What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (2 Viewers)

Hate being a rat, but I thought we couldn't pick up 2023 signings until the draft? Tht Walcott kid was 2023 I thought. Maybe I'm wrong. @Eephus

I just noticed others have been grabbed so maybe I have it wrong.

Also, if anyone wants to make a big trade for pitching or solid vets we have both and probably selling at this point. We are loaded with SP's.

Hate being a rat, but I thought we couldn't pick up 2023 signings until the draft? Tht Walcott kid was 2023 I thought. Maybe I'm wrong. @Eephus

Since the international signings happen in January now instead of July, I assume they're eligible right away for the CB draft in February.

Since the international signings happen in January now instead of July, I assume they're eligible right away for the CB draft in February.
That was my assumption as well. Didn’t Salas also sign Jan 23?

Last edited:
We've had other first year international players added since MLB moved the signing date up to January starting in 2021.

If anyone wants to roll the dice on Darvish we could use a bat or closer. Open to moving other vets.

We would LOVE to talk trade with anyone in this league. It seems like eight of you must have had a no trade clause when you joined the league. Hey @cheese we sent you some offers a couple months back. Check it out if you are still with us. 😀

We would LOVE to talk trade with anyone in this league. It seems like eight of you must have had a no trade clause when you joined the league. Hey @cheese we sent you some offers a couple months back. Check it out if you are still with us. 😀
Some of the best outcomes from trades have been rejections from offers I made

Betts (triple position eligibility)
Verlander
Kershaw
Castellanos
Semien
Garcia

All available. Looking for younger guys already in league, prospect hitters, younger pitchers, upside.

Betts is gonna be expensive obviously, so if you send me a “Pik offer,” I will not even attempt to counter.

We are selling now. Text me if it's easier. Open to anything that makes sense.

Altuve for a top ten prospect probably.

J.T. Realmuto can be had if you need a good catcher.

Starting Pitching can be had for a bat. Nothing crazy.
Darvish, E Rod, Wacha, and Giolito all available.

Star Marte has a headache and I want to cut him. He does have like 22 steals, but when will he play? Want him?

DOES ANYONE WANT LUCAS GIOLITO IN THE NEXT HOUR? Gonna drop his Azzaro. 29 years old, big k's, 99% owned. I hate him.

20 minutes to go. Tick tock.

Trade Executed!!

Last edited:
DOES ANYONE WANT LUCAS GIOLITO IN THE NEXT HOUR? Gonna drop his Azzaro. 29 years old, big k's, 99% owned. I hate him.

Trade Executed!!
Loved me some Giolito back when I had him as a prospect, before I became a TINSTAAPP disciple. Expectations are much lower now but hopefully I'll get some use out of him.

Trade Executed!!
Loved me some Giolito back when I had him as a prospect, before I became a TINSTAAPP disciple. Expectations are much lower now but hopefully I'll get some use out of him.
He will be money for at least two starts now. Good luck!

Random thought:

So what if we had a draft that occurred after the mlb draft? I thought you do the draft with a formula of the previous seasons standings, and current year standings.

So every team can draft a player, but if they do they do, they lose their 1st pick in the spring draft. Maybe if they do not protect the player the following year, they get a sup pick or something.

I think spicing up the league is always a good thing, so there is a random idea.

Random thought:

So what if we had a draft that occurred after the mlb draft? I thought you do the draft with a formula of the previous seasons standings, and current year standings.

So every team can draft a player, but if they do they do, they lose their 1st pick in the spring draft. Maybe if they do not protect the player the following year, they get a sup pick or something.

I think spicing up the league is always a good thing, so there is a random idea.

While I'm generally a more drafts=more fun guy, I don't see the point of a mid-season FYPD. Aside from the occasional Nolan Schnauel, I don't see the benefit vs. waiting until the following February.

I think it could lead to a situation where the top teams don't make a pick during the June phase moving them to the front of the draft order in February due to the forfeited picks. That would give them first dibs on international signings and unprotected players.

Last edited:
Fantrax Treasurer uses an ***official league end date of Thu Oct 5, 2023 12:00 AM PDT to allow for any late stats corrections. Payouts will happen on that date.

Rosters freeze on Sat Oct 7, 2023

Noticed a scoring issue - if a team goes over the IP limit, Fantrax stops counting their hitting stats as well as pitching. I don't remember that happening last year, but PIK's offensive numbers haven't counted for a week.

This could affect the race for 3rd place as both Dr. Detroit and HellToupee went over the limit today. Might need a support ticket @Eephus

Difference this year was SP health. My top 6 SP never missed a start. That just doesn't happen these days. Definitely didn't happen for @rodg12 or @FishTacoTuesday. Rodg deserves credit for duct-taping a staff together with dudes like Cristopher Sanchez and JP France and staying on my heels until the last week or two, and DrD for rallying for 3rd after Lance Lynn punted his ratios into the sun in April.

Would love to do the league's first-ever 3-peat, but it's gonna be tough. Key players aging, depleted farm system, franchise player banging middle schoolers, other contenders emerging... my team's got some issues to figure out. But I can worry about that in February. For now I'll just enjoy this. :suds:

Congrats on the repeat Sparty! You can roll over my winnings for third!

Tough year for me because of my pitching decisions and just having my average starter be 37 years old.

I started the process of getting younger, concentrating on taking my 40 man roster through with players that may help me win again soon, and taking a few TINSTAAPP chances.

Nice job RODG, think you’re the favorite next year. Have a great off-season everyone!

Congrats @Spartans Rule on the repeat!!! Did everything I could to chase you down, but couldn’t quite get there. Was a helluva fun season regardless. Love this league.

Definitely in again in 24 @Eephus . Thanks for the herding of cats as the commish as always.

Noticed a scoring issue - if a team goes over the IP limit, Fantrax stops counting their hitting stats as well as pitching.
I checked the league rules and saw this:
If a maximum has been met or exceeded: The entire team will stop accumulating stats for the rest of the season.
So I guess the rule actually is if you go over the IP limit, no more stats for anyone, even hitters. That's weird and I don't like it.

It didn't affect any of the money places this year. Possibly PIK vs. NV for 6th. No rush now but before next season we should make sure we can get the limits functioning how we want, especially if we're going to add them for position players.

So I guess the rule actually is if you go over the IP limit, no more stats for anyone, even hitters. That's weird and I don't like it.

It didn't affect any of the money places this year. Possibly PIK vs. NV for 6th. No rush now but before next season we should make sure we can get the limits functioning how we want, especially if we're going to add them for position players.

I'll see if I can change this after renewing the league.

Congrats to Sparty again. It's quite a juggernaut you've put together.

My season was totally mid as the kids say. Finished between 7 and 9 points in every category except one. I've usually been better/luckier in cobbling together a pitching staff in this format but everything fell apart after I peaked in first place in late-June.

Users who are viewing this thread