders line is garbage, or Jacobs is cooked. Witnessing his workload last season, it could be a combination of both.. I think Puka is solid, and may be playing near his ceiling currently, and Robinson may be playing above his head a bit. It's a bit of a push depending on need, but not sure you can bank on Jacobs providing a solid floor moving forward.

Given his age and injury history, I don't think people will buy Mostert by himself, but Mostert + Achane would be a good sell high.

Given his age and injury history, I don't think people will buy Mostert by himself, but Mostert + Achane would be a good sell high.

Jeff Wilson was the 1A and is coming back soon...agree Mostert and Achane are great sell highs.

Would you trade Meyers and Jalen Warren for Robinson/Woods in a ppr league?

Tlaw, rhamondre, Ridley, jeudy, goedert are all buy lows. Basically my whole roster lol. Nico Collin’s as well after a down game. I’d give Pennie’s for Najee just for the off chance they turn it around. Chicago RBs. Marquise brown still seems cheap. Brian Robinson

Sell high: Miami RBs (controversial), Sutton, ford, swift, Josh Palmer. Basically all the recent waiver pickups lol

Users who are viewing this thread